Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is it too early to reminisce about Friday Night Dinner

Started by Utter Shit, February 09, 2024, 01:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Been watching it for the first time, and loving it. Will season six ruin it at all? Genuinley warmed to Martin and Jackie now

Vodkafone

Quote from: Edgar Balloon III on March 26, 2024, 09:32:39 AMA big part of my enjoyment of this show was watching it with my wife and her intense hatred of Jim. She liked everything else, but he was always referred to as 'bloody Jim' - usually in the context of 'go away, bloody Jim.'

She still stuck with it until the first episode of series six, which she thought was 'utterly dreadful.' And, though I like the series, it was hard to disagree on that one.

I'm sure in another thread I vented my dislike of Jim and was shouted (well, politely posted) down for having yet another wrong opinion. Good to see fellow Jim naysayers in this thread then. Vindicated.

non capisco

Quote from: jobotic on March 23, 2024, 10:45:29 PMI we supposed to like Simon Bird's supercilious little shit of a character. He only ever speaks in that one loathsome way.

*Bob Mortimer's Athletico Mince 'Scottish tales' climax* THE VOICE OF RISHI SUNAK! THE VOICE OF RISHI SUNAK!

BritishHobo

I hate Jim. Mark Heap is great, but he's one of those characters where it's only been a couple of years, but you still think "jesus, what were you thinking?" A properly weird, obviously abnormal bloke who's constantly groping at and leering at the mum, making loads of uncomfortable comments, sniffing around her bedroom. Why?!

Agreed that it gets too daft at points in the later series, as many sitcoms do. The ones that stick out in my mind are Auntie Val getting fucked in a dog cage in the living room, and Jonny listening to the F1 at their uncle's funeral so he drops the coffin and their uncle's body flops out the coffin and Wilson comes up and starts eating their uncle's dead body that's flopped out of the coffin. It's a world away from crimble crumble.