Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,783
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NFL 2023

Started by DrGreggles, September 06, 2023, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

How long has the regular season been 17 games?

DrGreggles

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 07, 2024, 12:20:57 AMCouple of years

Checks out, that's probably about how often I watch a whole game that isn't the Superbowl.

dr beat

DrGreggles

Death, taxes, and Dallas shitting the playoffs.

Camp Tramp

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 15, 2024, 12:50:13 AMDeath, taxes, and Dallas shitting the playoffs.

...and we'll get more of the same next year.

Mr Eggs

Lets have a wank over the Detroit Lions.

Menu

Can someone explain what really happened to the Eagles? Was it purely the loss of defensive and offensive co-ordinators(is that right?) or was something else going on? How can good players play that well in November and that badly in January? Siriani didn't just become a bad coach overnight.

DrGreggles

Not sure the OC left mid-season, but the DC was given the boot when they were 10-1, then they lost 6 of the next 7.
I haven't heard a reason given for it, and Siriani wouldn't have pulled the trigger himself, but he looks like being the fall guy.
There will be plenty of takers for him.

Menu

Interesting, thank you. Felt like maybe Hurts had lost the dressing room a bit too? It's just very odd.

Old Thrashbarg

I don't think the Eagles were really playing that well at any point this season. They got wins, but they were scraping by mostly and didn't look anything like as good as the previous season.

DrGreggles

I've heard that a lot in the last few weeks.
May well be true, but I don't recall anyone saying it at 10-1. All the narrow wins were considered "clutch" then.

Gulftastic

I had to knock Sky Sports on the head for financial reasons so now rely on avoiding results and watching the YouTube highlights in the morning. This has tipped my algorithm to give me a lot more NFL content. My god, the Cowboys are taking an extraordinary amount of shit for their latest choke.

DrGreggles

Their YT content is great. 15-20 minutes of highlights from every match, chunks from the NFL network, and classic matches on Throwback.
The Premier League should take note.

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 22, 2024, 07:42:14 AMMy god, the Cowboys are taking an extraordinary amount of shit for their latest choke.

Hilarious innit

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 22, 2024, 07:23:51 AMI've heard that a lot in the last few weeks.
May well be true, but I don't recall anyone saying it at 10-1. All the narrow wins were considered "clutch" then.

I think at that point it was assumed they were playing below their usual standard and still managing to get results. The classic "sign of a good team". There were some good performances in there, but most were not. And eventually other teams started to take advantage.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Mr Eggs on January 21, 2024, 11:32:49 PMLets have a wank over the Detroit Lions.

I'll celebrate with a lion wank over a Detroit Style* piza from Little Caesars

*cooked over a burning car

monkfromhavana

I have done my usual with the NFL, I.E. watched 1 game and a half every Sunday for about 5 weeks, then just pack up and not watch anymore. Even more surprising given that the Lions (who have been my team for a long time due to my own personal rules) are winning, but I still can't muster up any enthusiasm to tune in.

The games just take too bastarding long and I'm not really interested in highlights.

Camp Tramp

I like Redzone, suits my low attention span.

DrGreggles

I have NFL Game Pass.
If you can handle avoiding the scores for a few hours (easily done for the late games) you can catchup in 4 ways:

-Full game (as broadcast)
-Full game (ads and HT removed)
-Extended highlights (40 mins)
-Highlights (about 15 mins)

Probably a bit late to be extolling its virtues now, but well worth grabbing next season.

BlodwynPig

Reckon this year will be the Dolphins year

Dex Sawash

Can you bet against Andy Reed living 2 more weeks?

DrGreggles

Ravens lost due to an offensive shit show

OH NO, WHAT A PITY, NEVER MIND #lolz

El Unicornio, mang

Can't wait for another 20 cutaways to Taylor Swift duringthe superbowl.

Also kind of sick of Mahomes with all these ads he's in selling car insurance and sub sandwiches. Will be heavily rooting for the Lions if they win this (looking likely).

Edit: or maybe not

Menu

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 28, 2024, 11:23:25 PMCan you bet against Andy Reed living 2 more weeks?

This is what I'm thinking all the time.

Menu

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on January 29, 2024, 01:02:05 AMCan't wait for another 20 cutaways to Taylor Swift duringthe superbowl.

Yeah she looks really irritating. I love how the mum always looks a bit pissed off with her being there.

Gulftastic

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 28, 2024, 11:51:37 PMRavens lost due to an offensive shit show

OH NO, WHAT A PITY, NEVER MIND #lolz

Those two penalties for smacking Mahomes in the mush were so bloody stupid. They weren't even trying to disguise.

DrGreggles

49ers vs Lions was an instant classic - possibly game of the season.

Gutted for the Lions (who most neutrals were rooting for) and Dan Campbell (who will probably get stick for those failed 4th down conversions), but realistically the 49ers have a stronger roster and have a better chance to beat the Swifties in the Superbowl.

And Christian McCaffrey should have been this season's MVP. He scores a TD literally EVERY game - it's like having a 7 point head start.

Camp Tramp

All the Head Coach moves should happen now that Baltimore and Detroit are out.

Baltimore will lose their DC, Detroit their OC.

Menu

I can feel Belichick's fume from here.

bgmnts

Absolutely baffled by weird online conspiracy nonsense about Taylor Swift and her relationship to a football player who's playing in the superbowl.

Comes across as though films, television and internet have warped people's perception of reality. Fun stuff!

Definitely will be giving Superbowl a watch next week.