Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rumour Patel wants to bring back death penalty

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 27, 2020, 05:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: JamesTC on December 28, 2020, 10:41:28 PM
I like Nicolas Cage and boiled eggs. Am I right-wing?

I bet your favourite film is Face/Oeuf ...you big nazi.

Kankurette

Quote from: Zetetic on December 28, 2020, 10:42:56 PM
What?
I mean gentiles act like it's a really nasty slur on a par with the n-word or something. Which is why I stick with 'gentile' when talking to people I don't know, because I've had the 'goy is a slur' argument more times than I would like.

And no, Jews do not all go round murdering Palestinians.

chveik

Quote from: Kankurette on December 28, 2020, 11:16:42 PM
It's not about thinking we're better than other people.

This is why I hate Burchill, she just reinforces the stereotype that Jews are all rabid Zionists who murder Palestinian babies for fun. I've never even been to Israel and have no intention of going there, and I'm in JFJP, is that enough of a Good Jew card for me to play?

I didn't say you were. just trying to imagine a hypothetical case where it could be a slur.

Jittlebags

Who would win in a fist fight? Priti Patel or Liz Truss ?

evilcommiedictator

Look the first person to be put to death should be the person who wrote this garbage

Jittlebags

Has he paid anyone to duff up a journalist yet?

Buelligan

I mean gentiles act like it's a really nasty slur on a par with the n-word or something. Which is why I stick with 'gentile' when talking to people I don't know, because I've had the 'goy is a slur' argument more times than I would like.

And no, Jews do not all go round murdering Palestinians.

No one is attacking you.  The Cunt, Julie Burchill, used an IMO unpleasant word to cause pain and division, we don't need to allow her to achieve that.  Let's live in peace.

Zetetic

I mean gentiles act like it's a really nasty slur on a par with the n-word or something. Which is why I stick with 'gentile' when talking to people I don't know, .
I do quite enjoy the implication that there's a limited degree of nastiness that you'd be happy to convey to people you don't know.

(This isn't ironic or intended as a wind-up. I appreciate it comes from an uncharitable interpretation of what you've written, and I don't seriously understand it in that way.)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Lads for fuck's sake are we really, in the predominantly Christian British Isles/Continent of Europe, debating the "offensiveness" of a Jewish person using the word "goy"?

Grab a hold of yourselves.

Zetetic

For what it's worth, we were apparently discussing it's force in the mouth of someone who's not Jewish, the (predominantly Christian?) Julie Burchill.

Kankurette

Quote from: Zetetic on December 28, 2020, 11:35:43 PM
I do quite enjoy the implication that there's a limited degree of nastiness that you'd be happy to convey to people you don't know.

(This isn't ironic or intended as a wind-up. I appreciate it comes from an uncharitable interpretation of what you've written, and I don't seriously understand it in that way.)
Yeah, that's not fair and it's not what I meant. My Jewish friends and I often use 'goy' or 'goyim'. My non-Jewish friends don't think I'm looking down my nose at them and they know I don't hate gentiles. Judaism is not about superiority, despite what Burchill thinks. Nor is it about hating Muslims. What she's doing is dangerous.

Same reason why I wouldn't use 'cunt' in American spaces. And as I said, Burchill isn't Jewish and I doubt she ever will be.

Dex Sawash

I'm SK8R GOI on another forum[nb]not really, just thought of it[/nb]

Quote from: JamesTC on December 28, 2020, 10:41:28 PM
I like Nicolas Cage and boiled eggs. Am I right-wing?

I like Clint Eastwood and meat pies, which I think makes me even more right wing for you, because they're no. 1 in those categories.

Having said that, liking Richard Littlejohn almost certainly would make someone right wing, amongst other character defects.  You couldn't make it up.

pigamus

Fuck Rumour Patel, first the diddakoi thing and now this

Captain Z

Quote from: Aaron500 on December 27, 2020, 08:06:35 PM
Under the fabulous, glorious Brexit deal what are brave Boris sorted out, we are still bound by ECHR rules, and one of those human rights is the right to not be murdered by the state. So it's a non-starter.

So, essentially, this means that the Germans have beaten us on death penalties.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Kankurette on December 28, 2020, 10:26:29 PM
Yeah, gentiles get touchy about being called 'goyim'.

The Gentile Touchy with Jill Gasgoyim.

Menu

I'd love for us to be able to ignore Priti Patel but we can't because she's (somehow)Home Secretary. We sure as fuck can ignore Julie fucking Burchill though.

Ignore her! She wants you to be angry because that's how she makes money. Ignore her.

Kankurette

I really should know better than to give her attention, I know. It's just a sore point because she's just reinforcing loads of negative stereotypes of Jews and equating Judaism with Israel worship.

idunnosomename

this is the most i've heard about Julie Burchill in a good twenty years

Menu

Quote from: Kankurette on December 29, 2020, 01:09:38 AM
I really should know better than to give her attention, I know. It's just a sore point because she's just reinforcing loads of negative stereotypes of Jews and equating Judaism with Israel worship.

I understand, but she'd do it less if nobody took any notice.

Menu

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 29, 2020, 01:17:43 AM
this is the most i've heard about Julie Burchill in a good twenty years

She's got a book coming out.

Kankurette

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Menu on December 29, 2020, 01:22:11 AM
I understand, but she'd do it less if nobody took any notice.

Being a clone I have no flaws to identify
Even this doggerel that pours from my pen
Has just been written by another twenty
Telepathic Julie Burchills

Word for word it says
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a
Guardian columnist"

Priti's android replica is playing up again
It's no joke
When she comes she moans another's name
But that's the spirit of the age, that's the
Spirit of the age

Buelligan

Quote from: Kankurette on December 28, 2020, 11:44:26 PM
My Jewish friends and I often use 'goy' or 'goyim'. My non-Jewish friends don't think I'm looking down my nose at them and they know I don't hate gentiles. Judaism is not about superiority, despite what Burchill thinks. Nor is it about hating Muslims. What she's doing is dangerous.

Ask yourself, next time you consider using the word, what job it is doing, that's all I ask.  I agree with you wholeheartedly about Burchill, she's an appalling dangerous idiot.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Kankurette

Quote from: Buelligan on December 29, 2020, 09:43:21 AM
Ask yourself, next time you consider using the word, what job it is doing, that's all I ask.  I agree with you wholeheartedly about Burchill, she's an appalling dangerous idiot.
I've been told 'gentile' is problematic and 'non-Jew' is othering so whatever the fuck I call people who aren't Jewish, I can't win.

Burchill has no business using our language as an insult.

Buelligan

Maybe we don't need to win?  I dunno.  Consider the moments when we want to talk about non-muslims, non-buddhists, non-christians, surely in those same circumstances a similar dilemma is presented?  It seems pretty easy to use non-whatevs if a distinction really needs to be made.

pigamus