Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Musicians appearing on comedy shows.

Started by Glebe, November 21, 2021, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Steven88 on November 29, 2021, 11:51:36 AMNoddy Holder was in Max & Paddy as well.

Did Noddy ever appear as himself with Vic & Bob in their sketches?

somersetchris

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 29, 2021, 11:26:56 AMSuzi Quatro was in both Happy Days and Minder.

Suzi Quatro was also in Newman and Baddiel in Pieces, as herself

Angst in my Pants

BeardFaceMan

Doesn't quite count as its just audio, but Ginger Wildheart was asked by the maker of an Argentinan comedy show called The Substitute to record a cover of The Who's Substitute to use as its theme song. So he did.

McChesney Duntz

Oh, jeez, almost forgot about a big one - the (genuinely brilliant) Nickelodeon kids series The Adventures of Pete & Pete featured Iggy Pop (in a recurring role), Marshall Crenshaw, Richard Edson (better known as an actor than a musician, granted, but he was Sonic Youth's first drummer), Gordon Gano (Violent Femmes), Debbie Harry, Juliana Hatfield, David Johansen, LL Cool J, Luscious Jackson, Alicia Keys, Kate Pierson (B-52's), Suzzy Roche, and Syd Straw. And that was just the musicians that appeared on it; their cast/guest star list is ridiculously high-quality. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Pete_%26_Pete)

PaulTMA

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 30, 2021, 08:06:06 AMDid Noddy ever appear as himself with Vic & Bob in their sketches?

No but he was on the Shooting Stars pilot and made a Cup-A-Soup joke

PaulTMA

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on December 01, 2021, 06:50:44 PMOh, jeez, almost forgot about a big one - the (genuinely brilliant) Nickelodeon kids series The Adventures of Pete & Pete featured Iggy Pop (in a recurring role), Marshall Crenshaw, Richard Edson (better known as an actor than a musician, granted, but he was Sonic Youth's first drummer), Gordon Gano (Violent Femmes), Debbie Harry, Juliana Hatfield, David Johansen, LL Cool J, Luscious Jackson, Alicia Keys, Kate Pierson (B-52's), Suzzy Roche, and Syd Straw. And that was just the musicians that appeared on it; their cast/guest star list is ridiculously high-quality. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Pete_%26_Pete)

Michael Stipe too (looking creepy)

McChesney Duntz

How could I forget Stipe? (He was actually the first one I thought of when remembering this show.)

Glebe

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 30, 2021, 08:06:06 AMDid Noddy ever appear as himself with Vic & Bob in their sketches?

Quote from: PaulTMA on December 01, 2021, 09:08:05 PMNo but he was on the Shooting Stars pilot and made a Cup-A-Soup joke

Noddy appeared in Mrs Brown's Boys, the mad machocist.