Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,800
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:12:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good Old Games distribute more LucasArts games

Started by Ignatius_S, January 20, 2015, 03:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

Thread for the first releases: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44866.0

Now for the new stuff:

QuoteToday, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:

Star Wars™: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: X-Wing Alliance™ - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™ Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
Star Wars™: Dark Forces
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
http://www.gog.com/news/lucasfilm_on_gogcom_wave_ii_starts_now

garbed_attic

Coo! I always wanted to play Dark Forces as a lad.

Does it have an evil octopus in it? For some reason this is what I have always believed.

monolith

Quote from: gout_pony on January 20, 2015, 07:31:14 PM

Does it have an evil octopus in it? For some reason this is what I have always believed.
It does. Scared the fucking shit out of me as a kid.

FredNurke

It also has one of the best video game guns ever - when you get it out, it takes up about 1/3 of the screen! And then you can't see a fucking thing and you get twatted. Well worth it though.

Ignatius_S

Three more added:

QuoteStar Wars™: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™ Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™ Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

Rebellion is meant to be very poor, I believe.

Pdine

Quote from: gout_pony on January 20, 2015, 07:31:14 PM

I remember that as the game which had the insane requirements of 8MB of RAM.

Did someone say on the TIE Fighter release thread that they might re-create the multiplayer aspects of games like X-Wing vs TIE Fighter? I'll buy it if they do that. TIE Fighter didn't really work with a controller + keyboard, and I expect that game would have the same issue. Need a joystick but they all seem so shit these days.