Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where is H.S Art?

Started by madhair60, August 30, 2011, 07:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

oh no oh no oh god please bring it back

Ignore if temporary.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It was within you all along.

Neil

Gone  I'm condensing things.  Think the movie forum is a waste of space too.

madhair60

Er, and all the threads are gone also?

...I don't suppose anyone saved all those comics, did they...?

Neil

No, the threads are all still there.

madhair60

Are they gonna be merged with another forum, or left in limbo?  I don't mind, it's your decision obviously, but there's a few threads of mongs etc I wouldn't mind archiving.  Lots of funny stuff.

Incandenza

Just came on here looking for the Thomas the Tanked Engine comics - where have the threads ended up?

Blumf

Quote from: Neil on August 30, 2011, 07:55:28 PM
Gone  I'm condensing things.  Think the movie forum is a waste of space too.

Naaaaaah, put it all back and have a fag.

Neil

Quote from: Blumf on August 30, 2011, 08:15:33 PM
Naaaaaah, put it all back and have a fag.

I spent an hour trying to buy some today, using only the few quid I have in my paypal.  How did you know?

No, I need rid of a lot of this stuff.  Too much for newbies to take in.  People don't even bother putting their Kubrick thread in the right forum, as it won't get enough traffic etc.  Needs a new mix. 

MojoJojo

Quote from: Neil on August 30, 2011, 08:20:43 PMPeople don't even bother putting their Kubrick thread in the right forum, as it won't get enough traffic etc.  Needs a new mix.
It's not really about films though. General Bullshit is almost a perfect description, just need to drop the "general" bit.

Blumf

Quote from: Neil on August 30, 2011, 08:20:43 PM
I spent an hour trying to buy some today, using only the few quid I have in my paypal.

I knew it! We need to get a shipment of gin and vermouth over to you quick. Where'd I leave those olives...

Jackson K Pollock

Did we ever find out what H.S stood for?

buttgammon

It's 'trash' spelled backwards, and also a Swell Maps song.

MissInformed

The movie forum used to be part of Picture Box anyway, if I remember right. It was only broken away because the movie threads in PB were all consuming.

Neil

No, there was never any movie threads in PB, apart from the usual mega-threads which made it impossible to find discussion of individual films.  The new forum was an attempt at promoting more discussion, but isn't really working.  I'll put those comics threads in PB, or something, but there's simply not enough content in HS Art to sustain a whole forum.  The Chris Morris forum is a giant waste of time and space too, but was worth a go.

doppelkorn

Sorry if I'm being dim but how do we access certain threads now? There are bits in there that are slow but steady like Jokes 2: the new botch.

Big Jack McBastard

Scandalous, shocking, alarming.[nb]probably needed doing actually...[/nb]

I don't hold with all this pandering to newbies business though, if a click an 2 inches away from the top is beyond their internets skillz then they'd best fucking shape up or shit off.

I'm surprised more segmentation hasn't occurred actually, weren't you rather gung-ho about the Tech and Movies forums when you birthed their mewling forms from your belly?

the midnight watch baboon

So my 7 year relationship has walked to the edge of the cliff, I'm stuck in a ruddy hotel room in paris with a fractured fooot and my whimsy has disappeared like a hilarious simile! I'm goong to burst the salt banks

MissInformed

Big Jack McBastard

I'd have thought 'Ask Aubrey' would have at least taken a walk first...

BlodwynPig

You'll be parsing this down to one thread soon - The Biggytitbo Show - or something.

doppelkorn

Yeah I never got what Ask Aubrey is for either

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on August 30, 2011, 09:27:12 PM
I'd have thought 'Ask Aubrey' would have at at least taken a walk first...

I'm still waiting for some answers on that thread.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: doppelkorn on August 30, 2011, 09:34:21 PM
Yeah I never got what Ask Aubrey is for either

I was set up to provide "Agony Uncle" support. Unfortunately the "Agony Uncle" in question was a mad, sad, bitter, violent and twisted individual with many 'issues' of his own.

doppelkorn

Jemble Fred

There was a downhearted baboon,

doppelkorn

Who was stranded and drunk in Kowloon

Neville Chamberlain

He sought solace in rhyme

Jemble Fred

Which is surely no crime?

MissInformed

And now he'll be coming home soon.