Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 13

Started by MigraineBoy, August 25, 2021, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Utter Shit on June 17, 2022, 01:41:56 PMSame, she was probably the weakest of the contestants in terms of the tasks themselves, but she was easily the most entertaining in terms of the studio discussions. She also had my favourite moment of the entire series, "But how can I kill you with your own shoe?".

Same, I thought on the duck task her brute strength handling of Alex was really funny too, with him scrambling on to her back as she took control of the bike.

holyzombiejesus

I never realsied how tiny Sophie Duker is. I know Greg and Alex are huge but she even looked like a toddler next to the others. And she was wearing built-up shoes.

Also, I don't like feeling like this but I really dislike Bridget Christie. She's fucking horrible.

Twilkes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 17, 2022, 10:06:37 PMI never realsied how tiny Sophie Duker is. I know Greg and Alex are huge but she even looked like a toddler next to the others. And she was wearing built-up shoes.

I'll have to watch again - all of the bot-written celeb webpages have her down as 6ft tall, so maybe someone fed them some bum info and they ran with it.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 17, 2022, 10:06:37 PMAlso, I don't like feeling like this but I really dislike Bridget Christie. She's fucking horrible.

U wot?

Utter Shit

greencalx

Great series, and a strong finish after a slightly lacklustre penultimate episode. I think the duck task was a good example of one that could be done in different (and entertaining) ways when the contestants are willing to think creatively.

The fact that the contestants had quite different personalities and styles is reflected in the diversity of opinion on this thread, with different posters (dis)liking different contestants. I'm fortunate in that I liked them all, so extracted a lot of enjoyment from the show. (It actually takes quite a lot for me to take against someone on this show, so congratulations Russell Howard and Iain Stirling on that). I also thought that on the whole, there was more effort put into the prize tasks than recent series, and Greg seemed less visibly irritated by the submissions.

Andy147

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 17, 2022, 09:13:21 AMAverage points per episode:

Notably, this series' average scores are all lower than of Alice Levine, who finished last in S6.

That's because you've omitted the points they scored in the last episode. The averages should be

Spoiler alert
Judi Love 14.2
Ardal O'Hanlon 15.3
Bridget Christie 15.7
Chris Ramsey 17.0
Sophie Duker 17.3
[close]

RickyHamster

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 17, 2022, 10:06:37 PMAlso, I don't like feeling like this but I really dislike Bridget Christie. She's fucking horrible.

Did she do a five minute shit on your bed?

Glad Chris Ramsey didnt win if there is another Champions series on the way

Bridget was probably the best contestant they've had, absolute weird woman

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Andy147 on June 18, 2022, 02:59:40 PMThat's because you've omitted the points they scored in the last episode. The averages should be

Spoiler alert
Judi Love 14.2
Ardal O'Hanlon 15.3
Bridget Christie 15.7
Chris Ramsey 17.0
Sophie Duker 17.3
[close]

The official website didn't update the leaderboards on Friday morning, which was where I got the numbers from.

It was nice to see Sophie Duker - who's (quite rightly) not shy about criticising other shows she's been on for bad practices - post on her Instagram stories about how great and supportive everyone involved in Taskmaster is. She said she was "in awe" (or something similar) of the other four contestants too.

sprocket

Did they reveal what was in the pipette for the taste task?

selectivememory

Quote from: sprocket on June 19, 2022, 11:51:45 AMDid they reveal what was in the pipette for the taste task?

Vegetable stock I think.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 18, 2022, 07:06:37 PMThe official website didn't update the leaderboards on Friday morning, which was where I got the numbers from.

Corrected list of average scores per episode.
Spoiler alert
Roisin Conaty      11.3
Katherine Parkinson   11.8
Victoria Coren Mitchell   12.1
Charlotte Ritchie   12.5
David Baddiel      12.8
Paul Chowdhry      13.2
Phil Wang      13.3
Nish Kumar      13.4
Paul Sinha      13.6
Jamali Maddix      13.7
Joe Wilkinson      13.8
Johnny Vegas      13.9
Judi Love      14.2
Sian Gibson      14.3
Sarah Pascoe      14.4
Tim Key         14.7
Joe Thomas      15
Lee Mack      15.1
Mawaan Rizwan      15.1
Alice Levine      15.2
Ardal O'Hanlon      15.3
Mike Wozniak      15.4
Jo Brand      15.4
Frank Skinner      15.5
Romesh Ranganathan   15.5
Doc Brown      15.6
Iain Sterling      15.6
Lolly Adefope      15.63
Bridget Christie   15.7
Aisling Bea      15.75
Katy Wix      15.8
Daisy May Cooper   15.8
Sarah Kendall      15.8
Asim Chaudhry      15.9
Rose Matafeo      15.9
Al Murray      16
Bob Mortimer      16
Desiree Burch      16.1
Alan Davies      16.1
Hugh Dennis      16.1
Dave Gorman      16.2
Richard Herring      16.2
Mark Watson      16.3
Sally Phillips      16.3
Josh Widdecombe      16.38
Lou Sanders      16.4
James Acaster      16.5
Ed Gamble      16.7
Rhod Gilbert      16.7
Guz Khan      16.7
Mel Giedroyc      16.8
Morgana Robinson   16.8
Joe Lycett      16.9
Chris Ramsey      17
Russell Howard      17
Richard Osman      17.2
Sophie Duker      17.3
Tim Vine      17.5
Jessica Knappett   17.5
Rob Beckett      17.57
Noel Fielding      17.6
Kerry Godliman      17.6
Jon Richardson      18
Liza Tarbuck      18.1
Katherine Ryan      18.4
[close]

mjwilson

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 17, 2022, 10:06:37 PMI never realsied how tiny Sophie Duker is. I know Greg and Alex are huge but she even looked like a toddler next to the others. And she was wearing built-up shoes.

I've seen her live and I don't remember thinking she was noticeably short or tall. So I figure maybe she's of pretty regular height, or possibly that I am very unobservant.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 17, 2022, 12:27:00 PMThought the duck prize was really weak and only saved by Sophie and Bridget changing the rules, the food tasting one was poor too, and the only one I really loved was the singing task. I kept on being annoyed with Judi's ever rubbish attempts too, and kept on thinking how amazing this series would have been with Sally Phillips or Mike Wozniak in her place, then it might have been my favourite ever. Still, at least Sophie won, who was after Bridget my favourite, so I was pleased about that.

The interesting mix of personalities and their chemistry is what made this season so good, replacing Judi with yet another zany cracker would have actively damaged it IMO. 

Captain Z

A compilation of outtakes from the series is on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeoLelcnYes

I don't know if they were drip-fed during the series, thus old news, but I got more laughs from some of these than the actual episodes.