Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:06:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rowan Atkinson: Man VS Bee

Started by TheMonk, January 05, 2021, 11:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

There's an animated Bean film being made. Don't think Atkinson does the voice for it though, never seen it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shaky on January 05, 2021, 11:18:49 AM
Has he ever done anything other than shoot down mention of new Blackadder before?

Yeah, before he was shooting down mention of new Blackadder he was making Blackadder, Mr Bean and he was in Not the Nine O'Clock News.

I hope this helps

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on January 05, 2021, 11:21:04 PM
Oh fuck off. You've got Cup of Tea stuck in my head again. Catchier than You've Turned Off Replies.

You've set my ears tingling.

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on January 06, 2021, 07:24:23 PM

Wanker's taking up an actual seat on the bench.  I AM A FAMILY OF SIX HERE TRYING TO EAT OUR LUNCHES

I'd be so tempted to burn off the side of the bench he is sitting on.

Quote from: Malcy on January 06, 2021, 08:16:58 PM
There's an animated Bean film being made. Don't think Atkinson does the voice for it though, never seen it.

He does. They also got Matilda Ziegler back to do the voice of Irma Gobb.

fucking ponderous

Christmas Mr. Bean has one of the greatest punchlines i've ever seen probably (Bean's gift to his lady). For that alone I will defend Bean to the grave.

Malcy

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on January 05, 2021, 11:10:52 PM
Surprising that more than one person liked the last Johnny English film tbh.

I came across it on a download site earlier and can't remember if I've seen it or not. I know I've seen the first two but can only remember bits of the first.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 06, 2021, 09:15:30 PM

I've seen clips but seconds worth and it just seemed like generic Bean noises so it must have been an easy gig for him!

I didn't know there was a huge chunk of the first Bean film cut. I often do his goodbye from that film by sticking my fingers up and making a Bean noise if I'm leaving somewhere in a car. I really like the 2nd film as well. It's just daft.

Replies From View

Disappointing lack of birdshit on him.  Maybe he has a dedicated cleaning staff.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shaky on January 06, 2021, 11:21:51 PM
Oh god. The eyes.

Only just twigged that he has pupils and is looking in a specific direction.  I had presumed he was gawking hollowly outwards.

Shaky

Quote from: Replies From View on January 07, 2021, 02:49:15 PM
Only just twigged that he has pupils and is looking in a specific direction.  I had presumed he was gawking hollowly outwards.

Nice attention to detail but they could've made a bit more effort with the overall colour. He just doesn't look that colour on telly. Weird thing to miss.

idunnosomename

I wonder if the maquette treated his arse accurately or it's just flat

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 06, 2021, 09:15:30 PM

Robin Driscoll, Tony Haase, Rebecca Stevens have all written episodes. Lee Cornes too, all the old comedy friends.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Phil_A on January 06, 2021, 01:15:17 PM
I used to adore all the Beans as a kid, and I still think Mr Bean's Diary is one of the greatest comedy tie-in books of all time.

I dug it out after my 7 year old got into the live action series. It's pretty unnerving, lots about lack of friends, depression, contemplating suicide, antagonising neighbours, harrassing women. Brilliantly detailed but not one for the very young. Just seemed out of step with all the other output.

I enjoy watching the driving sequences in the early ones, you can spot Atkinson's love of driving and expert handling. I reckon he did all the quick manoeuvres himself. Speeding around at some points. Getting dressed in the car is a great moment as well.

St_Eddie

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Replies From View on January 06, 2021, 08:46:46 PM
Wanker's taking up an actual seat on the bench.  I AM A FAMILY OF SIX HERE TRYING TO EAT OUR LUNCHES

I'd be so tempted to burn off the side of the bench he is sitting on.

Looks better than anti homeless spikes I spose

Braintree

Why is he so obsessed with cancel culture? Has he ever produced anything offensive at risk?

JamesTC

You wouldn't get away with Mr Bean nowadays. They lock you up just for saying "Teddy".

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Braintree on January 07, 2021, 05:58:11 PM
Why is he so obsessed with cancel culture? Has he ever produced anything offensive at risk?

His 'anti-Christian' skits mocking church leaders probably (weird thing for Telegraph readers to be on the side of but hey).

idunnosomename

Braintree

Quote from: jenna appleseed on January 07, 2021, 06:07:52 PM
His 'anti-Christian' skits mocking church leaders probably (weird thing for Telegraph readers to be on the side of but hey).

Wasn't that 35+ years ago though? Maybe he is working on some really offensive hot takes we cannot see because they arrest you just for being Mr Bean.

mobias

Quote from: Jake Thingray on January 06, 2021, 12:05:49 AM
Don't think there's ever been any real proof of his cuntiness

A relative of mine worked as a production design assistant on the first Johnny English film and she said he was pretty difficult and not particularly liked
by the rest of the crew. Bit of a prima donna by the sounds of things and certainly not friendly to anyone. You do get the impression he's just quite an odd
chap and out of that oddness comes his unique style as a performer. You don't get the impression he's much of a 'fun' person off the screen though.

On the subject of Blackadder. I hope they don't do another. Tim McInnerny has said he wouldn't do it, or at least thats what he said a few years back
citing them all being too old. There was probably a window of opportunity for them to do another 10 or 15 years ago. Baldrick is in his mid 70's now.

idunnosomename

But the drummer would be called Bald Rick

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 07, 2021, 05:53:21 PM
Looks better than anti homeless spikes I spose
It's nice how Bean seems to be recoiling from whoever's sitting next to him, no manspreading from Bean. Compare Malcolm Arnold who takes up the whole seat, and Alan Turing's right in the middle! The Eleanor Rigby statue even has her bag on the bench, how selfish can you get, no wonder she has no friends. This cunt has a hat where I want to sit! Worst is when they have their arm out to feel up the innocent office drone trying to enjoy a sandwich in the sunshine. None of that from Bean, thank god.

Zetetic

Quote from: Braintree on January 07, 2021, 07:31:24 PM
Wasn't that 35+ years ago though?
Although repeated quite a lot since.

TheMonk

Quote from: mobias on January 08, 2021, 12:04:19 PM
A relative of mine worked as a production design assistant on the first Johnny English film and she said he was pretty difficult and not particularly liked
by the rest of the crew. Bit of a prima donna by the sounds of things and certainly not friendly to anyone. You do get the impression he's just quite an odd
chap and out of that oddness comes his unique style as a performer. You don't get the impression he's much of a 'fun' person off the screen though.
Wonder how much truth there is in his character in The Tall Guy. Did Richard Curtis base it on him? He used to be his straight man before Deayton, right?

TheMonk

Shaky

Atkinson always seemed pretty reserved off screen and from memory he had a bad stutter for many years. Rather than excusing him, I'm suggesting these factors might have turned him into a bellend.

popcorn

edit: remove shite unfunny Blackadder impression.