Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonkers

I only told you not to go out the bloody doors!!

idunnosomename

i feel so bad making fun of this but i keep creasing up over it

ironically his Frank Spencer is the best? his eyes are the same shape as Boris Johnson's which helps him there

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

No one's mentioned his uncannily accurate Ozzy Osbourne yet.

" Sharon? I Need my * does action indicative of taking cocaine, then just actually starts shouting DRUGS*....DRUGS! I NEED MY DRUGS!.....Sharon?"

Arguably another twofer deal, you could also say there's a bit of Charlie Chuck in there, as well.

non capisco

Joorin the war we didn't 'ave drugs, Sharon...hehehehehehehehehe

peteprodge

While this isn't an unauthorised dining experience, it is a piece of ludicrously awful fan fiction based on the UK's favourite cheeky conmen of Peckham.

https://www.ofah.net/blog/dels-red-nose/

It contains one actual joke, and that's being very very charitable.

Fambo Number Mive

There are quite a few fan scripts on there as well.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: peteprodge on December 07, 2021, 11:40:44 AMWhile this isn't an unauthorised dining experience, it is a piece of ludicrously awful fan fiction based on the UK's favourite cheeky conmen of Peckham.

https://www.ofah.net/blog/dels-red-nose/

It contains one actual joke, and that's being very very charitable.

In fairness it's better than most of my HS Art contributions.

idunnosomename

seems that his "Albert singing Yellow Submarine for no reason" is part of a whole panoply of characters singing Beatles songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEcOtdVXrA

again worth sticking with to Mr Bean and his giant teddy imo

(his opening joke, which I admit took me several seconds to get, is making the reference to "posh" because Bibendum are a luxury wine wholesaler in London. so why they seem to have a party in the dingiest looking hotel function room I've ever seen watching this bellend I'm not sure. their staff must be aware they usually work with higher-end events than this)

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 07, 2021, 04:22:57 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEcOtdVXrA

Why does his Victor Meldrew sound like a deaf Jamaican?

idunnosomename

because he can only maintain a voice when he's saying one word over and over

"me Julie"
"cushty cushty lubbly jubbly"
"SHARON!!! SHARON!!! SHARON"
"TEDDY!!!!"

because Victor is singing lyrics about his willy(?) which is nothing like even a cartoon version of Victor, it does indeed sound a bit like Grim in Billy and Mandy

Fambo Number Mive

imitationleather

I honestly feel a bit sorry for this guy.

What name does he post on her under?

Fambo Number Mive

You have to admire how he's managed to make money out of his impressions.

idunnosomename

if I was at that Beatles songs set I'd be laughing as much as anybody else in the audience. whatever works I suppose

ironically, in a way, a bit like Tony Angelino

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 07, 2021, 04:22:57 PMseems that his "Albert singing Yellow Submarine for no reason" is part of a whole panoply of characters singing Beatles songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDEcOtdVXrA

(his opening joke, which I admit took me several seconds to get, is making the reference to "posh" because Bibendum are a luxury wine wholesaler in London. so why they seem to have a party in the dingiest looking hotel function room I've ever seen watching this bellend I'm not sure. their staff must be aware they usually work with higher-end events than this)
The empty seats increase as the "show" goes on

Ferris

Cuellar

It's somehow worse when he comes out of character

Glebe

I'd love to see a Trainspotting experience where Begbie gatecrashes your wedding.

Maybe his whole career is based around being booked at events where people are already too inebriated to notice how bad his impressions are by the time he's started.

Glebe

He should have found out the groom's middle name and had a bit of fun with that.

badaids

I particularly like how he makes his act completely about him, to the point he goes around afterwards recording himself asking people if they enjoyed it.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yer man's 66 now, y'know. Wonder if he's got himself a nice little earner of a pension scheme?
At least three of his impressions all use slight variations on the same voice ( Del Boy, Frank Spencer and Alan Carr- I watched that Eggheads clip).

idunnosomename

that gate crash video was seven years ago. which is basically the same age as this thread. is he in the outfit in the first post? which by the way, is the Spanish Hall, Blackpool Winter Gardens

god still doing that "what's your name?" "I'll call you tomorrow" joke

bomb_dog

I love this thread. In the absence of more 'little and large', it's the gift that keeps giving.

Is doing second-hand impressions that are funny worse than doing good impressions that aren't? I've enjoyed the clips throughout though not perhaps in the way they were intended.

purlieu

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on December 05, 2021, 11:45:39 PMAlso Victor Meldrew, with his famous catchphrase "DON'T BELIEVE OT!"
I can't stop thinking about this. It's actually a reasonable impression for the most part - the live video earlier, featuring him muttering "in the name of sanity," shows he's got a reasonable knowledge of the source material - but the clip ending with him yelling "DON'T BELIEVE OT!" is just a wonderful derailing of any authenticity.

idunnosomename

he really dials up the camp aspects of Richard Wilson's performance so high they're distracting though. Which Richard Wilson never did. what an actor and great bunch of lads he is

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 07, 2021, 05:03:55 PMYou can have "Del Boy" gatecrash your wedding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yni0bHbgSEc

I actually think his Del Boy's pretty good, technically. Not looking like him is a distraction, but he does the tics and nervous confidence quite well, and the voice is convincing if you close your minces. It's not like he's on TV or anything.

Twonty Gostelow

idunnosomename

yeah it works better on stage than it does to camera. I think if anything this guy can work an audience, even if he has incredibly limited material. certainly he's not a chancer, especially when he's being doing it best part of a decade.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That Del Boy *is* pretty good, I dare say it's because he's from roughly the same area as David Jason. It's his equivalent of Jon Culshaw's Tom Baker impression. Unfortunately, also a la Culshaw, the strength of this impression is somewhat overshadowed by several impressions that are what one might describe as not so good.
That Victor Meldrew impression is also passable, but, as other posters have pointed out, having the character sing about erectile dysfunction is not the way to go with it.