Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Meow

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, October 01, 2010, 01:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artemis

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

To respond to the tag below, this is not ironic animal whimsy. I sincerely like to say meow. It is attention-seeking, partly, yes, but came mainly out of boredom and an extreme love for cats. And for meow.

The Germans call it miau.

The Swedish call it mjau.

Some British call it miaow.

The Japanese call it nya. But though they might be correct about electronics and the extraordinary range of things a vending machine can be used for, they are wrong about this. It's mjau.

thepuffpastryhangman

The brothers - there's pictures of them in the snow somewhere on here - have entirely different miaows. The silver one has a constant, high-pitched whiny 'mao mao mao' and does it for attention, and as a morning call to serve breakfast. The more aloof white and black one 'talks', with a wide range of noises, often incorporating a 'wowl, woowl' type sound.
The older, unrelated one,(also pictured somewhere hereabouts) does that 'talking' thing but not in the same 'i've just got in, listen to what I've been up to' manner as described above, but in a chatty, trivial way, polite conversation en route to a meal style.
They all have desperate 'waiting for their bowls to be lowered' meyalps too.

Miaows eh?

Cerys

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

vrailaine

I remember some story we had to read in primary school where some cats started saying "miaow" backwards, I got punished for not being able to say it, that was kinda odd.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Zero Gravitas

"woaim".

What's so hard about that?
You were punished because it's so plain to see that you were faking inability to cause unrest.

Small Man Big Horse

vrailaine

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on October 03, 2010, 01:16:48 AM
"woaim".

What's so hard about that?
You were punished because it's so plain to see that you were faking inability to cause unrest.
I was saying "wo-aim", she told us to say "wo-eem".

Zero Gravitas

oh, she just hated you in that case.

the midnight watch baboon

Ooooh me bladdy ow

Treguard of Dunshelm

neveragain

not screaming like his passengers