Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:57:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bluesky invite codes

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 23, 2023, 11:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Shaftoe

If anyone can use them - they're from a friend so I won't know when they've been used, maybe reply to say when you've taken one?

If you're thinking of using Bluesky as a Twitter replacement, here's a nice tweetdeck equivalent: https://deck.blue

bsky-social-qpzlm-sxcjx

(gone)

(gone)

non capisco

I've got five to give away, will post em up in here when I get back in front of my laptop.

Thursday

I've got invite codes, but I'll only give them away in exchange for sexual services or money.

Thursday

I'm guessing we're alright here, but it's worth keeping in mind that if you posted them on twitter, it's going to be instantly scraped up by bots. So I dunno if I'd want to just post them publicly where any lurker or bot-cunt might use them to make the platform worse.

Jack Shaftoe

Good point. I think they'll be okay here.

non capisco

Quote from: Thursday on September 23, 2023, 12:21:47 PMI'm guessing we're alright here, but it's worth keeping in mind that if you posted them on twitter, it's going to be instantly scraped up by bots. So I dunno if I'd want to just post them publicly where any lurker or bot-cunt might use them to make the platform worse.

Fair point.

PM me if you want one of five. Funnily enough it's picked up on there of late since Musk said he wanted to charge people for Twitter! 

Jack Shaftoe

Yeah, it's feeling more viable now. My feed seems much more bookish and trans-friendly, which is nice. Think there's a general vibe that the Helen Lewises are to be kept away if possible, or at least mass-blocked if not.

steveh

Bluesky also use invite code trees to track back spammers and bad activity so I guess that might have repercussions if one of your codes gets used by such people.

Does seem to have reached a critical mass of UK and Irish content this week whereas before it was very American.

Thursday

There's a friendlier vibe their at the moment because it's early social media and people are open to following new people. I get more engagement on a post there with a fraction of the followers I have on twitter.

They do seem to be a bit slow to build on the momentum though and introduce some basic features like DM's. Might just be that they don't have enough developers working there yet and don't want to grow too quickly, but they might miss their opportunity if they truly want to be a viable alternative.

There does seem to be a conscious effort from people to steer away from the politics hell that twitter became, although that has meant an over-reliance on some slightly lame parlour game humour of early twitter at the moment. Maybe that's just some of the people I've chosen to follow.

There's also a certain type of person on there who still can't help going "hur hur look what Musk has done on twitter now!!!"
Yes I KNOW! That's why I came here instead, to talk about something else.

Egyptian Feast

I have a code if anyone needs one after the above offers have expired. Slide into my DMs.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on September 23, 2023, 08:22:43 PMI have two codes if anyone needs one after the above offers have expired. Slide into my DMs.

FTFY

touchingcloth

Noodle Lizard

I would quite like a code if anyone still has a spare one please

Memorex MP3

I'm on this but without any way of migrating followers I don't really know where I'm supposed to start

Mister Six

I'll take one if there's one going space.

Jack Shaftoe

Incy Wincy Mincey

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on September 25, 2023, 11:04:04 PMI'm on this but without any way of migrating followers I don't really know where I'm supposed to start

This tool did the job for me. Took a few tries to access Xitter initially but got there in the end. I run it about once a week now to see who's moved across.

canadagoose

If anyone needs one, I've got a few. Just PM to get one.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on September 25, 2023, 11:04:04 PMI'm on this but without any way of migrating followers I don't really know where I'm supposed to start

I found this worked pretty ok:
https://github.com/kawamataryo/sky-follower-bridge

Sebastian Cobb

I found a good twitter mutual on there and just added followers/following on their profile that I recognised.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on October 02, 2023, 03:30:40 PMI found this worked pretty ok:
https://github.com/kawamataryo/sky-follower-bridge

I think I might create a thread on good extensions in the technology subforum, I discovered 'sponsorblock' for youtube (actually found out about it because I installed SmartTubeNext on my firestick which basically gives you a lot of the Youtube Premium features without a subscription and it includes it) the other day.

Edit, done: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=105182.new#new

The Late Satoru Iwata

Two codes here too, for the random DMer

non capisco

I've been furnished by Ian Bluesky with three more to give away as well.

Thursday

There's probably something we could do with feeds or something to help find mutual CaB people on there... then again I might not want to publicly identify myself as a Cookdandbombd poster .

Pranet

I have one invite code DM if you want it.

katzenjammer

I'd like an invite code if some has a spare please

Jack Shaftoe

jsgibble

jsgibble

Jerzy Bondov

I have two, PM me anyone who wants one