Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

JFK discussion here!

Started by Cerys, February 17, 2013, 04:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beached Torpedoes

Maybe the CIA will send an assassin to kill them?

Pepotamo1985

Further to what Bigs said, I'd say for Oswald to be the lone gunman - or even a gunman at all - an astounding amount of witnesses (many of whom do/did not promote the idea of a conspiracy) will have to have been wrong, and unlikely events and coincidences occurred. The well worth reading and balanced website 22november1963.org.uk has a list, reproduced below.

The many eye–witnesses who claimed to have heard gunshots from the direction of the grassy knoll, or who claimed to have seen smoke or smelled gunpowder from that direction, must have been mistaken.
The doctors in Dallas who claimed that President Kennedy's throat wound was one of entrance, not exit, must have been mistaken.
The many medical and other witnesses who claimed to have seen a large wound located toward the back of Kennedy's head, must have been mistaken.
The pathologists at the autopsy, who were insistent there was an entry wound on President Kennedy's skull that was lower than the large exit wound, and who were equally insistent that there was no entry wound high on the back of the skull, must have been mistaken.
The witnesses who claimed to have seen a bullet hole lower in Kennedy's back than was consistent with the single–bullet theory, must have been mistaken.
Dr Charles Carrico, who saw Kennedy's throat wound before the president's shirt and tie were removed, and who claimed that the wound was located above the shirt, must have been mistaken.
John Connally, who was sitting directly in front of Kennedy, and who maintained under oath and repeatedly in later interviews that he and Kennedy were injured by separate bullets, must have been mistaken.
Nellie Connally, who was sitting to her husband's left, and who also claimed that he and the president were injured by separate bullets, must have been mistaken.
The police motorcyclist who was riding to the president's right, and who also claimed that Kennedy and Connally were injured by separate bullets, must have been mistaken.
The experts from the US Army and the FBI, who found that the sixth–floor rifle was too inaccurate to have been able to accomplish the shooting, must have been mistaken.

Immediately after the shooting, Oswald must have dashed down four flights of stairs in less time than it took two other men to climb one flight.
The several well–placed witnesses who failed to see or hear Oswald running down the wooden stairs must have been exceptionally negligent.
The large wound in the president's head, which displayed all the signs of having been caused by a soft–nosed bullet, must instead have been the result of very unusual behaviour by a solid, metal–jacketed bullet.
For the single–bullet theory to be true, Kennedy must have suddenly leaned much further forward than he is shown to have done in any of the known photographs or films; and his jacket must have bunched up much more than was shown in a photograph taken less than half a second before he became visible from the sixth–floor window; and his shirt must have bunched up far more than could reasonably have happened.
The Zapruder film, which shows Connally reacting to a bullet wound noticeably later than Kennedy, and which shows Connally still gripping his cowboy hat seconds after Kennedy had been shot, must have been tampered with.
The back–and–to–the–left movement of Kennedy's head must have been a virtually impossible response to a shot fired from almost directly behind him; or, again, the Zapruder film must have been altered.

Some or all of these things may have happened. But all of them have to have happened for Oswald to be guilty.

The Beached Torpedoes

There is a two-man sniper team consisting of Mac Wallace (the shooter) and David Sanchez Morales (the spotter).

biggytitbo

It's possible I suppose but there's no evidence that Mac Wallace was a sniper or proficient with rifles.

A fingerprint expert did conclude his fingerprint was on one of the boxes of course, but that evidence is disputed and very less than conclusive.

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: The Beached Torpedoes on August 23, 2015, 02:24:52 PM
There is a two-man sniper team consisting of Mac Wallace (the shooter) and David Sanchez Morales (the spotter).

I don't really buy the Wallace print stuff. If it was his print, I imagine it was entered into evidence via shenanigans as a way of ensuring LBJ's compliance. It seems to have convinced way too many researchers[nb]including the usually sober and conservative Robin Ramsay at Lobster[/nb] of LBJ's ultimate guilt for the assassination, and I just don't see it based on what we know.

Mr_Simnock

What has Jackie Kennedy ever said about the event? She would have seen both bullets hit him, or at the very least all his wounds showing more than one bullet had hit him.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on August 23, 2015, 06:14:28 PM
What has Jackie Kennedy ever said about the event?

She said:  "Quite boring if truth be told."

I think she was getting a bit sick and tired of her husband being assassinated by that point.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on August 23, 2015, 06:14:28 PM
What has Jackie Kennedy ever said about the event? She would have seen both bullets hit him, or at the very least all his wounds showing more than one bullet had hit him.

She didn't say much publically, except like almost everyone involved she did state in an interview that she didn't believe the single bullet theory. In private her and Bobby sent an envoy to see khrushchev to assure him they did not believe the Russians were responsible, rather than jfk was killed by domestic enemies.

Van Dammage

What's the best book about the whole JFK assassination? I don't believe Oswald acted alone but I never really read deeply into any of it. Reading through this thread and there's so many names thrown around and it gets hard to keep track of.

biggytitbo

Hard to say because all the best ones are really for people who already know a lot about the case. JFk Assasination debates is good for presenting most of the main theories pro and con, and Anthony Summers Not in your lifetime is good as a sober, unsensational case for conspiracy

The Beached Torpedoes

Did Jackie know?

Her husband JFK is assassinated by a sniper; LBJ becomes President. Mac Wallace, his known associate, is an US Marine expert marksman and convicted murder. 

"'And said this twice [to let us known this is a deliberate choice of words], "'They've murdered my husband! They've murdered my husband'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp4LFRhL-XY

Not assassinated, not killed, but murdered.

Sen. Ralph Yarborough was also lawyer, so he understood the nuance between the words Jackie chose to say and chose not to say.

What do you think? Did Jackie know that LBJ and Mac Wallace murdered JFK?

Pepotamo1985

Quote from: Van Dammage on August 23, 2015, 07:35:19 PM
What's the best book about the whole JFK assassination?

As Biggy said, Summers' book NIYL (also published as Conspiracy) is probably the best general overview of the case. He focuses a bit too much on the Cuba/Mafia angle but it's still a very informative read. Try to get an older edition, too - the 50th anniversary copy trims out plenty of worthwhile material, for very poor reasons. Summers has gone a bit funny in his old age, he no longer believes the CIA had anything to do with it and thinks it was entirely a Mafia hit if there was a conspiracy at all.

You may also want to check out www.22november1963.org.uk. It's a very accessible and even-handed overview of the better available evidence, quite critical of the weaker/bunk material and highly logical in its approach. Tons of great stuff on there.

biggytitbo

That is a great website. As is jfkfacts.com.

Lots of good material on ctka aswell.