Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:03:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Joe Frank

Started by clingfilm portent, January 03, 2024, 02:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
6ish years ago someone here posted a link to Bad Karma and my life was changed forever.
It was less than 'oh cool this is where Morris took a large part of his inspiration for Blue Jam' and more 'this is one of the best things I've heard'.
All these years later I'm still listening to Somewhere Out There, The Other Side and Work In Progress.
I don't think anyone else in the medium of radio has made me feel less alone in this bizarre world - in spite of the enormous gulf between our shared life experiences.
His work speaks to me on a level I wish more things would...
Any other fans?
Any stories?
I only wish I'd arrived at his work earlier so I could have emailed him before his death.

Oosp

Oh hell yes. Absolutely love Joe Frank. Radio work is of course great but I am nuts about his TV stuff.

This thread could just as easily go in Comedy Chat or Picture Box

Petey Pate

Quote from: clingfilm portent on January 03, 2024, 02:57:10 AM6ish years ago someone here posted a link to Bad Karma and my life was changed forever.

That may have been me. I'm also a fan, he was one of the most talented and unique broadcasters, who really used the medium of radio to its full potential. That said, there's still much of his work I've still not heard.

This YouTube channel is probably a good starting point for those unfamiliar.

https://www.youtube.com/@JoeFrankOfficial

As well clearly influencing Chris Morris' monologues in Blue Jam, a Joe Frank radio show was also the basis for Martin Scorsese's film After Hours.