Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pubs seem to think they're re-opening

Started by Rev+, June 13, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 18, 2021, 01:47:54 PM
been invited to the pub on saturday night. a great opportunity to make new friends as i have few living close by.

but the pub on a saturday night? won't it be rammed full of folk?

swithering over whether to accept or not. if i had had at least one jab I'd be more inclined to say yes...

are you lot just going to the pub like everything's fine?

depends on the pub but yeah, first saturday night open i would have thought it would be rammed

if you can wait a week or 2 it would probably be warm enough to sit outside

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 18, 2021, 01:47:54 PM
been invited to the pub on saturday night. a great opportunity to make new friends as i have few living close by.

but the pub on a saturday night? won't it be rammed full of folk?

Pubs are still table service only so it'll more likely be lots of waiting in lines. And the June 21st date looks like it might not be happening anymore with the Indian variant wreaking havoc so probably a while before we see rammed pubs.

Blinder Data

the pub in question is about two hundred years old so it's pretty cramped. I could easily imagine that, despite booking systems and table service, a load of locals could come steaming in and crowd the place out.

i think i'll peek through the windows on Friday evening to see what it's like.

COVID's the worst. now i'm anxious about being in a busy pub. China - you've got a lot to answer for!

BlodwynPig

Imitation and myself in an indian tonight. Adios

El Unicornio, mang

BlodwynPig

SpiderChrist

Bumped into a mate while out strolling at lunchtime - he's suggested we meet up for a pint next week in a beer garden. I said yes but by the time I got home I was frantic with anxiety about the whole idea.

amateur

Been to four pubs this week and they've all been quiet, well staffed and a great place to be.

Two more pubs tomorrow. Give me the pubs, all of them.

Blue Jam

Went to my usual pub yesterday and had a nice quiet read and a couple of beers. Also got my dog fix after I found that it now has not just one but TWO working cocker spangles frequenting the place. One of the regulars got a working cocker spangle puppy after meeting the first one and apparently thought "That dog? The most bouncy, energetic, mental dog in the world? Yeah, I'd like one of those for myself".

It's fucking great.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Surely you want a pub dog that is happy sitting or slowly mooching, not one that develops neuroses and goes stir crazy when something isn't almost constantly happening.

BlodwynPig

frajer

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 21, 2021, 09:00:24 AM
Surely you want a pub dog that is happy sitting or slowly mooching, not one that develops neuroses and goes stir crazy when something isn't almost constantly happening.

The spangles aren't resident pub dogs, they belong to patrons and visit regularly.

The pub had two resident dogs belonging to two different members of staff and both were nice and calm and much more suited to the job of Pub Dog. Both died over lockdown though :'(

Fr.Bigley

Went to a nice boozer in ilkley on Monday, again, dog fix (8 week old working collie), pies n peas, a proper cask bitter (like it used to be, not some odious twat calling it DDH RUBY IPA) and a vanilla slice...washed down with a dose of glorious sunshine.

BlodwynPig

Fr.Bigley

Most certainly was. Date day for the lass and I.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 21, 2021, 10:44:17 AM
Went to a nice boozer in ilkley on Monday, again, dog fix (8 week old working collie), pies n peas, a proper cask bitter (like it used to be, not some odious twat calling it DDH RUBY IPA) and a vanilla slice...washed down with a dose of glorious sunshine.

Awwww lovely. Sat in a pub right now, enjoying a post-werk pint and reading my Kindle. Just like in the good old days. Oh gawd I've missed this. All I need now is another dog fix, might pop to my regular pub on the way home to see if they've got any of the daft furry bastards bouncing around.

Twit 2

Had a pint or three this afternoon in Tory central, Norfolk. This travesty was in the bogs:

bgmnts

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 21, 2021, 09:00:24 AM
Pubs with cats are better, but the ideal pub dog just lies there looking like it's died

Ferris

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 22, 2021, 08:57:17 PM
Had a pint or three this afternoon in Tory central, Norfolk. This travesty was in the bogs:

The absolute state of that.

Blue Jam

No-one had drawn a spunking cock'n'balls on BoJo's forehead? Time to find a new local.

frajer

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 22, 2021, 08:57:17 PM

"Man never drank a Duff in his life."

Rich Uncle Skeleton

I hope the pub burns to the fucking ground.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Back in The Star in bath,  missed it a lot but all the old staff appear to be gone. I wasn't some Cheers-esque regular having my name yelled when I walked in but its still weird seeing no familiar faces at all

No pub dog but patted a big chunky black cat on the way so good enough.

Twit 2

Heh, there was a pub cat there, funnily enough.

Kankurette

I want to squirt period blood all over Johnson's smug idiot face.

Pranet

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on May 22, 2021, 10:36:15 PM
Back in The Star in bath,  missed it a lot but all the old staff appear to be gone. I wasn't some Cheers-esque regular having my name yelled when I walked in but its still weird seeing no familiar faces at all

No pub dog but patted a big chunky black cat on the way so good enough.

Is the landlord still the Al Murray lookalike?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pranet on May 23, 2021, 08:04:36 AM
Is the landlord still the Al Murray lookalike?

No she's a big chunky black cat now

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Twit2 has failed if he didn't deface that poster then gas its creators. Horror show. I am getting stickers printed in preparedness for such an encounter. Filth, self-loathing grovelling shit.