Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:53:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The New Adventures Of Old Christine

Started by Ja'moke, December 16, 2006, 05:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Anybody seen this yet, new US Sitcom that started this year staring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, it's been getting great reviews, apparently Julia has finally broken the Seinfeld curse...I've only seen short clips on YouTube but it seems pretty funny.

Anyone seen full episodes?

Gavin

I gave up after about 12 episodes. Very forgettable. Lucky Louis was much better.

thewomb

It's about as good as Seinfeld if Seinfeld didn't have Jerry or George or Kramer.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Ja'moke

From the clips it doesn't look anywhere near as good as Curb, but it's a more traditional sitcom...laughter track, not much foul language...more like Seinfeld like somebody else said but without Jerry, George or Kramer..so yeah you might think it's shit...but I say stop trying to compare everything to Seinfeld because Seinfeld was an exceptionally great sitcom and it's hard to make something as good as that again. From what I've seen far of TNAOOC it seems alright, certaintly more jokes in it that any British sitcom out and about.

13 schoolyards

It got a brief run on Aussie TV around the middle of the year, fizzled in the ratings and was replaced by (more) episodes of Two And A Half Men.  Which is probably more a reflection on Aussie TV than the quality of the show.  From what I saw of it, it seemed perfectly watchable... just not all that funny.  Just your basic character comedy involving a character who wasn't particularly interesting.

rudi

QuoteI say stop trying to compare everything to Seinfeld because Seinfeld was an exceptionally great sitcom and it's hard to make something as good as that again

Don't let Lalla catch you saying that... :)