Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GVIINNER: cunt's gone bananas

Started by madhair60, December 27, 2020, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 29, 2020, 03:19:05 PM
Ooops, I've turned off replies.

Drat, I was going to ask you the Staniland question. Plan foiled.

mr. logic

In that mad song, 'Helen asks her question' sounds like a Stewart Lee routine. Her question.

idunnosomename

that's a placeholder for a sample of the LADY HERSELF delivering the question itself

C_Larence

genuinely dreamt last night that my parents asked me the staniland question

JaDanketies

Quote from: C_Larence on December 29, 2020, 04:48:56 PM
genuinely dreamt last night that my parents asked me the staniland question

He's trying to create his own version of the Staniland Question now, called 'Is Eddie Izzard a lesbian?'

To which the only appropriate answer is, "who gives a shit."

Links to kiwifarms in the comments, always a signifier that you're on the "right side of history"

JamesTC

I still don't actually know what the Staniland question is. I like to imagine it is like those questions you ask robots to make them blow up.

stonkers

Quote from: GlincelNow there are many people who have not taken a view on this matter, and with good reason--Matthew Holness has just suffered several days of harassment simply because trans rights activists thought he and I were mates--but anyone who has placed their bet, anyone who has smeared the LGB Alliance and JK Rowling and myself and others as bigots and worse, they need to answer the question, and they need to answer it with a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

Wonder why they thought you were mates Graham.

bigfatheart

Quote from: JamesTC on December 29, 2020, 05:20:15 PM
I still don't actually know what the Staniland question is. I like to imagine it is like those questions you ask robots to make them blow up.

Apparently it is

QuoteDo you believe that male-sexed people should have the right to to undress and shower in a communal changing room with teenage girls?

Amazed it doesn't have its own Wikipedia page yet. It's the question on everybody's lips, or it would be, if our government and our media weren't in the pocket of the all-powerful trans lobby.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 29, 2020, 05:00:08 PM
He's trying to create his own version of the Staniland Question now, called 'Is Eddie Izzard a lesbian?'

To which the only appropriate answer is, "who gives a shit."

He's just bitter that Eddie's still got a career writing comedy, and she's one of Britain's most respected comedians.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Request to kill the Glinner orchidectomy discourse permanently please

Jumblegraws

Quote from: bigfatheart on December 29, 2020, 05:33:30 PM
Amazed it doesn't have its own Wikipedia page yet. It's the question on everybody's lips, or it would be, if our government and our media weren't in the pocket of the all-powerful trans lobby.
I'd be surprised if he hasn't been trying to get his terf journalist mates to mention it to build it up to Wikipedia's notability criteria.

Zetetic

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on December 29, 2020, 05:57:09 PM

I can't really see how it adds to an understanding of the man, myself. Spoilers, as a compromise if anyone is absolutely determined to pick it apart an durther?

Spoiler alert
It's not like they'll have gone at him with a mallet in the waiting room. Perhaps I'm unusually under invested in that bit of my anatomy.
[close]

But then I struggle to understand the trauma of "you've got cancer, no not the bad kind, now you're fine" but that probably speaks to a lack of empathy on my part more than anything.[NB]Or possibly something to do with my father and his sister both getting "you've got cancer, yeah, the bad kind" and both of them struggling to come to terms with implication, in different ways.[/NB]

Jerzy Bondov

They should have removed his head instead of his bollock and it probably looks the same. Now let that be an end to it.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: stonkers on December 29, 2020, 06:05:38 PM
Haha that was obviously written by Glinner

From the rejected Wiki page:

QuoteIt has been taken up my a number of individuals in the discussion of transphobia, including (but not limited to) Graham Linehan[1] as part of his ongoing campaign to alienate his friends and family. You can hear about it in her own words in this video interview 'A chat with Helen Staniland' hosted by Graham Linehan.

To quote Bugs Bunny: "what a maroon"

JaDanketies

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on December 29, 2020, 05:57:09 PM

I wouldn't talk about it except for that the timing links up perfectly. Back when you could search his Tweets it was very apparent that his cancer diagnosis and treatment, which he revealed in June 2018, was around about exactly the time that he started posting endlessly about trans women.

Compare these two Twitter searches:
1st May 2018 to 1st June 2018 when he was railing against trans women

vs

1st April 2018 to 1st May 2018 when he was talking about Dankula

I'm sure someone with fewer commitments than me can probably find the exact date he started on his crusade through the above links.

bigfatheart

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 29, 2020, 05:45:05 PM
lol I just Googled it and someone recently tried to make one

Oh shit, that's incredible.

If it was him, the 'Where to get help' section of that rejection response should just be a referral to self-sectioning.

George Oscar Bluth II

"Mr Kowalski, is Eddie Izzard a lesbian?"

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 29, 2020, 06:13:53 PM
I wouldn't talk about it except for that the timing links up perfectly.

Really I feel it's an extreme leap in reasoning with piss-poor evidence. It's Glinner we're talking about, but I find it crass and ghoulish and entirely irrelevant

This cunt is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Hollaback to Ferris for the props a page or two ago.

frajer

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 29, 2020, 05:45:05 PM
lol I just Googled it and someone recently tried to make one

Sitcom School homework this weekend: make the idiots at Wikipedia change their mind.

Extra credit if you can get them to accept the following: "The Staniland Question was heavily featured in Linehan's wry but devastating smash-hit single Turned Off Replies."

pigamus

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on December 29, 2020, 06:34:14 PM
Really I feel it's an extreme leap in reasoning with piss-poor evidence. It's Glinner we're talking about, but I find it crass and ghoulish and entirely irrelevant

I think it's a more significant life event than writing an episode of a TV sitcom and getting a bit of criticism for it. It might not be the answer but I don't think it's particularly extreme as a theory.

dead-ced-dead

The language on the wiki page has been changed to insult Glinner and the question. Which one of you did it?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on December 29, 2020, 07:00:52 PM
The language on the wiki page has been changed to insult Glinner and the question. Which one of you did it?
It started out that way did it not, what with the "alienate his friends and family" line you quote?

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 29, 2020, 07:03:57 PM
It started out that way did it not, what with the "alienate his friends and family" line you quotes?

It must have been my imagination. I was sure it wasn't like that before, other than the alienation quote. Maybe I caught it mid-edit. I must be going bananas. Well, guess it's time to set up a Substack.

stonkers

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on December 29, 2020, 07:10:19 PM
It must have been my imagination. I was sure it wasn't like that before, other than the alienation quote. Maybe I caught it mid-edit. I must be going bananas. Well, guess it's time to set up a Substack.

Nah this is the original, written by "Limbo90" https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Draft:The_Staniland_Question&oldid=994572111 It's been edited a few times today.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on December 29, 2020, 07:10:19 PM
Tbh I thought maybe you missed the alienation bit in your own quote and was trying to point it out in a way that didn't make me sound like a total condescending dickhead. ETA Thanks stonkers for straightening that out.

Blue Jam

Next project: TERFwiki. Glinnerpedia.