Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening to at the moment? (Not a list thread)

Started by Puce Moment, August 22, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltysnacks

Despite me recently rather rudely stating that King Crimson is sfc, I'm enjoying Red a lot.

NoSleep

Then try out Lark's Tongue In Aspic and Starless And Bible Black; they form a kind of trilogy that ends with Red (upon which the band folded for several years).

Rocket Surgery

saltysnacks

Quote from: NoSleep on June 05, 2018, 05:31:31 AM
Then try out Lark's Tongue In Aspic and Starless And Bible Black; they form a kind of trilogy that ends with Red (upon which the band folded for several years).

Definitely, thanks for the recs.

New Jack

Ketamine Sun by the Fall

So there. Nice song in the morning. Comes off as mainly orange to me.

Was a bit of Ultimate Spinach before that

Cuellar

Trying to 'get into' Kanye West.

Just tried 808s and Heartbreak. Fucking hell 'Say You Will' is a bold opening track.

In the sense that it's 6 minutes long and boring as fuck.

Neomod

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on June 04, 2018, 10:47:36 AM

Discovered this yesterday.
Beautiful Sunday afternoon music.

I'd definitely recommend Carbon Glacier if you haven't heard it.

phantom_power

Laura Veirs is great. Such a beautiful voice and great tunes. Through December is a cracker, as is Secret Someones

holyzombiejesus

Really enjoyed listening to the last Fridge album today. Not really listened to it for years but it sounded so good. Made me wonder what happened to Adem. Didn't like his solo stuff at all but he was quite hotly tipped at one time, wasn't he?

Psmith

Whiskey in the Jar

A lot of people have done this but Thin Lizzy is my fav

https://youtu.be/wyQ-tScuzwM

Artie Fufkin

Crabwalk

A couple of recent releases that I'm really digging:

Paul White - Rejuvenate

Woozy beats and infectious melodies from Danny Brown's main producer. Really strong and varied from front to back. The cover is really off-putting but it's a cracker.

All around
Ice Cream Man

--------------------

And mentioned elsewhere but worth repeating, for any Italo fans a fantastic album was released a couple of weeks ago by Nu Guinea called Nuova Napoli. Really brilliant Neapolitan Italo Disco that I can't recommend highly enough:

Stann Fore
Je Vulesse
Ddoje Facce

saltysnacks

This absolute beauty, going to have to binge listen their entire discography after this.

hedgehog90

I'd recommend you check out their CBGB performance on YouTube if you haven't already.
The rest of their discography doesn't really compare imo, I Against I is alright though.

saltysnacks

Quote from: hedgehog90 on June 07, 2018, 08:05:52 PM
I'd recommend you check out their CBGB performance on YouTube if you haven't already.
The rest of their discography doesn't really compare imo, I Against I is alright though.

Cheers, will do.

Psmith

Neville Chamberlain

It was Saturday night, the wife was out, the boy was asleep, and I'd just made myself a nice cup of tea, so what better choice of music than...

New Jack

Ferris

Painfully funky. Very good, heartily recommend.

Edit: fucking hell this is good