Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

He says that Pope Ted is nothing to do with trans people but I bet Twitter gets a mention. He is too obsessed not to. If he had his way, the whole show would be littered with Twitter gags.

QuoteTed: Ah feck, I accidentally liked Father Dick Byrne's message on Twitter.
Dougal: What's Twitter, Ted? Isn't that what birds do? I like birds, Ted.
Ted: You're such an eejit, Dougal. How can you not know what Twitter is?
Dougal: Is it like a sparrow? Or is it one of those big birds like Ostriches. They scare me.
Ted: Look Dougal, I'll show you. Twitter is the future of public discourse. But not just that, you can also private message people too. I'll just send a message here to Father Larry Duff.

Cut to Father Larry Duff walking on a tightrope. His phone vibrates in his pocket causing him to lose balance and fall.

Dougal: So you send that message and he will see it and can send a message back?
Ted: See, you're getting it now, Dougal. It's amazing. Father Humphrey Simmonds did an entire mass on Twitter last week.
Dougal: Where does the sparrow come into it, Ted?
Ted: There is no sparrow, Dougal.
Jack: FECK OFF TWITTER
Dougal: What's up with Jack?
Ted: Oh, he's just annoyed that he's been banned from Twitter again.

If you reading, Glinner, you can have that scene for your shitty little musical that will never be made. Ah ha ha.

ishantbekeepingit

Oh, and another one, an interview with... some guy, who has an IJN flag on his ceiling.  Lots of bizarre comparisons to religion, like saying trans people are the new Moloch while also making fun of the Satanic Panic.
He also says that Oprah's TV show was like her own Twitter before Twitter.  It really is all he thinks about.

retsuza

Quote from: damien on May 27, 2022, 06:27:51 PMInteresting that the date for the great awakening is officially set for five years from now.

He has mentioned the five year thing before. He's going to keep mentioning it like a rolling timeline. Zero self awareness to realise he is doing it either.

Off the top of my head when they had the only ever Messguest who wasn't coocoo bananas, Aaron for that skeptic debate, the Mess hosts all agreed that in five years this whole thing will be turned around and they'll be vindicated and there will be hundreds and thousands of detransitioners.

Elfking

Those are some concerning flags to have on your ceiling. Especially the one on the left.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on May 27, 2022, 07:20:37 PMOh, and another one, an interview with... some guy, who has an IJN flag on his ceiling.  Lots of bizarre comparisons to religion, like saying trans people are the new Moloch while also making fun of the Satanic Panic.
He also says that Oprah's TV show was like her own Twitter before Twitter.  It really is all he thinks about.

Oh, it's a Wehraboo! Not a nice flag to have on your ceiling (although it's still in use .. But still I'd not have a massive iron cross on my ceiling even though its in still in use.)

It's a friend of WAF of course. Weird-ass people.

somersetchris

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on May 27, 2022, 07:35:25 PMGuy who called his band R*peman too woke for Glinner.

Who realised he was wrong and changed his outlook, when what he really should have done was double down and tank his career.

retsuza

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on May 27, 2022, 08:53:52 PMOh, it's a Wehraboo! Not a nice flag to have on your ceiling (although it's still in use .. But still I'd not have a massive iron cross on my ceiling even though its in still in use.)

It's a friend of WAF of course. Weird-ass people.

It's great because even someone with no context to the goings on of Glinner can see him interview a guy who has a load of flags in his room and instantly think this is very weird hang on...

And on a more closer inspection those flags are red flags

Graham talks about five years from now and interviews a cunt who uses a flag Japan replaced in 1945

Cold Meat Platter

Reckon the flags right above his head that we can't see will be worse.

jobotic

Why is he chatting with far-right male nonces? I thought he was protecting women?

mtpromises

This has been a very triggering day for any Bananahead that's a history buff.

frajer

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on May 27, 2022, 07:20:37 PMHe also says that Oprah's TV show was like her own Twitter before Twitter.  It really is all he thinks about.

He really is just a completely irrelevant pub bore who aggressively can't understand why everyone else is so wrong.

Perma-pissed and banging on about how the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs were an early form of Twitter and that makes Elon Musk a pharaoh, actually.

PlanktonSideburns

That still image of the fucked off looking hemmaroid dude with his big racist flags is making me chuckle

A perfect image of a twat of the internet, Bannanus Horriblus must have been gutted when he turned his zoom on to that

Dr Rock

A frightening thing about Linehan is his 'they (other celebs mostly) know I'm right. But are too cowardly to speak out.'

It's a proper delusion, to not accept that other people see things differently. The absolutely certainty of a cunt gone bananas.

Cold Meat Platter

"You don't have anything from the Allied side?"

"No, no. That sort of thing wouldn't interest me at all."

FalknerHinton

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on May 27, 2022, 06:43:45 PMNew Bananacast:
Nothing really new, apart from alleged approaches from "financiers" and "a West End theatre".  Plenty of the usual egomania, though.

I'm no NLP expert, but even I know that when people lie they tend to look up and to the left. Which BC does an awful lot in that video. Because he's full of shit.

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 27, 2022, 10:22:26 PMA frightening thing about Linehan is his 'they (other celebs mostly) know I'm right. But are too cowardly to speak out.'

It's a proper delusion, to not accept that other people see things differently. The absolutely certainty of a cunt gone bananas.

Yeah, he mentions in that video that he thinks "every side" has a right to be heard in "this debate", but he seems to think that that means they have to agree with him, or he's somehow not being heard.

Hat Trick, and all your old friends heard you Graham, and their opinion is that you've gone bananas and they want nothing to do with you. That's their side of "this debate" which, according to you, they're entitled to. You hypocritical bellend.

idunnosomename

this is fucking horrifying and shows the right-wing press really going on the bananas assault

however in the real world I know more trans people and parents with trans kids than I do TERFS (the latter: NONE) so I know it's just nasty propaganda in the end

jobotic

Fucking vile.

Pleased to say I know families with non-binary children whose schools have been a lot more understanding then fucking Braverman and Murdoch would like.

Elfking

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 27, 2022, 11:08:59 PMhaving any flags on your ceiling is a bit sus tbh

We have a trans flag and a bi flag on our wall. Not all flags were created equal!

Why am I not surprised to see Suella Braverman being a ghoul. She's our MP down here and a thoroughly detestable Tory.

Kankurette

Fareham, right? And yes, she's fucking awful. Accepting trans kids is 'pandering' now. Sound familiar?

Dr Rock

QuoteIn March 2019, Braverman stated in a speech for the Bruges Group that "[a]s Conservatives, we are engaged in a battle against Cultural Marxism". Journalists present at the event included Dawn Foster who challenged Braverman's use of the term "cultural Marxism", highlighting its anti-Semitic history and its connection to the manifesto of the mass murderer Anders Breivik. Braverman responded, "Yes, I do believe that we are in a fight against cultural Marxism. We have a culture evolving from the far left which is about snuffing out freedom of speech."[41] Her use of the term was condemned as hate speech by other MPs, the Board of Deputies of British Jews and the anti-racist organisation Hope Not Hate, among other anti-racist charities. Braverman denied that the term was an antisemitic trope, saying, "We have culture evolving from the far left which has allowed the snuffing out of freedom of speech, freedom of thought. [...] I'm very aware of that ongoing creep of cultural Marxism, which has come from Jeremy Corbyn.

Nutter.

Elfking

Yeah, I'm in Fareham. She's awful but since this seat is so ridiculously safe for the Tories we're stuck with her until she decides not to be an MP any more. The hope and expectation is that in 2023 or 2024 she at least won't be the Attorney-General anymore.

Twit 2

Ffs, "cultural Marxism" is a meaningless phrase, especially when parroted by these idiots who know nothing of either Marxism or culture. "Far left" can fuck off too. "They're extremely left wing...they want to be really nice to people!" I find the abuse of language and the utter vacuousness of their thought nearly as offensive as the behaviour it ends up enabling.

shoulders

Braverman is possibly the stupidest person to ever be the Attorney General and it is frightening that she is qualified in law on any level. I think I'd be more inclined to entrust the scales of justice to a yak.

Dr Rock

What are some examples of Jeremy Corbyn attempting to snuff out freedom of thought?

phantom_power

Most media is right wing and owned by billionaires but culture is drive by the far left, sure.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 28, 2022, 07:39:49 AM"They're extremely left wing...they want to be really nice to people!"
If it makes you feel better, this made me lol.  There is of course a 'far left', but you are correct, generally the further left you go the more it's about everybody being equal.  They latch onto 'kill freedom of speech' thing (even though it's grossly mischaracterised) as it's one of the few negative attributes you can apply.  But doesn't freedom of speech also not mean the far left can say what they want?  Aaaaaah.

And this bears repeating again:

Rowling Lunch.