Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Top 3 Brian Butterfield Foods

Started by Pink Gregory, May 07, 2022, 02:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

1 - Hoisin Crispy Owl
2 - Nutty nut nuts
3 - Non-Calendar Dates

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

In no particular order:

Pork cylinders
Bon bon bon bons
Hibernian eggs

Fr.Bigley

Egg and ham slabs
Fluffyruffs
Twenty cheese omlette

Inspector Norse

Pizzer
Pints o' cream
Hoisin crispy owl

JamesTC

Clown nose fruit
Egg and ham slabs
Bread 'n' ham deltoids

prelektric

As much as there is, we're going to run out pretty quick.

So we're going to have to make up our own, hopefully funny, versions.

Constantine Pudding
Boris Balls
Hindenburg Eggs
Fritzl Schnitzel

Video Game Fan 2000

Fr.Bigley

shoulders

prelektric

Mickey Mouse Moussaka
Magical Mushroom Paste
Huge Pie
Magic Pie
Mushroom Pie
Broccoli Monotony

But wait! There's more!

Vagina Cake
Jimmy Ruffin Muffin
Snotty Sneezecake
Weiss Scream
Hooker Cookie
Raspberry Beret

CALL NOW!

Video Game Fan 2000

bgmnts

Pints o' cream
Chocolate quail's eggs
20 cheese omelette

Mr_Simnock

Hoisin crispy owl (that is fucking brilliant)
pork cylinders
mystery meat

Quote from: prelektric on May 07, 2022, 05:43:02 PMMickey Mouse Moussaka
Magical Mushroom Paste
Huge Pie
Magic Pie
Mushroom Pie
Broccoli Monotony

But wait! There's more!

Vagina Cake
Jimmy Ruffin Muffin
Snotty Sneezecake
Weiss Scream
Hooker Cookie
Raspberry Beret

CALL NOW!

Without wanting to be rude, I think this just demonstrates these are a lot harder to write then they look.

FWIW I think the "Sports Restaurant" version is as funny as the original, if not more so

SPORTSMAN'S CRUNCHY DISCS!

What happened to his Podpodpodcast? Was the whole gag that he only ever did one episode, lasting just 44 seconds?

Edit: Wait, no it was longer originally wasn't it, the full episode appears to've been yanked from everywhere. Did he get cold feet about it? Odd.

shoulders

QuoteWithout wanting to be rude, I think this just demonstrates these are a lot harder to write then they look.

FWIW I think the "Sports Restaurant" version is as funny as the original, if not more so

The second paragraph kinda undermines your authority to dish out to anyone else what's funny.

That followup Sports Restaurant clip is just sort of sad. Half arsed, even the editor can't be bothered to put in the energy and rhythm requried. It's so lacking and so frequently misses opportunities to even hit a beat. It's a stretch to understand why anyone would think it's even in the same gravitational orbit as the original Diet Plan sketch.

bgmnts

Does sports restaurant have the Four Sports Cap?

Quote from: shoulders on May 11, 2022, 08:27:37 PMThe second paragraph kinda undermines your authority to dish out to anyone else what's funny.

Ha! No, I don't think so mate. I've read the above poster's effort and I don't think it requires one to be an authority on comedy to pass judgement it. If you really feel like going to bat for it then knock yourself out.

QuoteThat followup Sports Restaurant clip is just sort of sad. Half arsed, even the editor can't be bothered to put in the energy and rhythm requried. It's so lacking and so frequently misses opportunities to even hit a beat. It's a stretch to understand why anyone would think it's even in the same gravitational orbit as the original Diet Plan sketch.

So what, you're incapable of understanding someone else having a different opinion on something to you? Is it really that hard to grasp? Christ.

shoulders

No, it's a stretch. I can stretch.

Pink Gregory

I don't think the Butterfield sketches for the CBBC show are as good either.  It's not the performance but something about the editing or the camera work, or maybe that they're a bit slower?

By the way, top 3 disguises

Pyramid Worker
Theatrical Ghost
Australian

prelektric

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on May 10, 2022, 11:34:24 PMWithout wanting to be rude, I think this just demonstrates these are a lot harder to write then they look.

I've the utmost respect for Peter, he's a proper dude. Met him once at a SPACED convention in Camden back in 2002. He bought me a pint. Lovely fella, was just chatting with him like you would anyone else. Big lad mind.

Back to the point though, I managed to make myself laugh by coming up with some of them. (trying to say Jimmy Ruffin Muffin in a Butterfield voice has me in fits days later) - but yes. I agree with you yet disagree at the same time. You should note that i did say "hopefully funny" in my initial input to this thread. You didn't like it, and that's perfectly fine.

(I did though... hehe)

Pink Gregory

Yeah Ms. Gregory has lost some weight recently and we're both doing 'these trousers are so loose!  I may have to buy a new belt!'

prelektric

Quote from: shoulders on May 11, 2022, 08:27:37 PMThat followup Sports Restaurant clip is just sort of sad. Half arsed, even the editor can't be bothered to put in the energy and rhythm required. It's so lacking and so frequently misses opportunities to even hit a beat. It's a stretch to understand why anyone would think it's even in the same gravitational orbit as the original Diet Plan sketch.

I have to agree with this. The "spark" just simply isn't there. Nothing will beat the original Butterfield segments on Serafinowicz's, quite brilliant sketch show*.

*Still grumpy that it didn't go anywhere for him, but it was lovely while it lasted

prelektric

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 14, 2022, 12:42:57 PMYeah Ms. Gregory has lost some weight recently and we're both doing 'these trousers are so loose!  I may have to buy a new belt!'

You may joke, but I had an awful trouser malfunction in the Post Office last week. Whilst being served at the counter, my trousers fell down (I should add, I genuinely have lost a fair bit of weight recently). Now, once you realise something like that, you're gonna recover and pull up pretty damn quick. However, not quick enough for the superannuated lady behind who was merely filling out her lottery ticket. She chuckled, complimented me on my "lovely calves" and went back to scrawling on her bit of paper in an absolute desperate attempt, against impossible odds, to crawl out the hole we are all scratching around in.

When I told my Dad about this, he offered me some braces. I'm sort of old, but I'm not quite ready to become Bobby Ball. (RIP).

EDIT: - Just found out that Bobby was a good clear 10 years younger than me when he and Tommy had their first ITV show. Fuck. Perhaps I should accept the offer of those braces after all.

Video Game Fan 2000

An "extremely small moment in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended" is how irritated Butterfield looks when the alarm goes off in the Diet Plan sketch.

prelektric

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on May 14, 2022, 01:19:02 PMAn "extremely small moment in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended" is how irritated Butterfield looks when the alarm goes off in the Diet Plan sketch.

Glorious.

idunnosomename

Thought it was funny that Mike Stoklasa of Red Letter Media often puts references to Butterfield in his videos, and when Brian throws away the Whistle Crust™ in the Sports restaurant sketch it inappropriately makes the generic "Kurlan naiskos" smash sound Mike's so fond of

magister

Chicken lengths
Mystery spread
Carbs'n'jam

I've taken to calling pancakes "batter flaps".