Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,800
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:07:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What are the best Android apps and games

Started by madhair60, December 05, 2014, 09:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I have a new phone and it can actually run shit so what are the best games and that I can play while I'm having a poo or at a boring funeral.  useful apps also.

kittens

hit mango
hitman go

i've been playing 'retry' which is a fun tap the screen plane flies avoid walls game, but it's not shit like they usually are. also it gets really hard and you like really hard things dont you

also get 'rubble n strafe'. made by forum user lazarou, given me hours of plane tapping fun. i just realised this is also a plane tapping game but on this one you drop bombs and shoot men, and it is also not shit like they usually are

there you go

madhair60

Cheers.  What do you do in Hit Mango?  I know that's not its real name, but it is now.

kittens

you make the hit man go along the lines and kill the guards. it's good fun. i've only had it for a couple of days but i really like it, it makes me feel smart once i work out a level completely. costs like 3 quid but in my opinion it's worth it baby

Consignia

Is one of the objectives of Hitman Go to kill models of sex workers? If so, I want the game banned.

kittens

it's not mentioned in the game but i assume those fat bald men in blue coats are sex workers

Consignia

Joy Nktonga

I really enjoy and waste a lot of idle time on Stair Dismount and now its bigger, beefier brother Turbo Dismount. Excellent chucking a crash-test-dummy/crash-test-dummy-in-a-car fun. Aim for maximum destruction and damage for full enjoyment.

Johnny Textface

'Perfect Kick' !!!! Online penalty taking game with power-ups and stuff - I love it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Do you like football?

No?

Well definitely play management game Football Chairman where the whole point is that you can't control results and the sheer sport itself is just this unseen background event while you arrange the clubs finances, sponsorship and wage bill, the real fun.

Or just play Piano Tiles like everyone else- I mean it is the most short-term addictive thing based on a level of simplicity that is almost cheapening as a human being to derive any enjoyment from.

madhair60

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 05, 2014, 01:38:16 PM
Well definitely play management game Football Chairman where the whole point is that you can't control results and the sheer sport itself is just this unseen background event while you arrange the clubs finances, sponsorship and wage bill, the real fun.

FUCK OFF SPREADSHEET SIMHEALTH DOING WORK AT HOME FOR FUN CUNT nah just ragging you (to fuck) mate i'll give it a look, cheers

Consignia

I recommend Candy Crush Saga. It's got all those IAP that kits live these days.

Lord Mandrake

Space agency is lasting me well. Monument valley was fun and Paperama.

Joy Nktonga

Plague Inc. is a decent strategy game where the goal is to wipe out humanity. It's easy to pick up and you can have loads of fun just naming your viruses etc before you've even started. "Justin Bieber has destroyed the human race" lol.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

It's not all fun and games when Justin Bieber fails to wipe out the human race.

For fans of Breaking Bad, there's Clicking Bad. A complete pointless waste of time but you can leave it running until you're a meth super villain.

imitationleather

Accupedo has a funny name *and* makes you guilty for not walking enough. Two birds and one stone, mate.

Football Chairman is good but I found that it suffers from the same thing as Football Manager where once you do too well suddenly the game makes your team shit and there is nothing you can do. Going from winning the Premier League and Champions League in one season to 7th and out of all the cups in the first round made me sitting in my bed playing with my phone make me feel like maybe I wasn't a real football chairman after all.

Jerzy Bondov

Football Chairman can fuck off. Fucking fans.

Custard

As for apps, I'd say Tapatalk is an absolute must for Android (and iphone) verbwhores

Read the board wherever you blinkin' are, with a nice clear easy to navigate interface

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_GB

kittens

i'm using tapatalk right now and i'm next to a river on a ramble

kittens

just showing the versatility of tapatalk there

Custard

Thursday

Monument Valley

If you ever played psn game Echocrome, it's a little bit like that.

Talulah, really!

Vitalstatistix

Replacing iPod classic with the phone as my primary portable music player. The default music player on the Samsung's OK but there must be better ones. I notice that foobar haven't got their's off the ground yet. Any recommendations?

Paaaaul

Poweramp is an excellent Android music player. Very customisable.

kittens

oh lads - rayman jungle run and rayman fiesta run. i got rayman jungle run for 10p on sale. might still be on sale. they are fun lads, lads they are fun, lads, they are fun lads

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: thehungerartist on December 06, 2014, 05:29:18 PM
QuizUp

Superbuzzer is another good quiz one, first to the buzzer questions against other people. It's good cos you can trash talk while you play.

For puzzle games, the Quell games are brilliant and should all be cheap/free by now. More relaxing than stressful unlike Two Dots which is also good but a pain in the arse at times. Only having 5 lives that need to regenerate every 15 minutes doesn't help matters.