Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin

Started by Mobius, February 05, 2024, 09:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: mrspangles on March 20, 2024, 03:36:53 PMEither very sorry or delighted to tell you Tom King is in it (and shot early doors, episode one) played by the esteemed David Threlfall

That was David Threlfall??

Led Souptin

This is surprisingly fun. Was expecting to hate it but its really enjoyable and silly with occasional actually funny jokes.

Bad points: fielding's performance comes across really flat. He's playing a sweeter version of vince noir, but he really doesn't need too. I guess Turpin is supposed to be naive but it seems like the script was written with vince noir in mind.

I can't stand Marc Wooton. He stinks. H3 stunk up delocated and he's stinking up this.

Good points:

Everyone's in this and it feels very British, I like that vibe.

Some of the direction is genuinely impressive.

Mark heap is just fantastic. The
Spoiler alert
come back to the butchers and work for meeee....at
[close]
joke really really got me.

Agree that it needs Barratt. I really doubt he wants to do it but would be amazing if they get him as a villan.

6.5/10 overall

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Led Souptin on March 22, 2024, 06:05:58 PMMark heap is just fantastic. The
Spoiler alert
come back to the butchers and work for meeee....at
[close]
joke really really got me.

Yes! That was great.

I've got a theory that if there's a S2 Barratt will be the series-long antagonist.

Episode 4 was a bit pants.Bold of them to have essentially a Lord Flashheart character. It took me ages to realise that was Connor Swindells. He's got more range than I gave him credit for.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The completely needless musical sequence was the highlight for me.

SteveDave

I'm really enjoying this. Everyone is hamming it up but in a good way.

Noodle Lizard

It seems as though everyone's having a really fun time making it, which is sort of contagious even if the bones of it aren't anything special. There are a few properly good gags, though, and even more basic stuff like the "dick" double entendres are often well-executed.