Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

just had an amazing fucking idea for a CaB meet

Started by madhair60, February 24, 2022, 12:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas and dave

KAEKOK
0 (0%)
KOAKER
2 (28.6%)
KAOOKK
0 (0%)
KAOOKO
1 (14.3%)
KAAAAKK
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

madhair60

right.

here goes.

(takes deep breath)

CaB KARAOKE NIGHT

register interest

pancreas

idunnosomename

please can everyone pronounce it KA ro kay like Nihongo, arigato

idunnosomename

Zankoku na tenshi no yō ni
Shōnen yo, shinwa ni nare...

BA BA BA BAHH
BA BABA BABA BABABAH
BA BA BA BAHH
BA BABA BABA BA BAAAAH

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Jittlebags

The Mollusk

I'm all over this, let's fuckin gooooo

I'm desperately poor next month though so let's fuckin gooooo in April

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Captain Z

madhair60

May works best for me, and I honestly have no idea how to facilitate the whole karaoke thing. I've never been. lol. But I'm 100% serious, I think this would be amazing

Dex Sawash

studpuppet

My suggestion would be to go to the next Fall Karaoke Night with the Fallen Women - I went to this one, just after MES had died; the band and all the singers were brilliant.

https://vimeo.com/277064134

Brundle-Fly

https://rowans.co.uk/category/karaoke-2/

You can sing Take The Skinheads Bowling and then go bowling afterward. Shaved head optional.

JaDanketies

Go to one of the karaoke bars in Manchester and I'll go, perhaps. Probably. If a large group turned up on a weekday then they'd rule the place. No booking required.

Kankurette

If I did it I'd probably do Blondie. Or Catatonia. I very stupidly attempted a Christina Aguilera song with a sore throat once.

JaDanketies

I'd do Gangsters Paradise but I would change the chorus to Cabber's Paradise

Maybe a few more Easter Eggs for the gang

"I'm an educated fool with Madhair on my mind
The Remote in Ron's hand and a gleam in his eye"

greenman

Convinced myself I can sing Little Feat's Rock and Roll Doctor fairly well although probably less so in the presense of other humans.

Pink Gregory

I could do a reasonable Tom Waits I think, around Rain Dogs to maybe Mule Variations - could do a reasonable reading of Circus I imagine.

Not that I'd go to a meet, haven't really posted enough to be known.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 24, 2022, 11:52:58 AMhttps://rowans.co.uk/category/karaoke-2/

You can sing Take The Skinheads Bowling and then go bowling afterward. Shaved head optional.

I've been to Rowan's so many times and can confirm it's an absolute blast. Go on a weekend when the DJ is playing endless noughties hip hop and r'n'b for extra pissed up dancefloor fun. Plus, yeah, bowling and pool tables and a games arcade. It's basically heaven.

Sebastian Cobb

Kelvin

I've been to a CaB mini-meet in Manchester which ended with us getting kicked out of a kareoke bar for being too drunk. I can therefore vouch for this being a great time.

Chollis

i'll be doing Soft Cell - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 24, 2022, 02:53:35 PMNot that I'd go to a meet, haven't really posted enough to be known.

That's no reason not to turn up and make another attempt at 'Space Truckin'. You won't often encounter a friendlier and more welcoming bunch of cunts, no need to worry about post counts or anything like that.

shiftwork2

Totally agreed.  There was a lad who turned up at a meet with 8 posts.  However he was 2 foot tall and had been alive for 'a few months'.

madhair60

DrGreggles