Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch: Thread 2: The Drift

Started by madhair60, September 05, 2019, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are you a Switch Bitch

Yes
48 (60.8%)
No
6 (7.6%)
Raoul Moat
25 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

GoblinAhFuckScary

came here to say that i got doom and OH MY GOD THE SWITCHES CONTROLS ARE HORRRRIBLE FOR THIS

falafel

I still hate the joycon for pretty much all purposes, even with a grip. It feels like they are designed for the tiniest hands in the world. They are utterly terrible
Still love the Switch, mind. One thing I would be after if they did a version 2 would be better controllers. The Pro controller is fine.

Chedney Honks

The Hori Split Pad hasn't left my Switch since I got it a couple of years ago. Gave away my Joycons. Never need them again.

This is the first console I've owned in over a decade. I don't mind the shortage of new games, as I've been playing decent ports of older titles I missed at the time. The line up of must-buy exclusives is pretty weak though, after you've finished Breath of the Wild.

Chedney Honks

Only took you ten years for the worst take ever.

Kelvin

Yeah, thats crazy. Switch has the best line up of Nintendo published games in decades. Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening Remake, Luigi's Mansion 3, Smash Ultimate, Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Astral Chain, Splatoon 2, not to mention a list of Wii U ports roughly as long.

Those games are nearly all the best, or among the best, in their respective series.

popcorn

madhair60

Jeez guys, glad to hear I'm wrong. Hope I am, in fact. Intending to buy Xenoblade, once I'm finished Final Fantasy 12.

madhair60

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 03, 2021, 11:04:28 PM
Jeez guys, glad to hear I'm wrong. Hope I am, in fact. Intending to buy Xenoblade, once I'm finished Final Fantasy 12.

You're not wrong, the nintendo stans on here are very loud and very rude. There are a handful of really great games on the Switch but it's mostly been a disappointment to me. Then again if you like RPGs (you clearly do) you'll probably be alright.

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on March 03, 2021, 11:27:39 PM
You're not wrong, the nintendo stans on here are very loud and very rude.

Oh give over. Bosto's doing his schtick, and I don't think anything I've written above is particularly rude. Stick up for your argument if your disagree with us, there's no malice or genuine aggression on our side.

Chedney Honks

I barely play games any more, but I know all the Switch exclusives I enjoyed for the first few years. There are loads, albeit nothing like BotW.

If you want more big adventure stuff, sell the Switch and get a PlayStation. You'll be spoilt for choice, with a lot of other brilliant exclusives.

madhair60 you don't need to curate your posts this isn't twitter

Jerzy Bondov

I like this forum the most when it's needlessly antagonistic and feel like there's always affection behind it. Well there is on my part anyway. Fuck you if not.

A lot of my enjoyment of the Switch has come from Wii U ports (Captain FUCKING Toad) but I didn't have a Wii U so that's fine by me. I've rinsed the arse out of Captain Toad. I'd buy a Switch 2 on day one if it had Captain Toad 2.

falafel

And when you open the box you will see it contains not a dead cat but a double entendre about anal sex.

madhair60

Kelvin and Bosto once DMd me tag team death threats because I called Xenoblade "moribund: definitive edition".

peanutbutter

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on March 04, 2021, 09:20:51 AM
I like this forum the most when it's needlessly antagonistic and feel like there's always affection behind it. Well there is on my part anyway. Fuck you if not.

A lot of my enjoyment of the Switch has come from Wii U ports (Captain FUCKING Toad) but I didn't have a Wii U so that's fine by me. I've rinsed the arse out of Captain Toad. I'd buy a Switch 2 on day one if it had Captain Toad 2.
Could've just gotten a 3ds for your captain toad fix

GoblinAhFuckScary

Chedney Honks

Quote from: madhair60 on March 04, 2021, 02:10:52 PM
Kelvin and Bosto once DMd me tag team death threats because I called Xenoblade "moribund: definitive edition".

Do you mean all the 'Your gonna get fucking x, y and z...' messages?

I swear down, that was sexting.

Consignia

The "Pro" looks to be the same power, which is a bit of a shame because Bowsers's Fury really struggles on current hardware.

Jerzy Bondov

Yes it's really noticeable when you go from normal 3D World to Bowser's Fury. Still great but it would be greater if it were a bit more smooth. Also the change to Odyssey style camera for Bowser's Fury tricks me into thinking I can triple jump

Quote from: Consignia on March 04, 2021, 03:53:02 PM
The "Pro" looks to be the same power, which is a bit of a shame because Bowsers's Fury really struggles on current hardware.

That's not my understanding of it. If it's going to run at 4K docked, it'll have to be beefier than the current model, even if it does use DLSS to get to that resolution.

Pink Gregory

I was worried about getting one with a new upgrade looming on the horizon, but it's perhaps fortunate that it went this way.  Don't think I'd notice a nicer screen at this point.

petercussing

Can i use the opportunity to threaten you all in this thread regardless of opinion of the switch? Nothing will save you. Can you feel it? (The old reverse EPMD there)

I just finished my first game of Fire Embolism 3 Houseses. God damn that's a jammin' game! I was aching for turn based stategic combat and i gots it. Can't wait to play a + game with a different house and the DLC, but i wanna play Jumpman 3d/Bruiser Furry very much and this game chomps up time.

I heart the old Switch and also like playing all the WiiU games as i, like everyone, didn't play any and am deeply unaware of what came out on it. I ad no idea about that Capt Toad game which i will get.

Also intrigued by Captain Toad, remember it being described on here as 'vent tier' but just saw a video clip and it looks really charming.

What's the CAB consensus? Chud or a gem?

Jerzy Bondov

It's an absolute gem in my opinion. Aside from a few optional challenges it's not going to tax anybody too much, but it's just such a pleasure to work your way around the lovely little diorama levels. My 3 year old was obsessed with it for a while and we still go back to it from time to time even though we've done everything more than once. The 2 player is nice, you can either control a pointer and fire turnips to help out, or control a second Toad. Perfect for the kids because they can hide in a bubble when it gets a bit Billy Ocean[nb]ie when the going gets tough[/nb]. The Switch version also has a few extra levels inspired by Mario Odyssey and they're great.

Consignia

I like it, and that's literally the only opinion you need.

But seriously, it's fun little puzzle game which takes a simple concept and really runs with it. I think there's a demo, which is worth checking out to get a feel for it.

Beagle 2

Oooh I did not know it was 2 player. Always looking for games to play with my lad (also 3) and this sounds just the ticket.

I assume it's a thousand billion pounds and I also want new Mario so I guess that's me remortgaging and heading over to the concealing purchases from your partner thread.