Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:37:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Justice League film

Started by The Roofdog, March 05, 2013, 11:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjwilson

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on July 24, 2017, 09:46:20 AM
Because it has several different colours?

The use of the logos in the words, looks awful.

Glebe

Phil_A

Quote from: Glebe on July 24, 2017, 11:03:45 PM
'Justice League' Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (EXCLUSIVE).

Lot of money and wrangling going on to fix things up...

Instead of all that expense digitally removing Cavill's moustache, they should just cover it over with make-up like Cesar Romero did on Batman.

Custard

Or simply erase Cavill altogether

Glebe

Quote from: Phil_A on July 25, 2017, 09:48:24 AMInstead of all that expense digitally removing Cavill's moustache, they should just cover it over with make-up like Cesar Romero did on Batman.

Imaginary Karma.

Operty1

Can't they just shoot a scene where Superman grows a Super-tache, then no need to digitally erase.

It can't make him look any dafter.

Custard

He's been dead for a year, so he'd have a lovely big beard

Glebe

Jared Leto In Talks For 'Bloodshot' At Sony.

The name is familiar, but otherwise I'm not au fait with that character... anyhoo, Leto doing another superhero thing for another studio.

SteveDave

I like that the Mission Impossible people are being dicks about not having him shave and then just putting a fake 'tache on.

Hemulen

Quote from: Glebe on July 26, 2017, 11:50:52 AM

The name is familiar, but otherwise I'm not au fait with that character... anyhoo, Leto doing another superhero thing for another studio.

He's part of the Valiant Universe, which I'm a really big fan of (specifically, the 2012-present reboot, not so much the original 90s stuff). If this is true then he's atrociously miscast.

Mister Six

Quote from: Glebe on July 26, 2017, 11:50:52 AM

Oh good, a cinematic universe based around third-rate grimdark 90s comics. This is like having PTSD flashbacks that you're expected to pay for.

There's going to be a Spawn reboot within the next five years isn't there? With planned spinoffs for Sam & Twitch, Angela (depending on how that court case ended, I forget), that stupid evil clown thing...

And, just like all these planned cinematic universes that aren't Marvel, X-titles or DC, it'll fall on its arse because it's trying to force rushed, badly written, unappealing pablum onto the audience rather than trying to cultivate an audience's interest in something they might actually want to see.

Hemulen

Quote from: Mister Six on July 26, 2017, 01:10:07 PM
Oh good, a cinematic universe based around third-rate grimdark 90s comics. This is like having PTSD flashbacks that you're expected to pay for.

As probably the only person on this forum who actually reads modern Valiant, I feel duty bound to say that the current rebooted Valiant universe is full of colour, invention, creative storytelling and interesting characters. Very far removed from monotone 90's "edginess". My sincere hope is that this is the model the Sony Valiant films will be using for reference.

Obel

Quote from: SteveDave on July 26, 2017, 12:46:50 PM
I like that the Mission Impossible people are being dicks about not having him shave and then just putting a fake 'tache on.

Well you don't want to run the risk of having a Samurai Cop style situation.

Besides somebody online already resolved this to Cavill doesn't have to shave his stache:
https://youtu.be/nKXdTTBBkas

colacentral

This is how that Jeremy Irons scene will end:

"You said you'd come. Let's hope you're not too late... BOY WONDER."

Glebe

Ben Affleck: Justice League is 'an interesting product of two directors'.

Quote"This is a really nice time to work in DC. They're hitting their stride. They're getting it right. It's starting to feel like it's really working."

Dare I say that the critical response, alongside the massive financial success, of Wonder Woman has restored Affleck's faith in DC?

Justice League: Adjusting the Tone of the Cyborg Character Was Part of the Reshoots.

QuoteI think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark.

All the DCU movies from now on are going to have little Marvel-inspired light-hearted asides.

Check out Batman's massive Justice League plane, the Flying Fox.

Also, here's concept art of a Parademon!

Oh yeah, and I guess I'll put this here... one of Adam West's last roles (and featuring Shatner as Two-Face!):

Batman vs. Two-Face trailer.

Glebe

Operty1

This movie feels like it has been in production for decades.

Bored now.

Bhazor

Yeah, but its got Gal Gadot's legs in it. So the movie is a 6 out of 10 minimum.

Spiteface

Quote from: Mister Six on July 26, 2017, 01:10:07 PM

There's going to be a Spawn reboot within the next five years isn't there? With planned spinoffs for Sam & Twitch, Angela (depending on how that court case ended, I forget), that stupid evil clown thing...

And, just like all these planned cinematic universes that aren't Marvel, X-titles or DC, it'll fall on its arse because it's trying to force rushed, badly written, unappealing pablum onto the audience rather than trying to cultivate an audience's interest in something they might actually want to see.

The only non-Marvel Cinematic universe to me that feels like it works is the "Monsterverse" that Legendary is setting up with Godzilla and King Kong. The end goal is only Godzilla vs Kong in 2020, but they're doing it right, I feel.

Quote from: Operty1 on July 25, 2017, 05:27:25 PM
Can't they just shoot a scene where Superman grows a Super-tache, then no need to digitally erase.

It can't make him look any dafter.

I want them to not even bother explaining how in some scenes he has one, and doesn't in others.

kidsick5000

I don't know why they just don't start again from scratch.
(Unless that's what they're really doing)

Mister Six

Quote from: kidsick5000 on August 16, 2017, 10:47:46 PM

This is apparently going to involve Darkseid and his nasty New Gods.

If they had any nous they'd pilfer Grant Morrison's plot for Final Crisis and have it turn out that Darkseid has corrupted reality itself, so that none of the heroes are really responsible for their shitty behaviour.

Then when he's defeated go "Oh look Batman and Superman are goodies now" and push on like they just had a soft reboot.

Instead it'll be an incoherent load of shite with some Whedon quips slipped in here and there.

Kelvin

Quote from: kidsick5000 on August 16, 2017, 10:47:46 PM

Pride, basically. Pride and probably a fear that, even if they do reboot it, whatever the do instead will be just as unpopular.

Custard

Quote from: Spiteface on August 16, 2017, 08:00:27 PM
The only non-Marvel Cinematic universe to me that feels like it works is the "Monsterverse" that Legendary is setting up with Godzilla and King Kong. The end goal is only Godzilla vs Kong in 2020, but they're doing it right, I feel.

There's been talk of a Pacific Rim crossover too

Glebe

The Roofdog

They really seem to be bending over backwards to avoid having to ask Jared Leto back don't they

Blumf

FFS! Not only another fucking origin story, but the Joker's origin story!

Kelvin

They're now saying that this Joker film and the new Batman films are going to be out of their shared universe continuity.

I mean, that's great news - I hate what shared universes are doing to films - but honestly, it's hard not to hear this and wonder how Warner Bros could look any more panicked and rudderless at this point.

Custard

Yeah, how confusing is that gonna be to the casual viewer?

Still, hopefully there'll be a great book written about all this one day. Could call it 'How DC Titted It'

kidsick5000

Quote from: Shameless Custard on August 24, 2017, 12:39:09 AM
Yeah, how confusing is that gonna be to the casual viewer?

Still, hopefully there'll be a great book written about all this one day. Could call it 'How DC Titted It'

It's always been about nerves. Warners/DC spent decades second guessing themselves into inertia.

The truly bizarre thing is that they own everything! There's no rushing to produce or lose the ip. No negotiations to get a big character back from a rival studio. It's all theirs.