Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:53:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Songs you utterly fucking hate

Started by kalowski, January 26, 2024, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassygnome

Quote from: famethrowa on January 29, 2024, 09:45:26 PMSo well put thank you. It's how cold and unwelcoming her songs are, lots of I, me, my in everything (or spitting venom at an unspecified "you"). Also when I hear her songs I can literally see the MIDI piano track on a computer screen, quantized to buggery, everything compressed and squashed into what's "correct". People rag on poor old Lennon for Imagine, yes his piano playing sucks but at least there's a bit of heart there, it doesn't sound like a pianola rolling around.
AKA Adele hell.

Lordofthefiles

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: famethrowa on January 27, 2024, 02:04:45 AMI never really heard much early Bruce when I was growing up, so I didn't realise how many songs from this time were influenced by Bruce

Love him or hate him, his audience is so much better than last week's.

Mr Farenheit

Theme song from Sons Of Anarchy.

'My beautiful son'(or boy?) song from the last Pinocchio movie. I couldnt watch the rest of it after that.

'Out the light' by Phyllis Dillon. Arguably a good song but I hated the pervy little 5 year old wanting to fuck his mother in whats supposed to be an endearingly funny way.

Any song that you dont like will be turned into a song you hate the moment there's a key change.

Retinend

Quote from: Cuellar on January 26, 2024, 11:46:59 PMTaxman by Beatles

Yeah, it sucks. Their worst opening track. Even if the vocals and guitar tone weren't grating enough, the lyrics are utterly miserable and "pity me." I know that they were getting taxed to the hilt at that point, but it's not like they weren't able to buy everything they wanted to buy.

LordMorgan

Quote from: Retinend on January 30, 2024, 10:16:34 AMYeah, it sucks. Their worst opening track. Even if the vocals and guitar tone weren't grating enough, the lyrics are utterly miserable and "pity me." I know that they were getting taxed to the hilt at that point, but it's not like they weren't able to buy everything they wanted to buy.
But, but......THE BASS LINE !!!!

Retinend

poodlefaker

Taxman might be the most exciting piece of Tory pop culture.

Jockice

Quote from: poodlefaker on January 30, 2024, 07:55:06 PMTaxman might be the most exciting piece of Tory pop culture.

It would be a start.

Catalogue Trousers

Black Eyed Boy by Texas. Fucking SHITE.

PaulTMA

See this thread in another three weeks then

PaulTMA

Quote from: PaulTMA on January 26, 2024, 11:40:50 PMYeah stuff like Mr Writer that you never even hear any more and that anti Beatles incel says his one thing

"his one thing"

Mate.

Every time one of these threads starts I think "When's PaulTMA going to appear and do his usual post?" And yep there he is, Page 1. The most monotonously clockwork shitposter of all time.

Kankurette

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on January 31, 2024, 11:45:32 PMBlack Eyed Boy by Texas. Fucking SHITE.

Texas are just shit by by their entire concept. Everything about them is aimed at crap mediocrity that convinces cunts that they're 'proper musicians' who make sensitive meaningful music.

dex

Kevin Lyttle's Turn Me On is effete crap.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on February 02, 2024, 04:22:57 AMTexas are just shit by by their entire concept. Everything about them is aimed at crap mediocrity that convinces cunts that they're 'proper musicians' who make sensitive meaningful music.

That entire mid-nineties comeback entirely off the back of Chris Evans wanting to shag Sharleen Spiteri and everyone just going along with it like it was normal.