Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the name of the song from advert/film/program/etc?

Started by Huzzie, April 09, 2010, 05:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huzzie

Hi.

A song has been troubling me for around 15 years now. The song is everywhere, yet I am always alone when it is played. It's a very simple, slow song, yet no one recognises it when I whistle or hum it.

Hopefully I won't need to keep going up to strangers and humming at them for much longer, as I've just heard the song, or a version of it, on a new advert. The advert is for Dulux paint, if I remember right a thirty somethings man is babbling along about something or other and I seem to remember some footage of countryside.

Anyway, what's important is that the music is on the new Dulux ad, so can you please watch out for it and let me know if you know what the song is.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully this thread can continue to be used for the betterment of others.

P.s. For some reason the song to me sounds French. I may be thinking that cause I first heard it on a French film [EDIT: That isn't to say I did hear it on a French film. I'm just saying I might've done and that is why I think it sounds French now]. I think it starts with sparse strings and then is joined by a harmonica.
[EDIT: Oh! Most importantly... it's an instrumental!]

P.p.s. That thing (where your phone listens to a song and tells you what it is) didn't pick it up but that's probably because of gobshite yacking all over it.

EDIT: was going to suggest Boum by Charles Trenet, but you didn't say a man babbling in French....

This?

Stop Motion 2

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: Huzzie on April 09, 2010, 05:13:32 PM
Thanks in advance. Hopefully this thread can continue to be used for the betterment of others.

Ironically: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,5785.0.html

Can't help with the tune though, unfortunately.

Tokyo Sexwhale

I haven't seen the new Dulux ad - but I'm sure they used to use a version of "A Whiter Shade of Pale".

Or is that too obvious or well-known to be it?

Tokyo Sexwhale

Huzzie

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on April 09, 2010, 07:29:58 PM
Is it this?

http://www.dulux.co.uk/video/ad_garage_cinema.jsp

If so, it's "Midnight Cowboy" by John Barry

YES!! You win, Tokyo! You win!! (I do wish I had a prize for you)

Thanks for that. At last, I have a name (and it's a name I've even heard of before).

Thanks also to everyone else for trying, the effort is appreciated.

Seeing as there is apparently a similar thread to this, would anyone like me to change the topic to owt in particular? Tokyo, you can have first go, as your prize, if you want.

Thanks everyone!

P.s. Does it sound French, or is that just me (no, I don't sound French... you swine!)?

Pseudopath

Quote from: Huzzie on April 09, 2010, 07:33:44 PM
Thanks for that. At last, I have a name (and it's a name I've even heard of before).

Good film too.