Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

fuckin love E3 lads.

Started by madhair60, May 11, 2021, 11:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

Quote from: mobias on June 13, 2021, 10:22:02 PM
Its nothing out of the ordinary in size, its about 100GB. Remember it streams most of its data as you're playing it. Having a really fast stable internet connection is vital.

100GB still takes a bloody long time to download on the console, regardless of the internet connection. Microsoft isn't as bad as Sony, but I never anywhere near my full internet speeds downloading games from thier stores. 100GB is still pretty big anyway for the Series S's measly 364GB SSD.

Regardless I'm looking forward to have giving it a go. Some of the videos I've seen from the PC version look so good.

Reiko

Quote from: druss on June 13, 2021, 10:20:21 PM
Anything good yet, feels like it's been downhill since Elden Ring.
personaly not impressed even by Elden Ring...

Timothy

The Xbox show was great. Outer Worlds 2, Psychonauts 2, Flight Simulator, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and nearly all the indie titles looked great.
Happy to see 12 minutes and Hades coming to Gamepass.

LAD coming to Gamepass is also a treat.

The only thing that worried me was the fact that they didn't show any Halo Singleplayer gameplay. Still not convinced that's gonna be good.

Tomorrow the Direct. Very much looking forward to that.

mobias

Quote from: Consignia on June 13, 2021, 10:45:50 PM

Regardless I'm looking forward to have giving it a go. Some of the videos I've seen from the PC version look so good.

You'll love it. Its very playable with an Xbox controller but if you really find you're enjoying it I recommend investing in a HOTAS. There's a few for the sim which are compatible with the Xbox.

They've really worked wonders recoding the sim with DX12 optimising it for better multicore processing. That trailer they showed was captured on the Xbox in 4K at 60FPS. Currently my RTX3080
won't even achieve that. Though that will change when the new version gets released alongside the Xbox version. I'm hoping to get in on the closed beta test starting next week.

Chedney Honks

Not being funny but if you play on Xbox your a paedo?

Hopefully gonna get XSX to play Flight Sim and crash into my dad's flat.

druss

Really want something good to happen.

Kelvin

Mostly been a bag of wank. So many publishers and brands doing showcases and appearing in the showcases of others, with the cumulative effect that everything gets diminished and feels slightly less exciting, slightly more like filler. "Did that Indie game look like those other Indie games, or was it just shown at three different events?"  I suppose that's just the era we live in now: staggered reveals, leaks, dedicated events leading up to a game's release, every publisher wanting a piece of the pie. But you feel like something's always being held back for next time.

Highlights so far have been Xbox and Devolver Digital - the latter of which are still putting on very "Marmite" showcases, but do at least feel like they've earned their place with the bigger boys, and can back it up with some of the best looking indie games on the market. Trying not to get too carried away for Nintendo tomorrow, but if Zelda doesn't get shown I'm slitting my throat.       

brat-sampson

I'd honestly recommend heading back to check out the Day of the Devs showcase by DoubleFine. It was a really well-curated set of upcoming indies, most of which I hadn't heard of before but which looked delightful. It aired just after the SGF opener so when everyone was still rushing to watch 4K Elden Ring on Youtube, but yeah, go check a look.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/everything-that-happened-the-summer-game-fest-day-of-the-devs-showcase-2021

Thursday

Not even sure why Capcom bothered with a showcase there.

Thursday

Quote from: Kelvin on June 14, 2021, 10:41:27 PM
but if Zelda doesn't get shown I'm slitting my throat.       

*20 minutes on the skyward sword re-release.*

Bazooka

Link's Crossbow Training HD £50.

Utter Shit

I've been doing a few bits of writing for the new Jurassic World Evolution game. It looks bloody good lads.

popcorn

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 15, 2021, 02:46:06 PM
I've been doing a few bits of writing for the new Jurassic World Evolution game. It looks bloody good lads.

As in writing articles etc about the game, or writing for the game?

Utter Shit

Writing for the game itself. Nothing particularly creative - just info on the various genera, formations etc.

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 15, 2021, 02:46:06 PM

A velociraptor turns to the camera and says "I bet you're loving this on the Cook'dandBomb'd forum, aren't you?"

New Intellivision console:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QZcAe80uCs

"Let's try the Wii U again, but with no Nintendo games."

DocDaneeka

Nintendo stream starting, as the kids say "my botty is ready".

DocDaneeka

popcorn

Fucken hell Metroid Dread! mate.

DocDaneeka

Pfft jumping on the Metroidvania bandwagon a few years too late.

Chedney Honks

Tremendous conf so far if you're a registered paedophile.

Chedney Honks

ESPGALUDA 2 ON THE JAPANESE STREAM

I REPEAT

I REPEAT

I REPEAT

I REPEAT

Chedney Honks

Cunt of life.

Cunt of death.

Malcy

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 15, 2021, 02:59:18 PM
A velociraptor turns to the camera and says "I bet you're loving this on the Cook'dandBomb'd forum, aren't you?"

Had a really shit day and just did a big smile at that. Cheers!

brat-sampson

Loved METROID DREAD, I game I've been making joking references to for over a decade.

Also SMTV, Advance Wars remake, Warioware, BotW Sequel next year.

Overall, lots to love.

You may now all proceed with saying how shit it was. I'm pretty happy.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 15, 2021, 05:32:13 PM

I REPEAT

I REPEAT

I REPEAT

I REPEAT

He's not lying, lads.

https://youtu.be/mOOsH2qny4g

It's got allllll the versions and all.

That was alright, considering we've another year lost to COVID.

Dread: bought
Warioware: bought
Advance Wars: bought
Monkey Balls: bought
Cruisin' fucking Unicorns: bought
All the Cave shooters: bought

That'll do.

popcorn

They showed loads of Metroid Dread after the main stream thing. It looks disappointingly similar to the Metroid II remake (same dev team), a game I enjoyed but found completely forgettable. Here's hoping it turns out as ace as its name promises though.