Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2022

Started by up_the_hampipe, April 22, 2022, 05:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

The bearded bugger is back doing proper shows, albeit outdoor venues only, throughout the summer. No Fringe shows announced as yet. The show is called 'Outside', here is the synopsis:

QuoteDaniel hasn't been on stage for over two years.

And, to be entirely honest, he's not really missed it.

It is, however, his actual job and everyone's gone back to work now. So, he's picked out a comfy pen, bought a new notebook and booked himself a summers worth of outdoor shows to find out whether he can still do his job and what, if anything, he has to say to large groups of people he doesn't know.

Please note: What with the two year gap and the lack of practice this entire tour will be, to a greater or lesser extent, work in progress and the shows are likely to be relatively rickety affairs. But on the up side, they will sometimes feature support and/or collaboration from Gavin Osborn (when his schedule allows) and Daniel's already written the question "Do worms feel fear?" in his new notebook, so we should be okay.

Also, if it gets boring – you can just use the time to look at the sky and feel small.

Some shows are on sale now, others will be on 3rd May: https://www.danielkitson.com/livestuff

Dates & venues:
May 23rd, 24th, 25th – The Old Mill – Stillington, North Yorkshire
May 29th –- Thorington Theatre – Thorington, Suffolk.
June 7th, 8th, 9th - The Old Mill – Stillington, North Yorkshire.
June 17th – Midlands Arts Centre Outdoor Theatre– Birmingham
June 18th – (Afternoon) - Melbourne Hall, Walled Garden – Derby
June 19th – - Regents Park Open Air Theatre - London
June 22nd, 23rd –Lawrence Batley Theatre Courtyard – Huddersfield
July 6th – Compering Mixed Bill – Brighton Comedy Gardens
July 17th –Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre – Chester
July 18th –Midland Arts Centre Outdoor Theatre – Birmingham
July 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd – Windmill Hill City Farm - Bristol
July 24th – Regents Park Open Air Theatre – London
August 21st –Regents Park Open Air Theatre – London

DrGreggles

Thorington Theatre is great

Famous Mortimer

I feel bad, but the thing he did in the empty theatres last year wasn't very good. It had the odd nice bit in it, but, there's been a couple of things where the concept or structure of the show replaced the actual meat and drink of the show, and left me wishing he'd do more stand-up. I know lots of people did like them (both the lockdown show and...the one where he found a load of letters in his attic?... but they didn't really work for me at all.

He's so good, though. His WIP standup show at that pub in London was one of the best nights I've ever been to. 

Memorex MP3

Totally forgot about his Regent Park shows, there's a few really bad seats still left though

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 22, 2022, 08:23:20 PMI feel bad, but the thing he did in the empty theatres last year wasn't very good. It had the odd nice bit in it, but, there's been a couple of things where the concept or structure of the show replaced the actual meat and drink of the show, and left me wishing he'd do more stand-up. I know lots of people did like them (both the lockdown show and...the one where he found a load of letters in his attic?... but they didn't really work for me at all.

He's so good, though. His WIP standup show at that pub in London was one of the best nights I've ever been to. 

I do think that so much of his funniest stuff is when he's ad-libbing and thinking out loud, which is lost in his more rigidly structured shows. So if these shows are still at the WIP stage that's fine by me!

DrGreggles

I think that's why Mouse worked so well, as he got to dip in and out of the narrative and mess about.

Pranet

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 22, 2022, 08:23:20 PMI feel bad, but the thing he did in the empty theatres last year wasn't very good.

Counterpoint- it was great and exactly what I needed then.

buntyman

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on April 30, 2022, 05:14:42 PMTotally forgot about his Regent Park shows, there's a few really bad seats still left though
I bought a couple of decent seats and it already looks like I won't be able to go so I'll probably offer them up on here.

By the way, did anyone record any of the Tim Key covid Zoom shows with Daniel Kitson as the tech support? I'd love to see that

mrfridge

Missed out on Huddersfield tickets. If anyone ends up with a spare send me a PM please.

kitsofan34

Has he talked about doing Edinburgh this year? He's just sent another email out and I noticed he's got a sold out show at Regent's Park on the 21st of August.

up_the_hampipe

He mentioned in the email that he's been unable to secure an outdoor venue in Scotland.

iamcoop

Has he mentioned what these shows actually are yet? On the most recent mail out he described them as a "man attempting comedy" so I'm hoping it's just an hour of him fucking about as that's when he's at his best in my opinion.

Anyway booked for Durham, wasn't even aware of that venue. Looks nice.

DrGreggles

Quote from: kitsofan34 on May 20, 2022, 11:17:35 AMHas he talked about doing Edinburgh this year? He's just sent another email out and I noticed he's got a sold out show at Regent's Park on the 21st of August.

He's done short Fringe runs at late notice before

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 20, 2022, 04:20:33 PMHe's done short Fringe runs at late notice before

I think the last one was because Paul Sinah had to pull out for health reasons though.

whatabulb

I've got 2 x tickets for Tim Key @ Regents Park on 19/6, 5pm (ie immediately before the Kitson show) if anyone wants them @ face value?  £20 each, decent seats, gutted to not be going tbh.

Considered starting its own thread but don't know the forum rules on that kind of thing/seemed a trifle gauche.

visionset

I've got a ticket for Melbourne 18th June if anyone's interested £16.50 (face value)

Quote from: whatabulb on June 07, 2022, 04:54:20 PMI've got 2 x tickets for Tim Key @ Regents Park on 19/6, 5pm (ie immediately before the Kitson show) if anyone wants them @ face value?  £20 each, decent seats, gutted to not be going tbh.

Considered starting its own thread but don't know the forum rules on that kind of thing/seemed a trifle gauche.

Did you get rid of these?

He's MCing the first night of this comedy festival in Manchester. Which is outdoors. In September. And £27.50 per show. I think I'll give it a miss.

https://www.laughterama.com/shows

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on June 15, 2022, 03:40:21 PMHe's MCing the first night of this comedy festival in Manchester. Which is outdoors. In September. And £27.50 per show. I think I'll give it a miss.

https://www.laughterama.com/shows

I just bought tickets. It'll piss it down.

edwardfog

I also have 1 (one) Kitson ticket to sell - 21st August at Regents Park. £15 but I'll probably give it ya for 10

whatabulb

Quote from: The Always Red Society on June 15, 2022, 10:15:17 AMDid you get rid of these?

i did not!  tbf the extent of my sales hustle was to make that post on this thread...

feel free to drop me a PM if u want them

SteveDave

It's pissing it down in Regents Park tonight. The show still appears to be going ahead though. Can't wait to get a wet seat.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: SteveDave on June 19, 2022, 07:35:07 PMIt's pissing it down in Regents Park tonight. The show still appears to be going ahead though. Can't wait to get a wet seat.

Was there last night. Kitson declared there'd be "no more rain" at the top of the show, then it immediately started raining. Poor Gavin Osborn got soaked. The show itself was quite good though, still in the work-in-progress form so there were saggier moments, but plenty of good material, glad to see a more straightforward stand-up show from him. He looks great as well.

king_tubby

Quote from: mrfridge on May 03, 2022, 08:30:02 PMMissed out on Huddersfield tickets. If anyone ends up with a spare send me a PM please.

A long shot, but we were on the returns list for this and got offered a couple of tickets earlier but couldn't get a baby sitter at this short notice. It could be worth giving the ticket office a ring just in case.

mrfridge

Cheers!

Did he mention something in his mailing list emails about sorting out a Manchester gig or did I imagine that? Unless it was that massive Castlefield bowl thing he was referring to, which I'm wary of in case it shits it down.

iamreverend

Hi. I have two tickets for Chester on Sunday. Face value.

I've got two tickets for DK at Regents Park Open Air Theatre this Sunday 24 July 8pm available at face value (£30 the pair).

chad-io

Hi All - I have 2 tickets for tomorrows show at Regents Park. Not asking for any money, just want them to go to a good home. Drop me a message if you can use them.