Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Got a Nintendo DS in 2024

Started by Ferris, January 10, 2024, 04:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Never played Ghost Trick. I could get it on DS or Switch, is the Switch version worth da upgrade?

madhair60

Any version is good but it feels designed for the touch screen so I'd advise DS

bgmnts

Just coming in to say 999 and Ghost Trick are essential and amazing.

Ace Attorney is obviously really fun at times as well.

lazyhour

This cunt tried again with Ghost Trick yet

Midas

I downloaded Ghost Trick because of this thread, then booted up Animal Crossing and started pulling weeds instead

lazyhour

Cook'd and Bomb'd is frankly over

katzenjammer

Finished Ghost Trick last night. Lovely stuff.  The DS just seems like a great concept, there's something about the dual screens and using a stylus on the touchscreen that really appeals to me. It's a shame there isn't a modern take on it.

Sonny_Jim

It's certainly a nice idea, being able to draw on your game to interact with the characters.  Kirby Canvas Curse does this well but I felt the gimmick wore off pretty quick.

Also shoutout to Scribblenauts, the only game (that I know of) where you can summon up a Large Hadron Collider and nullify existance.

NoSleep

Radiant Historia is one of the best RPGs on any platform ever.

Space Invaders Extreme is Minteresque (I think Mr Yak might have actually had a hand in it).

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is actually very good, game-wise, even if its story is not up there with FFT.

Age of Empires: Age Of Kings is not an RTS, but a TRPG, and rather good.

madhair60

Minter only worked on the Xbox Live Arcade version (and maybe the PC port by extension?) but the DS game (and sequel!) are still bangers even yak-less.