Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:56:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

My mum's in her seventies and a left-wing feminist. Not sure she's quite up to date on trans issues but she doesn't hate anyone who isn't just like her.

My grandmother would have agreed with the terfs but then she was quite nasty and right-wing so she would wouldn't she?

Gusty OWindflap

Ha ha. Yes, transphobes don't like zombies! The mad fucker even posted up a one-page-dungeon on the SGB one time as well. Back when he had the comedy school schtick going and used to post music playlists as well.

He's a fucking masochist interacting with those cunts on his blog and attending hate rallies and lights-on discos with them. A living embodiment of Matty Hislop attending weekly Mess, beatifying Joanne and Magdelene and praying for the end when he will be reborn in the kingdom of lesbians!

Fisher Goes Berserk

Quote from: phes on December 07, 2021, 11:07:32 AMI know Graham and Banana Co are famously technology illiterate, but even for them this whole hunched in front of a desktop in the dark of a basement is embarrassingly dated

It would be hackneyed even for someone who wasn't a former comedy writer.

canadagoose

Quote from: Gusty OWindflap on December 07, 2021, 11:42:49 AMHe's a fucking masochist interacting with those cunts on his blog and attending hate rallies and lights-on discos with them. A living embodiment of Matty Hislop attending weekly Mess, beatifying Joanne and Magdelene and praying for the end when he will be reborn in the kingdom of lesbians!
It is a bit religious, isn't it. I wonder when Banana Co (thanks to whoever first said that) will be buying their first premises. With crowdfunded dosh from middle-class bananians, obv.

I suppose their service to Saint Magdalen would be their constant conver— no, peaking that they do.

phes

Last time I asked a friend who is very embedded in the young adult LGBT+ community and events she said these young people have no idea who Graham Linehan is, they don't use twitter and many never have

retsuza

Quote from: FalknerHinton on December 07, 2021, 11:34:34 AM"Trev" seems to have grossly misunderstood the purpose of this site and has mistaken us for a forum for philosophical debate

We don't do that "Trev" because we're too busy laughing at a cunt who has gone bananas, and his bananaettes.

IS EDDIE IZZARD THE SAME SEX AS MY WIFE OR YOUR NAN?

canadagoose

Quote from: phes on December 07, 2021, 11:45:22 AMLast time I asked a friend who is very embedded in the young adult LGBT+ community and events she said these young people have no idea who Graham Linehan is, they don't use twitter and many never have
Good for them. It's a shitehole (even though I use it, it really is).

buttgammon

Quote from: phes on December 07, 2021, 11:45:22 AMLast time I asked a friend who is very embedded in the young adult LGBT+ community and events she said these young people have no idea who Graham Linehan is, they don't use twitter and many never have

Yeah, Twitter skews older in age demographics, not as old as Facebook, but young adults don't seem to use it very much.

canadagoose

Quote from: retsuza on December 07, 2021, 11:48:34 AMIS EDDIE IZZARD THE SAME SEX AS MY WIFE OR YOUR NAN?
The sacred incantations of Disciple Trev.

phes

Quote from: canadagoose on December 07, 2021, 11:49:08 AMGood for them. It's a shitehole (even though I use it, it really is).

I'm sure they're using social media that people in their 20s aren't onto yet, but it does make it pretty funny that Graham spends half his life grieving and trying to get his access back to a social media platform that is as good as done

idunnosomename

Ahhhhhhh!! They think Eddie Izzard is a girl! They want to kiss him!!!  Euuuurrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!

canadagoose

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 07, 2021, 11:52:42 AMAhhhhhhh!! They think Eddie Izzard is a girl! They want to kiss him!!!  Euuuurrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!
They probably still believe in Bummerdog.

The Guppy

I bet Barry has a (small) influx of new members to authorise. No rush, mate. No. Rush.

jobotic

Hey look Graham, you're the world's top feminist, what do you think of this woman?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/07/patsy-stevenson-interview-everard-vigil-arrest-faces-of-year

Or the filth coppers that took photos of themselves with the bodies of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry?

Is the answer that you couldn't give a solitary fucking shit because you can't use these events to bash trans women and your hate is all that matters to you?

Kankurette

Quote from: mippy on December 06, 2021, 11:49:03 PMGood, I loathe the yellow bastards, finally they will ruin a thing I don't like.
Me too. Vile things. Although banana cake is nice.

jobotic

Banana cake is vile. Bananas are lovely. You are simply wrong.

king_tubby

Pretty sure I've read Patsy Stevenson saying she's a trans ally, which might explain it, @jobotic.

Gusty OWindflap

Quote from: canadagoose on December 07, 2021, 11:45:03 AMIt is a bit religious, isn't it. I wonder when Banana Co (thanks to whoever first said that) will be buying their first premises. With crowdfunded dosh from middle-class bananians, obv.

I suppose their service to Saint Magdalen would be their constant conver— no, peaking that they do.

I love the religious parallels in the GC movement. Especially as it fucks BC off so much.

Even at Mess last week Arty Morty was desperately trying to claim they doesn't proselytise just before they segued obliviously onto GC Coming Out Day! Where you can leave little symbols about the home and office to help spread your beliefs to others.

They're fucking nuts!

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 07, 2021, 11:52:42 AMAhhhhhhh!! They think Eddie Izzard is a girl! They want to kiss him!!!  Euuuurrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!

My mum's a TERF and once when she was trying to argue with me about trans people, she said something along the lines of:

"So, would you go out with one then?"
"Sure. Why not?"
"So you're gay then."
"No."
..... *storms off*

Like, if Shon Faye were to walk up to me and said she wanted to go out with me, I'd be powerless to say no.

Zetetic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I'd date a trans man. I've seen trans men, they look like men. I don't go around looking at people's crotches to decide if they're attractive.

tomasrojo

Bob Geldof mentions in his memoir meeting a transwoman, and declining the opportunity to sleep with her, but only because he was too insecure in himself. Something like that. Anyway, not sure it's very relevant, and in many ways he comes across as a less than likeable man, but I'm assuming he's not boarding the Banana Boat.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 07, 2021, 12:33:53 PMI'd date a trans man. I've seen trans men, they look like men. I don't go around looking at people's crotches to decide if they're attractive.

Absolutely. If someone's attractive they're attractive. And some trans women I've met or online personalities are really attractive. And if they had all the other qualities I'd look for (funny, smart, an encyclopaedic knowledge on both The Beatles and the Robocop movies excluding the remake), I'd be down.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: tomasrojo on December 07, 2021, 12:37:01 PMBob Geldof mentions in his memoir meeting a transwoman, and declining the opportunity to sleep with her, but only because he was too insecure in himself. Something like that. Anyway, not sure it's very relevant, and in many ways he comes across as a less than likeable man, but I'm assuming he's not boarding the Banana Boat.

That's quite self deprecating and it seems he's admitting to his own insecurities, so whatever flaws he has, he's not part of the banana republic.

buttgammon

It's such a stupid attempt to elicit a 'gotcha' when they ask people if they'd go out with a trans person. I'm in a long-term relationship with a cis woman but I would've had no qualms going out with a trans woman when I was single. Why would it bother me? I'm attracted to women and they're women. If someone's only interest is in genitals and chromosomes, their attitude to sex and relationships is the problem here.

mippy

There's a lot of mention of 'trans widows', where I think the trans-i-ness? is something of a McGuffin - a marriage breaks down because one partner has been keeping something to themselves, or has changed their mind about something, and that's a tough thing because one can feel as though one's partner has effectively been lying to them, or because what once seemed like a strong relationship can't continue because the basis of it has fundamentally changed....but I can't see how this any different from a partner realising they are gay, or poly, or losing/finding religion, or someone deciding they do/don't want children at the nth hour?

I get it a bit, because I once dated someone who had a particular personal issue, and later found myself seeing people with the same issue with some level of disdain, or disliking abstract things to do with that issue, and then I realised I was grouping people who were struggling with something with a person who was an arsehole, and they couldn't all be arseholes, and - this is crucial - I didn't then go on to argue with people on the internet to the detriment of the rest of my life about how they are all arseholes.

phes

Bananablog today about a trans woman hosting the rememberance ceremony for victims of a Canadian Polytechnic mass shooting (1989), where a guy deliberately targeted and murdered women. Any photos of the victims on the blog? Don't be silly. Any photos of the victims on GC twitter, good lord no. Any photos of the trans woman in question YES PLS INSERT MEGA CLOSE UP DELIBERATELY CROPPED DEHUMANISING PARTIAL FACE PIC. Apparently the day is all about them and their tantrum that the organisers (apparently women) considered that the host was a woman and therefore an appropriate candidate to speak on anti feminist violence

Quote from: phes on December 07, 2021, 11:52:18 AMI'm sure they're using social media that people in their 20s aren't onto yet, but it does make it pretty funny that Graham spends half his life grieving and trying to get his access back to a social media platform that is as good as done

Exactly this, he needs to fire up his @user7132816715377 Tiktok account again.

bgmnts

Is Twitter done really? Feels like the biggest thing in the world at the moment.

The president of the USA was communicating mainly through the medium. And he's probably the most well known person in the world.

idunnosomename

Did you see the NERF image they retweeted though??? These violent males want to shower us with little foam arrows!!!!