Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GoFundMe - please share - advice/ ideas welcome

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 02, 2022, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Donated, sorry for the delay. I might be able to throw some more your way at the end of the month. When does this wrap up?

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Mister Six on July 17, 2022, 11:42:34 PMDonated, sorry for the delay. I might be able to throw some more your way at the end of the month. When does this wrap up?

Thanks so much!

Past 3k now, that's around a thousand since Saturday lunch time. Absolutely incredible. Hoping it'll be done by the end of the week. Can't believe it.

holyzombiejesus

£333 needed! So close I can almost kiss it.

SteveDave

flotemysost

Put in some more earlier today too. This is a seriously impressive feat, honestly, massive massive props to you. And you haven't even had to force any 100-year-old-men to walk round a garden. Let's hear it for Sir Captain Zom(biejesus)!

holyzombiejesus

50! FIFTY FUCKING QUID TO GO!!!!

(My mum put my Christmas money in which was a kind of bittersweet moment.)

Uncle TechTip

Come on, five people who've been reading this thread, put a tenner in. That's nothing.

bgmnts

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 18, 2022, 10:45:58 PMCome on, five people who've been reading this thread, put a tenner in. That's nothing.

It's really not nothing for some people. I'm mega impressed that this did so well so fast.

Anyway, stick it all on the horses.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 18, 2022, 09:01:06 AMThanks so much!

Past 3k now, that's around a thousand since Saturday lunch time. Absolutely incredible. Hoping it'll be done by the end of the week. Can't believe it.

You did it by the end of the day!

Really well done.

Dr Rock

Great work! You're the new Bob Geldof, and to a lesser degree, Midge Ure.

Seriously, I idolise you now. This has made me very happy x

Mister Six

Brilliant news, well done! In fact, you're 20 quid over, so even better than hoped for.

Let us know how it goes!

Zero Gravitas

TrenterPercenter

Small Man Big Horse

Really pleased for you HJZ, it's a fantastic achievement, and I just hope Gloria can arrive in the UK now as soon as is possible.

Des Wigwam

Excellent news. Really well done HZJ.

Would like to know how it's progressing from here if you think it's appropriate.

How much is the PR company you set up to advise the charity taking out of the pot?

Great news, it's been great to see things in this thread going from despondency to slowly turning around and gaining momentum from all your efforts, noticed the amount is still going up which is nice.

Also, those twitter snitches can shove their complaints up their arse now.

Buelligan

It is great!  Really inspiring that a person, even a CaBber, can, just by dint of effort and care, make a change in the world of this magnitude.  Imagine the feeling for the whole family when they are reunited.  Literally life-changing and totally down to HJZ and his unstoppable positive fucking energy. 

And it's great that the money is continuing to come it.  Gloria will need a plane ticket and shit like that.

QDRPHNC

holyzombiejesus

Thanks everyone. Still a bit freaked out by it all. Spoke with Perez this morning and he was thrilled, and I spoke with Revive who are helping him with the visa and they will get things rolling ASAP.

Honestly, thanks so much to every single person who donated, shared and offered encouragement. You've fundamentally changed the lives of this family. I will keep you updated. Thanks again!

Cuellar

holyzombiejesus

Brief update. As we speak (and about 6 months late due to general Home Office scumbaggery), Perez is driving the children home from school, where, unbeknownst to them, their mum is sat waiting for them.  First time they (aged 3 and 4) will be seeing her in about 18 months. Feel a bit choked up just thinking about it tbh. Will write more later as he's sending me pictures and stuff.