Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rebranding Monkeypox

Started by elliszeroed, August 16, 2022, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliszeroed

WHO Doctors want Publics Help in renaming Monkeypox as it stigmatises Monkeys, and Africa

QuoteThe World Health Organization has asked for help from the public in coming up with a less stigmatising designation for monkeypox.

The UN health agency has for weeks voiced concern about the name of the disease that began making global headlines in May.

Experts have warned the name can be stigmatising to the primates it was named after, but who play little role in its spread, and to the African continent the animals are often associated with.

Recently in Brazil, for instance, there have been reported cases of people attacking monkeys over fear of the disease.

My suggestion:

Cheekypox.

Video Game Fan 2000

Pilkington's Buggery
Peejie Tip

Have any shoe-ins of chickens been documented, in Brazil or otherwise, due to their 'pox namesake?

Pink Gregory

Vox Pox

Poxinquaye

Skindolene

and of course Robbie Williams' embarrassing late career album, Rudepox

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: DelurkedToHelp on August 16, 2022, 05:28:23 PMHave any shoe-ins of chickens been documented, in Brazil or otherwise, due to their 'pox namesake?

its okay to stigmatise cowards they're not an oppressed group

Video Game Fan 2000

Wee Jock Poo-Pong McPlop

The Quick Brown Pox Kills The Lazy Dog

All Surrogate

Aye-aye ague

Macaque mange

Orangutosis

Bubonic baboons

Famous Mortimer

DocDaneeka

The Corona thing was very successful so I'm going for something similar:

Hobgoblin Dark English Ale.

RetroRobot

Video Game Fan 2000

shitting dick's shitting dick disease of the dick

non capisco

I say lean into the monkey angle but as a sop to the monkeys make it sound more badass.

"No, mate, you won't see me out for a bit. Only gone and got meself a dose of Bubbles' Revenge."

Alberon

Baboon Rot

Gorilla Fungus

Macaque Malaise

flotemysost

Quote from: All Surrogate on August 16, 2022, 06:57:01 PMAye-aye ague

Macaque mange

Orangutosis

Bubonic baboons

Chimpanzika

Marmosepsis

Gorilla

Do Not Rhesus-itate

Alberon

flotemysost

Given that the vax being administered for it is a smallpox vax, surely that could be inadvertently feeding another form of prejudice, an unprecedented wave of body-shaming. Ahh you've got monkeypox which is basically SMALLpox that means you've got a SMALL willy ahhhhh

JesusAndYourBush

JesusAndYourBush