Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A question about queer asexuality

Started by Underturd, March 14, 2024, 05:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underturd

There's got to be someone on here who's queer and asexual. If you feel comfortable talking about it could you give me some idea of how it works in your head? See I've got a close friend who identifies as queer and ace but it's early days and we don't have the sort of friendship where I feel right asking them in case it comes across as me thinking it's a phase. And I want to be supportive if they need me to.

Or you could just take the piss out of me for being clueless which I probably am.

bgmnts

Isn't queer an umbrella term to cover anyone not heterosexual and/or cis gendered? So asexual would come under queer I assumed.

Hat fucked if not.

Underturd

Pink Gregory

is queerness especially to do with attraction or is there a gender aspect to it?

Underturd

They're genderfluid and they find various genders attractive.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: bgmnts on March 14, 2024, 05:35:28 PMIsn't queer an umbrella term to cover anyone not heterosexual and/or cis gendered? So asexual would come under queer I assumed.

Hat fucked if not.

Asexual isn't queer. It's neither queer nor there.

bgmnts

Quote from: Underturd on March 14, 2024, 05:36:38 PMThey're bi but ace.

So they're sexually attracted to men and women but also feel no sexual attraction?

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 14, 2024, 05:58:13 PMAsexual isn't queer. It's neither queer nor there.

Hat roundly fucked then.

tourism

probably they're into whoever on an aesthetic/romantic level but nobody sexually

Underturd

Quote from: bgmnts on March 14, 2024, 05:59:30 PMSo they're sexually attracted to men and women but also feel no sexual attraction?

I think they are romantically and aesthetically attracted not sexually. I get that but I'd like to know more about what makes it all tick.
Quote from: tourism on March 14, 2024, 06:04:28 PMprobably they're into whoever on an aesthetic/romantic level but nobody sexually
Yes :-)

McFlymo

I think it's awesome that you want to support your friend, while also not wanting to ask questions that might offend them. If they knew you were going to such extents to educate yourself, on their behalf, I am sure they would really appreciate it.

I don't know much, but I remember a podcast that covered loads of stuff and gave me so much to think about. I think it was this:

https://doingitpodcast.co.uk/episodes/yasminbenoit

McFlymo

Underturd

Quote from: McFlymo on March 15, 2024, 01:31:52 AMI think it's awesome that you want to support your friend, while also not wanting to ask questions that might offend them. If they knew you were going to such extents to educate yourself, on their behalf, I am sure they would really appreciate it.

I don't know much, but I remember a podcast that covered loads of stuff and gave me so much to think about. I think it was this:

https://doingitpodcast.co.uk/episodes/yasminbenoit

Aw thanks! That's going to be a lot of help. I knew asking here was a good idea.