Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,786
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sexiest computers

Started by BPFHAY, February 05, 2015, 07:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAGATRON

Blumf

Filth! Cover that up! (it's not even page 3 of the thread)

madhair60

Maje 'spec for the Master System love in this thread.

Maje 'spec.

madhair60

biggytitbo

madhair60

Blumf

Am I the only one who prefers the blue swirl to the Jap orange one?

Quote from: madhair60 on February 06, 2015, 01:45:27 PM

Blue skies forever!

Consignia

I prefer the Blue Swirl. Orange and Dreamcast just seem wrong to me.

I'm not sure I think of the Dreamcast as sexy. More prim and proper, respectable like.

PAGATRON

BPFHAY

glitch

You're all mental except for madhair and blumf.

Oh and

Spiteface

Quote from: madhair60 on February 06, 2015, 11:25:11 AM
I nominate

It was cool that the Neo Geo X Gold handheld had a docking station shaped like one of these works of art. Sadly the cartridge slot on it wasn't where the console plugged in, which would have been awesome. That was the least of the issues with the Neo Geo X Gold though...

Spiral King

Japanese Mega Drive supremacy:

mobias

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 06, 2015, 12:35:53 PM

The G4 Cube is still the best looking computer Apple ever made. They've become so utterly boring and conservative since then. I guess to keep manufacturing costs down in their enormous supply chains. Compare the Cube to its drab looking spiritual successor the Mac Mini.

The sun flower iMac was the last interesting looking computer to come from them.

Blumf

Quote from: mobias on February 06, 2015, 11:08:13 PM
The G4 Cube is still the best looking computer Apple ever made. They've become so utterly boring and conservative since then.

Really?

Not sure if it'd count as sexy (think I'd like a transparent case, see the circuit boards, phwooor), but it's hardly conservative.

iMacs are dull though

BPFHAY

The way the graphic card would burn in a musty imprint of itself behind the big expensive screen wasn't particularly sexy, either.

biggytitbo

I think apples current minimalist industrial design is pretty nice though. G4 cube aside, certainly the best their stuff has ever looked.

mobias

Quote from: Blumf on February 06, 2015, 11:31:14 PM
Really?

Its interesting right enough but it still looks like a waste paper bin.

Has that Mac Pro sold well? I can't say I've ever seen one in use. I used to see the old Mac Pro's all over the place. 

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 07, 2015, 08:06:09 AM
I think apples current minimalist industrial design is pretty nice though. G4 cube aside, certainly the best their stuff has ever looked.

I think the iMac needs a slight make over. Its basically looked the same since 2007. Its just got thinner and thinner.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 05, 2015, 08:45:33 PM
The PS2 is probably the best looking isnt it? So cooly understated and unfussy, and doesnt look like a space toilet - 

Was it the first games console that was designed to look like a proper home entertainment thing, rather than a games machine? I'd say it was a bit on the fussy side, what with the corrugated edges and the overhanging upper half. The XBone seems to have come the closest to looking like your average consumer electronics kind of design.

What's with consoles being made of plastic? Even cheap DVD players have metal cases.

Consignia

For the opposite of sexy, look at the result of someone trying to give the limited edition PS4 a vajazzle:

I think the PS4 limited edition looked crap as it was, but that? Bloody Nora...

pigamus

I spent most of 1989 using this at school. A beautiful thing. I still want one.

Blumf

The Master showed you meant business though.

Hypodeemic Nerdle

Quote from: pigamus on February 07, 2015, 04:17:54 PM

I can almost smell it warming up. Looks more avuncular than sexy though.
Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, re: the PS2 on February 07, 2015, 03:14:58 PM
I'd say it was a bit on the fussy side, what with the corrugated edges and the overhanging upper half.
And it's the wrong way up.

PAGATRON

QDRPHNC

Quote from: monkfromhavana on February 05, 2015, 10:58:53 PM
(Huge PC Engine picture)

Yes! I had one of these. Great times.

Good, good times.

BPFHAY

The Beebs were wonderful. Not sexy, but very... commanding. Beige and brown has never been more exciting also an owl.

syntaxerror

I couldn't help but notice your avatar was Pod for a while.

Pod can
Spoiler alert
pop
[close]
Pod can
Spoiler alert
run
[close]
Pod can
Spoiler alert
sex
[close]