Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bullseye Christmas Special 1990.

Started by Brundle-Fly, December 14, 2020, 12:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Not gettin' all Peter Kay on yo' ass here, but this is glorious.

Merry Xmas x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_emwdkMWs

DrGreggles

1990?! Bloody hell...
Thought Bully was chopz in the 80s.

Brundle-Fly

"THAT'S A BULLSEYE!"

It is like watching vapour.

Brundle-Fly

Chriddof

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Could this thread still be going strong eight years later, one is moved to wonder?

Glebe

Right now I'm not sure I can sit through it, but I know it'll grow on me like an album that doesn't immediately grab you then grows on you and becomes your favourite album ever. Then it'll turn into CaB's next L&L thread, reaching about a quarter of a million views and with Bowen becoming the main CaB figurehead.

[FAKE EDIT]Okay so I've actually watched it (nice and short)... smashing!

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on December 14, 2020, 01:21:40 AMBobby Davro!
To be fair, that is the best Bruce Forsyth I've ever seen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_emwdkMWs&t=132s

WTF? That weird glitch is incredible, his Brucie chinning turns into a sort of weird, puppet crocodile!

Bella Emberg!

"Stop it, you're squashing my bendy bully." Y'filthy beggar, Jim!

Paul Shane! ("You banged, M'lord?")

Fuck me, Davro's Bowen impression is awful. You'll need more than specs and a fake forehead, mate.

Only three digits on the scoreboards so 1000 looks like it goes back to 000!

Eric Bristow giving Emberg an unwanted kiss there.

Should really have watched this with a snifter of two of brandy. In any case, Merry Christmas everyone!

Ebenezer Bowen, yesterday.

Brundle-Fly

Paul Shane as Tiny Tim reminds me of the lead character in The Human Centipede 2. (2011). He looks like a killer.

petril

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 14, 2020, 04:06:56 PM
Paul Shane as Tiny Tim reminds me of the lead character in The Human Centipede 2. (2011). He looks like a killer.

it takes some going for anyone else to go on Bullseye and be thought of as "the killer"

Captain Z

Quote from: Glebe on December 14, 2020, 08:35:07 AM
WTF? That weird glitch is incredible, his Brucie chinning turns into a sort of weird, puppet crocodile!

Glebe

That's absolutely going to be my next avatar. Should be everyone's avatar.

lankyguy95

You've got that pinned down now so I'll briefly switch to a different Davro-themed avi.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: lankyguy95 on December 14, 2020, 09:37:46 PM
You've got that pinned down now so I'll briefly switch to a different Davro-themed avi.

I dreamt about that last night. Imagine your face hitting that cold studio floor with such impact? Still gives me the shivers.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: petrilTanaka on December 14, 2020, 05:51:55 PM
it takes some going for anyone else to go on Bullseye and be thought of as "the killer"

Ha! Brilliant.

lankyguy95

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 14, 2020, 11:22:51 PM
I dreamt about that last night. Imagine your face hitting that cold studio floor with such impact? Still gives me the shivers.
Poor guy couldn't do a thing. A genuinely horrifying moment.

And yet...

Glebe

At least Syd put a bit more effort into his Bowen!

Jim missed a trick by not saying "You can't beat a bit of Bobby!" And it still works with Davro in character because 'Bob' Crachitt.

Quote from: lankyguy95 on December 14, 2020, 09:37:46 PMYou've got that pinned down now so I'll briefly switch to a different Davro-themed avi.

No, go ahead lanky... I'll be keeping me Nigel and Hans up to Christmas anyway, can't hog all the new tasty gifs!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That Cliff Richard song thing goes on for over eight fucking minutes, complete with thoroughly straight rendition of " From A Distance" at the end.
When that Mutant Ninja Turtle delivers a pizza to Eddie singing his Phantom Of The Opera song ( the Turtles being very in vogue in '91) it's like an eerily prescient Light Entertainment  harbinger of the kind of " humour" those cunts who do "Date Movie" and " Meet The Spartans" and shite like that deal in.

Glebe

Didn't know Davro's father was a famous runner.

According to Wiki, Davs appeared on a show called Your Face Sounds Familiar, doing Ozzy Osbourne performing 'Paranoid' and Paul McCartney... can only find a clip of his Macca, but here he is 'effin' and jeffin' (and dribblin', ffs) as Oz plugging a guitar brand:

Ozzy Osbourne & Vigier Guitars.

And as much as I love the late, great Paul McShane... his Bullseye appearance isn't actually the worst thing he's ever done.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: petrilTanaka on December 14, 2020, 05:51:55 PM

lets not forget John Cooper 'The Gameshow Killer' who actually appeared on Bully...

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/12/detectives-caught-gameshow-serial-killer-reveal-exact-moment-bullseye-helped-get-man-7709457/

According to the article he was on the show in the midst of his killing spree.

Twonty Gostelow

I assumed that was what petrilTanaka was referring to in the first place.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on December 16, 2020, 09:31:08 AM
I assumed that was what petrilTanaka was referring to in the first place.

Thought that too, so props to the Tanaka Man for prompting me to post the reminder.

Also just discovered there is a drama doco in the pipeline on this very subject.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-01-20/welsh-hollywood-actor-luke-evans-to-star-in-new-itv-drama-about-the-bullseye-killer-john-cooper

Who is gonna play Jimbo? Reckon it really has to be Michael Sheen OBE.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on December 16, 2020, 09:38:04 AM
Who is gonna play Jimbo? Reckon it really has to be Michael Sheen OBE.

Keith Allen plays him and it's already been filmed.

lankyguy95

Allen plays John Cooper, which is odd because I'd put money on him having at least matched Cooper's tally.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: lankyguy95 on December 16, 2020, 09:57:28 AM
Allen plays John Cooper, which is odd because I'd put money on him having at least matched Cooper's tally.

Sorry, I misread and thought that's who Tony meant, Sheen being Welsh.

Sonny_Jim

Excellent moment where the scoreboard 'breaks' and they have to hold up handwritten signs.

Quote from: Glebe on December 16, 2020, 05:19:17 AM
Didn't know Davro's father was a famous runner.

Davro's a very keen runner himself and you'll often see him running on the promenade between Bournemouth and Sandbanks if you spend enough time there. My sister's seen him running with his top off during the height of summer and reckons that she'd fancy him "if I didn't know he was Bobby Davro."

Brundle-Fly

This recent Bobby Davro charity turn seems like a parody or a Phoenix Nights turn. There is even the Gervaisian awkwardness with the woman in the wheelchair. BTW Norman Collier wants his mic routine back. Warning: Desolation. Racism etc

This is a tough gig though and the sad thing is, Davro is undoubtedly talented, a good mimic but never had great judgment or taste when it came to his material.  He also did too many impressions of other people's characters or personas: Dame Edna, Basil Fawlty, Victor Meldrew, Joan Collins Fan Club, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1O6LF8MyU

Glebe

Michael Barrymore's Fawlty was a big part of his early stage persona.

He bantered fairly non-patronisingly to 'the woman in the wheelchair' at the start there, but "You can't walk anywhere, you're in chair!" during The Proclaimers song was a bit 'mate...". Then sitting on her lap, "That's my wallet by the way..."

Fuck me, Chinese 'accent' in the year 2019.

His Trump impression sounded more like Bob Geldof.

I think he'd been touring with Jim Davidson in recent times, they were interviewed together on something a while back.