Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:06:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dark Souls Remastered

Started by The Boston Crab, May 25, 2018, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
After all these years I never had you pegged as good at anything but here we are. You've reached Anor Londo without breaking sweat. Bravo.

biggytitbo

Difficulty wise similar to Jet Set Willy imo.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 19, 2018, 09:48:38 PM
Beginning to think this game is a bit to easy tbh.

O&S next. You lucky man. Boss fights don't get much better than that.

robotam

More "Let's Play"s should be done like this.

brat-sampson

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 19, 2018, 09:48:38 PM
Beat the iron golem, Anor Londo is pretty. Beginning to think this game is a bit to easy tbh.

Whelp, looking forward to how this turns out.

biggytitbo

I currently keep falling off the beams of the roof in the Church. This whole bit reminds me a lot of the first God of War.

Paaaaul

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 20, 2018, 08:10:21 PM
I currently keep falling off the beams of the roof in the Church. This whole bit reminds me a lot of the first God of War.
That's the calm before the storm there. Enjoy it.
I reckon your next boss fight is probably the hardest in the game.

Remember who you're talking about here. This guy just waltzed through Sen's like it was the fuckin Wacky Warehouse.

biggytitbo

Anor Londo is definetly harder than Sens fortress, the big metal knights are not a good match for my strategy of running in with a massive axe and no shield and just twatting everything, but I'm farting about on the buttresses with those little pink dragon bastards now. Will carry on tomorrow.

Swoz_MK

Peg it past them, then meet Jeffrey Archer.

biggytitbo

Hmmm these archers are indeed 'interesting', I'm going to need a new strategy to get past them I think, I'm getting nowhere near them at the moment.

Shittest moment for me, too random, but what follows is gold.

biggytitbo

Not sure what to do, if I rush him I get killed, if I use a shield he knocks me off the ledge. I have no arrows left so unless I trek back thousands of miles I guess ill just need to get lucky.

You have to ignore left, go right, roll under his arrow, have a precarious fight and get lucky. If you have a massive fuck off shield you used to be able to block and he'd bounce off the edge but I found that didn't work with my recent build on Remastered.

Swoz_MK

Never bothered with painted World on original release so tried it last night. Piss. And I can't even warp out.

gmoney

I loved the Painted World! It was one of my favourite bits. I think I went there after getting repeatedly arse paddled by Ornstein and Smough for about 2 days, so it was a nice little respite. It's a good place to grind for souls if that's your thing.

Swoz_MK

Aye it has been! Especially that little cluster of blobmen. Get a decent 12k per run.
I think I'm just a little lost, opened shortcut and got rid of old big purple. It was super late though. Will crack on tonight then get Catacombs and Drake's out the way.

gmoney

I think there's quite an annoying bit where you have to find a switch underground, that can be a pain in the arse, I'd forgotten about that.

biggytitbo

Got past the annoying archers and am now lost in the big castle place. Got a load of gnarly armour now from a hidden room so feel like a bit of a hard bastard.

You're Doctor Hardbody. Massive respect for you for the first time ever.

biggytitbo

So these two gits you're meant to fight, whats the best strategy, try to get the little one first?

falafel

Yes.

Edit: unless reasons which Bosto can probably explain, I can't remember, and probably don't make a difference to you in your first run through anyway.

biggytitbo

Had a few goes at them and I reckon I can do it if I don't keep getting stuck on the camera/scenary, the enemy lock is a bit flaky isn't it? That's my main gripe with the game tbh, that and the lack of a pause button.

The bosses in this aren't as hard as Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, those bastards where rock hard.

Some prefer one over the other. I would usually do Ornstein first.

The joke here is that you don't know their names.

The thin fast one.

gmoney

I think I did the fat one first, however it took me about 5 days and a lot of stress so it might be advised to do the opposite. This is the only moment (I say moment..) in the game where I genuinely thought I wouldn't be able to get past it. It's a fuckabout.

biggytitbo

Annoying when you kill one of cannon and ball they don't stay dead. Are they the only bosses that respawn in the game?

They share the soul power so you've not truly killed either.

biggytitbo

Well I killed the little one, so that's a start.

biggytitbo

I see him more as a very sneaky Ronnie Corbett. Is it worth bothering with the two big fuck off knights in the room before BTW? I've just been running past them so far.