Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pandering to newbies

Started by Neil, September 02, 2011, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

We should do a new version of one of those surveys users have to fill out, so that new (and even established posters) can introduce themselves to the site. Want to suggest some categories? 

Name, top three records/books/songs/films, where'd you find out about us, etc. Anything more interesting to ask?

CaledonianGonzo

Whether or not they have phimosis?

Neville Chamberlain

Can you recite the entire Dr Johnson Blackadder episode by heart? (I can, almost!)

George Oscar Bluth II

Please outline your preferred arse wiping technique in less than 100 words in the space provided:

Johnny Townmouse

What are your favourite LOL memes?

Did Jack Ripper really land on the moon causing 9/11?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

non capisco

Goofy: dog or upright walking cow motherfucker?

Nobody Soup

I found this site 2 days ago looking for rips of daniel kitson performances, and the link was from cookd and bombd, and having downloaded blue jam from here like 9 years ago I thought, "lol, they have a forum, bet that's popular."

but on closer inspection, it turned out to be moderately so, certainly not barren enough to warrant my previous sarcastic thoughts. and I have a council job. it was more when than if.

gainsburg,cave,walker/metamorphosis,never let me go,portnoy's complaint/aformentioned anecdote/can't remember films/no,no,no,no, no and no as you would probably guess if you were being sensible.

When compelled to express mirthful appreciation of another poster's comment, do you prefer the grudging yet respectful "heh" or the more expressive "Jiminy Fuck-bollocks, that made I laugh!!!!!"

ziggy starbucks

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Nobody Soup on September 02, 2011, 06:18:15 PM
I found this site 2 days ago looking for rips of daniel kitson performances, and the link was from cookd and bombd, and having downloaded blue jam from here like 9 years ago I thought, "lol, they have a forum, bet that's popular."

I'm going to set up a rival Daniel Kitson fan forum to poach all of Neil's posters.

It'll have none of this Karma bullshit and all the avatars will be of John LaZar.

mook

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 02, 2011, 06:25:59 PM
rhetorical question, surely?

If they answer 'No', then we know it'll be [banned troll] with his big cobra-headed willie.  It's the perfect filter.

Nobody Soup

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 02, 2011, 06:22:56 PM
When compelled to express mirthful appreciation of another poster's comment, do you prefer the grudging yet respectful "heh" or the more expressive "Jiminy Fuck-bollocks, that made I laugh!!!!!"

a private sulk where I lament myself for not thinking of it and then ruing my inability to misuse time travel.

or 'lol' but on only in circumstances where appreciating the comment would directly annoy the person the comment was aimed at.

ACTUALLY, probably this karma system thing. seriously, it's not that bad...

Dusty Gozongas

Here. Have a monkey.

it won't catch on.

CaledonianGonzo

Especially because that's an ape.

Neil

Think you'll catch me out that easily, you fuck-spittled, soft-boned, baby-cocked, Mary Whitehouse Experience-worshipping, Stewart 'crisps' Lee-fellating, chinless 'lol paedo' bastard CUNT-TURDS?  Think on. 

I'm leaving this piss-happy dogs-vomit of a 90's comedy-loving excuse for an online utopia forever, and you will ALL rue the day you tried to catch me out with invasive surveys about my strapping, hairy and fucking comfortably-foreskinned cheese-gun.

C U N T S!

Edit: wrong log-in. Please ignore.

Quote from: Nobody Soup on September 02, 2011, 06:32:32 PM
a private sulk where I lament myself for not thinking of it and then ruing my inability to misuse time travel.

or 'lol' but on only in circumstances where appreciating the comment would directly annoy the person the comment was aimed at.

Good-oh, you'll fit right in.[nb]NB: I have just used this site's yearly one-off quota of the term "good-oh". Any subsequent usage will result in an immediate ban. Please take note.[/nb]

Nobody Soup

yeah, I'm quite a positive chap, I'm quite sarcastic too but I get the impression the former is going to be where the niche market is here.

I like the monkey!

mook

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2011, 06:38:04 PM
C U N T S!

Good-oh, you'll fit right in.[Nb]Fuck you, Berkley - you don't get dibs on the Good-oh[/nb]

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on September 02, 2011, 06:44:43 PM
[Nb]Fuck you, Berkley - you don't get dibs on the Good-oh[/nb]

Neil, ban this flagrant rule-breaker!

Goddamn longhairs.

CaledonianGonzo

[tag]CaledonianGonzo mentions the Good-ohs[/tag]

Speaking of hair, another essential question for newbs is: Are you follically threadbare? If so, take it up with Biggy and Shoulders.[nb]And, slowly but surely, Berkley, it has to be said. But take it up with Biggy and Shoulders mainly. I'm too busy styling a semi-convincing combover.[/nb]

biggytitbo

Nobody Soup

nah, it's lusterous as a silverback mountain monkey, I'm afraid.

I did have cancer though so I was briefly when I was 12. a prize to anyone that can guess the type of cancer.

CaledonianGonzo

Leukemia?

(uh....that's cancer of the foreskin, right?)

biggytitbo

Quote from: Nobody Soup on September 02, 2011, 06:59:37 PM
nah, it's lusterous as a silverback mountain monkey, I'm afraid.

I did have cancer though so I was briefly when I was 12. a prize to anyone that can guess the type of cancer.

Hair cancer?

biggytitbo