Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are you listening to at the moment? (Not a list thread)

Started by Puce Moment, August 22, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

New Jack

Just random Raymond Scott as I drink merlot in the sun. 'Just a Gigolo' right now

His tunes, 'Street Corner in Paris', 'Egyptian Barn Dance', 'Twilight in Turkey' and especially 'The Toy Trumpet' are as evocative as the titles suggest

Shaky

Quote from: New Jack on August 02, 2018, 05:41:57 PM
Just random Raymond Scott as I drink merlot in the sun. 'Just a Gigolo' right now

His tunes, 'Street Corner in Paris', 'Egyptian Barn Dance', 'Twilight in Turkey' and especially 'The Toy Trumpet' are as evocative as the titles suggest

Heh, I had to google to see if that was a real song! Sounds very Partridgian.

Been listening to some lovely Japanese jazz from the Kosuke Mine Quartet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGLg_d_0UDE

Artie Fufkin

Just received my 180g vinyl copy of Genesis' Nursery Crymes. One of my all time faves. So will be listening to that VERY shortly.

chveik

Head Gardener

Cuellar

DukeDeMondo

I got on well enough with this the first time or two I heard it, but the close to "Close To You" sort of "In My Dreams" and "Your Teeth In My Neck" were the only two tracks that I really fell properly stinking sick in love with. The former despite the fact it's got Damon Albarn on. Total number of songs with Damon Albarn on that I actually like to listen to now floating about the "6" or thereabouts.

Anyway over time the rest of it started falling into place too, and it's steadily creeping up away on up my BEST 2018 EVER FUCKING EVER '18 OK.

It's good.

Ferris

New Jack

1-Speed Bike, specifically "Seattle/Washington/Prague 00/68 Chicago/Nixon/Reagan Circle-Fighting Machine" blending into "Yuppie Restaurant-Goers Beware Because This Song is For the Dishwasher"

it's fuckin beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEj4x9PFMY

And also a bit of Hangedup cause I love the mix of violins and fast drums

alan nagsworth

just woke up from a hangover nap

currently listening to very loud clashing music from two of my housemates - obnoxiously shit garage djing from one down the hall, and the same four bar loop of some bass heavy pop-dubstep the guy below me is producing. both similar bpm but totally out of sync

think i'm going to blow my fucking brains out shortly

DrGreggles

Been delving into some late 60s Dutch psychedelic rock* and mid 70s New Jersey funk** so far today.
A weird mix, but I'm in a weird mood.

*early Shocking Blue
**peak Kool & the Gang

easytarget

On the strong recommendation of the Riot Act podcast (which I've heard of part of one episode because it features Andy Cairns - these lads seem nice enough and really metal,hardcore and alt-rock noises) I'm partway through listening to this EP - The Mountain of Gold by URNE : https://open.spotify.com/album/3GjTfxR3hohTxKnueUGqv1 (only partway through this 24 minute EP because the iceream shop I needed to walk to this evening is far too close to my house - yeah, where's my medal for suffering?) really good. Very metal.  The right mix  of screaming and clean vocals, clever modern "space", smart "I'm really fucking good at guitar" shredding and tight galloping riffs. Could make you love the whole genre again.

Artie Fufkin

Butchers Blind

A collaboration between John Brodeur and powerpop master Jason Falkner.
https://youtu.be/aeYwS0h7axo

hedgehog90

Philip Glass - Einstein On The Beach

Spaceship (2012 live performance) / Spaceship (1979 recorded version) / Spaceship (1976 recorded version)

I was only familiar with the 1979 recording until recently.
The visuals from the 2012 performance (above) are great.

Cuellar

I was amazed at how moving I found Einstein on the Beach (just listening to it even).

chveik

New Jack

Had a really fucking bad day so I've just stuck on Spotify's Goa Trance playlist and I hope it does something for me