Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket thread 2020: executing our skillsets

Started by sevendaughters, March 06, 2020, 05:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Norse

Not often these days you see teams going into an ODI with two genuine rabbits in the lineup. Mr T has a first-class batting average of 2.07 which is pretty incredible.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Damage done to an extent. Obviously India should have got 360-370 from their position, and we clawed it back.

Perhaps England will piss it, but 330-340 runs is a long way off if we lose 2 or 3 wickets at crucial times.

sevendaughters

absolutely love Mark Wood. Ashington pumping out real Men of the People.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Has he crocked himself yet again? I read some updates saying he was off the field and looked stiff.

sevendaughters

apparently he has the shits and was hydrating

Inspector Norse

This series sums up a lot of the problems I have with T20 (rather than ODIs in general), because this big-hitting approach may be fun and obviously takes talent and athleticism, but it also introduces too much of a random, lucky element into the game. The pitches and teams have been the same throughout the series but it's too often reduced to whose big shots come off on the day, and a lot of that is just 50-50 stuff. England in particular have sorely missed Joe Root, who is much more of a technical, clever scorer of runs: no he doesn't mash the ball into outer space like Bairstow or Stokes or Pandya, but he plays the bowlers and the field and suddenly he's 80 off 70 and he's glued an innings like this together.

On the other hand, if he stops playing the kwik krikket stuff he might get back to making serious big test innings and that I'm not complaining about.

Thursday

A missed run-out there that deserves to lose a game. Pity.

Feels like Moeen eternally replays the same innings, looks nice, a few good hits, gets out for 30-ish.

druss

Curran shouldn't be turning down singles, getting to the point where both of them need to go apeshit to stand a chance.

Harry Badger

There's only one word for this - magic batting.

poo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Left it too late, I fear. Really needed to be going for it an over earlier.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 28, 2021, 05:45:36 PM
Fucked it, the little cocktease.

Still, you can cheer on Hamilton and Kane in the other sports today

poo

Harry Badger

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 28, 2021, 05:48:21 PM
Still, you can cheer on Hamilton and Kane in the other sports today

Fuck 'other sports'

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Harry Badger on March 28, 2021, 06:21:15 PM
Fuck 'other sports'

I'm watching the NBL on youtube (National Bowling League) - beats the drama of this cricket hands down. Some of the muttering that goes on between bowls!

sevendaughters

really enjoyed the whole tour to India fwiw. they oscillated between AMAZIN and NEKRO quite often so it was interesting for it to all finish on 'decent'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/56561894

Laying the groundwork for fucking Tim Paine out of the test team.

'I've grown so much' = 'I haven't learned a thing, I got caught and have just been biding my time'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rakheem laying the smack down for Windies after a classic Brathwaite borefest.

sevendaughters

really don't want to jump the gun but Windies look to be building something with Bonner, Mayers, and da Silva. if they could turn one of their quicks into a raging deathbastard then they could leap to the Big 4 (who seem to be pulling away from everyone now).

Harry Badger

I like that Mayers has revived the art of 65mph rock-solid military medium. In Antigua of all places.

Local radio comms here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqY5KW-8iyI

Harry Badger

Mike Atherton's son makes a hundred against a decent Yorkshire attack for his uni team. Faced 292 balls, so the apple didn't fall  far from the tree.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/56586817?fbclid=IwAR020MYPhar4bjbLhGQhfHnjZTpSex1bwmZDJkSslrxfPJG_T-GXtzvEZiE

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rain delays again, but still time left for Windies to wrap up that Sri Lanka innings and score a few quick runs Morning and Afternoon session tomorrow to set a good target. Cornwall promoted to 3 plz

Inspector Norse

State of that SL tail. Lakmal batting 8.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

John Campbell continuing on his Daren Ganga/Keaton Jennings level incompetency.