Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,796
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:00:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sad old git section

Started by canadagoose, February 29, 2024, 09:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

I can drive

but you know what that led to

not even once

it's my five year CaBiversary this september, and you can't say that the years 2019-2024 have been uneventful

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Underturd on March 01, 2024, 01:31:07 AMGreetings!

Hello Underturd, if that's really your real name. I have my suspicions.

Underturd

My parents had a sick sense of humour.

Hat FM

Joined when i was 31 11 years ago apparently. felt young and relevant then. nowadays constantly wish i could turn the clock back to correct my many mistakes. also, can't drive.

derek stitt

I like beans I like sauce I like sexual intercourse

Glebe

I've driven a go-kart in Spain. Badly. Otherwise never actually sat behind the wheel of a proper vehicle.

Captain Z

Having wasted countless hours of my life on a music forum until around 2010, I swore I'd never join another one again. And I never did.

Now 38, can drive, do enjoy it. Badly balding in recent years, but my foreskin has been steadily growing back.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: SetToStun on February 29, 2024, 09:46:20 PMFunnily enough I was wondering just the other day when it was that I joined up - it must have been before the Great Crash as Trigger Happy TV was still showing (I joined to ask whether and where I could buy one of those giant mobile 'phones for a colleague's birthday. Boy did I get roasted).

I would have been around 33-34 at the time. 57 now - significantly older but not noticeably wiser.

For full disclosure I passed my driving test first time out, in 1984. I suspect the examiner was mad or drunk.

Our timelines are remarkably similar. Same age, driving test pass date and time on the board.

SetToStun

Quote from: jamiefairlie on March 01, 2024, 09:01:09 PMOur timelines are remarkably similar. Same age, driving test pass date and time on the board.

Please don't tell me you're a slightly embittered systems analyst in South Essex - I'm not sure how I'd react to there being two of me.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: SetToStun on March 01, 2024, 09:23:14 PMPlease don't tell me you're a slightly embittered systems analyst in South Essex - I'm not sure how I'd react to there being two of me.

Do work in tech but not in England so you're fine to carry on as a unitary entity.

Small Man Big Horse

I had about 40 driving lessons, failed the test twice, and then became friends with a 21 year old who was happy to let me drive her around places for a year or so and I managed to become fairly okay driving wise. Then I headed off to university and the only time I've driven since was about ten years ago when I was visiting my Mum and she felt a bit ill, so I took over for the final five minute drive home and couldn't get out of second gear as I was so nervous.

When I joined the forum I'd just finished working as a logger / online vision mixer for the second series of Big Brother, was smoking weed pretty much every day, single and about eleven stone, but still living at my Mum's in Surrey. Now I'm completely sober, live in a shared house in London, and I've a steady job that I really enjoy, but on the downside I'm about 22 stone. Still, the diabetes is so bad now I have to stop eating badly and lose weight, so hopefully I'll somehow manage that.

falafel

Joined when I was about 19, and am 40 in a couple of months.

I learned to drive a few years ago but

king_tubby

I joined in 2004 to download Blue Jam rips when I was 29. Hitting 50 this year like an old bastard. Had a  posting hiatus between 2006 and 2017, for some reason.

I can drive, but I don't. I hate it.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Underturd on March 01, 2024, 02:05:07 PMMy parents had a sick sense of humour.

Were they God?
       - Mr M. Gore, Basildon

lauraxsynthesis

I see that on 17 Apr 2006 I emailed the link to the site to my then boyfriend and I think I used it back then to download audio stuff, though I couldn't find evidence of having signed up or taken part in fora when I came back a few years ago so I seem to have only been a proper user since 2021 by which time I was already in my late 40s rip.

Underturd