Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,787
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:42:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 II - Bernie Topwin: "We'll see this trashcan dream come true"

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, February 13, 2020, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Where is the narrative for Biden to get his teeth into any kind of contest with Trump

2008 - Obama, change, we are gonna get shit done with our Hope
2012-  OK sorry I didn't get that much shit done but I will this time, also this guy left his dog on the roof and is a fucking weirdo
2016 - Now time to get shit done, this time shit things, but shit things I have worked out how to make you crave and feel happy about versus this permafrost email bullshit establishment ghoul
2020? - Goo goo gah gah, Obama may frend

rjd2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 25, 2020, 03:00:03 PM

2020? - Goo goo gah gah, Obama may frend

Tbh that might be enough, whether we like it or not the electorate clearly have decided that policy is irrelevant compared to the nostalgia of the Obama years.

Mister Six

The electorate? No, the Democratic party voters, and many of those  those in certain areas that were coincidentally affected by voter suppression mysterious polling area closures.

The proper electorate is the one that has the option to vote Trump or third party, if they vote at all. The question is whether Trump has managed to piss off enough people that voters will back Biden out of anger, because it's hard to imagine them backing him out of enthusiasm and passion (unless his VP is amazing).

It doesn't even matter anymore. Trump will be in power for at least 5 more years (through January 2025).

If the coronavirus pandemic dies down through some combination of the heroism of medical workers, luck, and unforeseen environmental factors (a far wider infection rate than currently known leading to herd immunity?), Trump will get full credit for winning the war despite all objective indications of his gross incompetence. The dullards in this country will declare him one of the Greatest Presidents for decades to come.

If the coronavirus pandemic doesn't die down by November, we will be under some form of martial law by that point and the terrified dullards in this country will cling to the status quo strongman to make them safe again, despite all objective indications of his gross incompetence.

It's over, we're all fucked. Even if Bernie becomes the nominee, this won't be a Hoover ---> FDR situation, because unlike the 1930s depression the current situation can be blamed on an external enemy beyond our control (despite all objective indications of Trump's gross incompetence). Scared people revert fifty ticks to the right and become fascists.

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on March 25, 2020, 03:59:45 PM
It doesn't even matter anymore. Trump will be in power for at least 5 more years (through January 2025).

If the coronavirus pandemic dies down through some combination of the heroism of medical workers, luck, and unforeseen environmental factors (a far wider infection rate than currently known leading to herd immunity?), Trump will get full credit for winning the war despite all objective indications of his gross incompetence. The dullards in this country will declare him one of the Greatest Presidents for decades to come.

If the coronavirus pandemic doesn't die down by November, we will be under some form of martial law by that point and the terrified dullards in this country will cling to the status quo strongman to make them safe again, despite all objective indications of his gross incompetence.

It's over, we're all fucked. Even if Bernie becomes the nominee, this won't be a Hoover ---> FDR situation, because unlike the 1930s depression the current situation can be blamed on an external enemy beyond our control (despite all objective indications of Trump's gross incompetence). Scared people revert fifty ticks to the right and become fascists.

Ok, this is a touch pessimistic.

Then again, as soon as WW2 was over the U.K. electorate bounced Churchill out on his ass. So maybe there is still some hope.

Still need Bernie to win the nomination.

Dewt

I just want to see people I find annoying fail at this point. Rat Boy dropping out was fun but ultimately ruined by it being a ploy to boost Rob Biden

C_Larence

After Bernie's campaign confirmed he will he debating in April, Biden has basically said he won't take part, saying, "i think we've have had enough of debates" in his press conference today.

rjd2

I think the party probably would start suspending primaries if they thought Bernie had a glimmer, that's the hate they have for him.

Dewt

It's shocking isn't it. Playing "at best" "at worst" again,

At best: His campaign knows that he doesn't come across well in public appearances so they're trying to shut down democracy and just push him through as the nominee
At worst: He is a senile/dying placeholder for the candidate they will replace him with

Both are unacceptable

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: rjd2 on March 25, 2020, 03:21:40 PM
Tbh that might be enough, whether we like it or not the electorate clearly have decided that policy is irrelevant compared to the nostalgia of the Obama years.

The democratic electorate.

The wider electorate will look and go

'I liked that they were polite and not made of absolute fucking dog shit, but they did nothing while promising they were going to do something, say what you like about Trump but he gets stuff done'

C_Larence

Yep, Trump's approval rates continue to grow.

Probably nothing to worry about though, he'll have to slip up eventually.

Dewt

He's done a good job of not saying anything stupid until this point

C_Larence

Bernie speaking on the senate floor about today's developments.
https://twitter.com/handleyzo/status/1242985531119632385?s=21

Biden talked about what drinks he likes (gatorade) on a livestream earlier so that was cool too

Quote from: Dewt on March 25, 2020, 11:37:07 PM
He's done a good job of not saying anything stupid until this point

No, he's said countless dumb as fuck things up until this point but his lifetime strategy of talking unmitigated shite 90% of the time has worn people down to the point where that thing he said yesterday that would've been a resigning matter for any other politician is forgotten about.

I think however that the way that this virus is spreading in the USA is quite alarming. Soon he's going to be under fire again and that approval rating will head down to around the 40% level, that 40% of people who would happily let him skull fuck their own grandma and still blindly support him.

Mister Six

I think Twed was being ironic.

Quite happy that states can set their own laws and rules for things like isolation now, to be honest, because Trump is obviously going to try to open things up ASAP to get the economy back on track.

rjd2

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on March 26, 2020, 06:39:12 AM
No, he's said countless dumb as fuck things up until this point but his lifetime strategy of talking unmitigated shite 90% of the time has worn people down to the point where that thing he said yesterday that would've been a resigning matter for any other politician is forgotten about.

I think however that the way that this virus is spreading in the USA is quite alarming. Soon he's going to be under fire again and that approval rating will head down to around the 40% level, that 40% of people who would happily let him skull fuck their own grandma and still blindly support him.

Trumps genius is distracting people with culture war shite, but once this gets really bad and people start dying and the economy collapses then he is in serious trouble.

Doesn't help that few Republican governors, senators etc seem to be coming out of this well.

In Florida for example Rick Scott and Ron De Santiss have had nightmares handling it and if I were a GOP person because of their slackness that state will be near impossible to win in November.

EOLAN

Looking at the figures; New York seems to be particularly badly hit with a Democrat Governor who seems to be getting pushed as the next best thing. Florida death rate still seems relatively low despite the older and higher at risk migration down there.

Obviously a lot of Republican states may have an advantage of being less densely populated leading to a lower transference rate.

Quote from: EOLAN on March 26, 2020, 02:08:16 PM
Looking at the figures; New York seems to be particularly badly hit with a Democrat Governor who seems to be getting pushed as the next best thing. Florida death rate still seems relatively low despite the older and higher at risk migration down there.

Obviously a lot of Republican states may have an advantage of being less densely populated leading to a lower transference rate.

The death figures are essentially on a two-week day from widespread outbreak, I imagine states like Florida are going to begin to be overwhelmed very quickly.

Mister Six

Also New York is doing more testing than any other state. Can't add to the figures if you haven't been tested.

Dewt

A lot of people who spent the last three years tweeting things like "believe women" are calling the women who made a very credible accusation of sexual assault against Biden a lying Russian asset.

Quote from: Dewt on March 27, 2020, 02:49:56 AM
A lot of people who spent the last three years tweeting things like "believe women" are calling the women who made a very credible accusation of sexual assault against Biden a lying Russian asset.

Yes, though calling them hypocrites is the same pointless endeavor the Democrats waste all their time doing as if they are perpetually shocked that the Republicans are openly hypocritical.

I wish the woman hadn't come forward, to be honest, because it's unlikely to affect the primary at this point and if Biden is the nominee we live in an immoral hellworld where we all have to hope for Biden to win in the general.

Dewt

Four more years of Trump and a Democratic party that simply does not have a case for pulling the same bullshit they always pull is a more attractive scenario to me than Dems winning and consolidating their position as the right-wing blockers of any hope of progress.

Mister Six

No far right Supreme Court, plz.

Fucking RBG should have stepped down in Obama's second term.

chveik

Quote from: Dewt on March 27, 2020, 03:27:42 AM
Four more years of Trump and a Democratic party that simply does not have a case for pulling the same bullshit they always pull is a more attractive scenario to me than Dems winning and consolidating their position as the right-wing blockers of any hope of progress.

you're being extremely optimistic.

If Biden wins the primary, I really wish Bernie doesn't endorse him and instead helps building some sort of different platform for proper leftists in the US.

Quote from: Dewt on March 27, 2020, 03:27:42 AM

The Democrats are unspeakably terrible, but Trump is on the verge of killings hundreds of thousands of people because he doesn't believe in science and wants the stock market to go back up.

I understand your reasoning, but four more years of Trump destroying the planet is not going to make people see reason and realize that the Democrats are evil and incompetent. I'm convinced that we just live in a doomed lesser-of-two-evil system barring some presently unforeseen radical changes that are going to happen for unpredictable reasons independent of any accelerationist strategizing.

Dewt

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on March 27, 2020, 03:36:26 AM
The Democrats are unspeakably terrible, but Trump is on the verge of killings hundreds of thousands of people because he doesn't believe in science and wants the stock market to go back up.
That's what the Democrats do, with better PR and no meaningful opposition to the left of them. It's politer but more effective.

Biden has seen what Trump is doing right now and saying "I wouldn't want to politicize this".

Urinal Cake

The election is long time away. Trump is flubbing his response  Biden just stays quiet. Cuomo acts like a hero.