Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This Country Series 3

Started by Malcy, January 21, 2020, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len Pounds

Blimey, that Martin Mucklowe is becoming more and more of a monster with each episode. Surely no chance of redemption for him, so I wonder how he'll get his comeuppance...

The (inaudible) noise Kerry's mum made when she was offered a Wagon Wheel had me in stitches!

Bazooka

Not an episode I would rush to watch again, Martin being back just felt like filler.

Some good lines such as "Can't send money over the internet on a Tuesday".

jobotic

Yeah the memes bit was great.

I don't like Martin in it though. He's too horrible. The bit about the pillow was obviously coming but felt like it was from a different show.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Len Pounds on March 02, 2020, 11:20:30 PMThe (inaudible) noise Kerry's mum made when she was offered a Wagon Wheel had me in stitches!

Kerry's mum singing in the shower had me howling.

Cuellar

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 02, 2020, 11:11:21 PM
I loved the bit with Kurtan and his Nan, and his differentiating between chatting and nattering. I REALLY want to see Kurtan's memes. So sad this is finishing.

I noticed a black and white KEEP CALM AND LOVE YOUR VILLAGE poster on the noticeboard in the vicar's office - could well be one of his memes.

dr beat

A downbeat episode but good to see some character development for Len.  I also liked how there were signs that Martin might be something of a reformed character only for that to be quickly dashed. 

holyzombiejesus

Has it ever been stated why Kurtan lives with his nan?

I re-watched the first few episodes of the first series on Saturday night but was too drunk to remember much apart from the fact his name is Lee and that bit where he starts crying because Pizza Hut makes it so hard for him to eat his pizzas from the inside out.

Jockice

Quote from: Cuellar on March 03, 2020, 10:05:54 AM
I noticed a black and white KEEP CALM AND LOVE YOUR VILLAGE poster on the noticeboard in the vicar's office - could well be one of his memes.

I noticed that on last week's episode. Haven't seen the latest one so far.

Len Pounds

Quote from: dr beat on March 03, 2020, 10:25:48 AM
A downbeat episode but good to see some character development for Len.  I also liked how there were signs that Martin might be something of a reformed character only for that to be quickly dashed.

The only thing is though, with the beard gone, it was harder to see him as Len and it was a bit more like you were seeing the actor who plays Len, if that makes sense? A lot of his character came through his appearance.

After last week's hysterical car-based antics, this episode felt a bit flat in comparison but still very funny with some excellent acting performances, especially Paul Chaidi as the vicar.

Have they ever named the village they're in? I know it's mostly filmed in Northleach - indeed, I have made pilgrimage to Kerry's house - but don't recall it ever being referred to in the show itself.

Also, can anyone else think of any other popular sitcoms without a theme tune? Even other moc-docs like The Office and Parks and Rec have had music of some kind.

Blue Jam

Len Pounds

Quote from: HMS Beanspiller on March 03, 2020, 10:53:40 AM
Also, can anyone else think of any other popular sitcoms without a theme tune? Even other moc-docs like The Office and Parks and Rec have had music of some kind.

Porridge

Quote from: Len Pounds on March 03, 2020, 11:55:50 AM
Porridge

Good shout, nothing at the start but what about over the end credits?

Jockice

Just put Six Music on on my computer. It has the Coopers in conversation during the Shaun Keaveney show. Hopefully within the next hour or the last hour of the show as I'm doing something between 2-3.

Len Pounds

Quote from: HMS Beanspiller on March 03, 2020, 12:59:29 PM
Good shout, nothing at the start but what about over the end credits?

Ahh I think you're quite right!

holyzombiejesus

Thought the unheralded appearance of Martin was really well done although the Gogglebox thing was a bit shit.

Bazooka

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 03, 2020, 01:46:49 PM
Thought the unheralded appearance of Martin was really well done although the Gogglebox thing was a bit shit.

Yeah that Gogglebox gag was dregs.

Mobius

I feel like there's always 1 scene that just doesn't fit with the show like Gogglebox or the Shark chat the other episode. You suddenly become very aware there's a camera and it all goes a bit too Brent...

holyzombiejesus

I agree. It always seems to be Kerry too.

pigamus

Has David Hargreaves been in it all this time? I never even noticed.

Blue Jam

Anyone figured out who this "heavily-disguised uncredited A-lister" is yet? All I know is that it's definitely not the oh-so-humble Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.

pigamus

I've only just noticed the letter box isn't in the centre of Kerry's front door, that's going to do my head in now

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 03, 2020, 08:18:11 PM
Anyone figured out who this "heavily-disguised uncredited A-lister" is yet? All I know is that it's definitely not the oh-so-humble Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.

Not heard about this?

Quote from: pigamus on March 03, 2020, 08:12:01 PM

Yes, Arthur and Len have long-term beef.

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 03, 2020, 08:18:11 PM

Was 'white Dennis Rodman' from episode 1 actual Dennis Rodman maybe?

More ageing rocker than A-lister, but according to the Coopers' interview on 6Music this afternoon,
Spoiler alert
Steve Winwood
[close]
agreed to be in the background in a pub scene as he drinks in the local in the village where it is filmed.

wooders1978

Daisy cooper is on that ianucci film so - dev Patel, tilda Swinton and Hugh Laurie are possibilities

I notice she was also on the wrong mans - possibly forum favourite James Corden?

gabbitas

Quote from: pigamus on March 03, 2020, 08:12:01 PM

Not sure who he is, but his Wikipedia page is shite :-(

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 29, 2020, 03:21:26 PM
I completely agree that the pan pipe band bit was crap. Worst moment of all the episodes I've seen. Didn't like Kerry's mum talking about scraping the shit out of her knickers with a spoon either.
Agree with the Kerry's mum bit, it just jarred and never felt like it was something that would be said.

But I love this show so much. Every character, line and scene is so well preformed, it's as tight as a band around a barrel.

Yet it still remains so believable, relatable and hilarious