Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:17:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2024 music

Started by lankyguy95, January 12, 2024, 03:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

New from Lord Spikeheart (DUMA, MC Yallah's No One Seems To Bother)

lankyguy95

Excited for the new Mary Timony

lankyguy95

A couple of new things.

Really enjoying a bunch of songs off the new Chelsea Wolfe album that came out last Friday. A darker, gothier Portishead feel to some of it.

Lovely 80s Blue Nile-ish vibe to the new Bullion single (featuring Carly Rae Jepsen). Sweet restraint.

Kankurette

Ha, I was just about to mention Chelsea Wolfe and you beat me to it! I've been getting into her as of late, Dusk piqued my interest. I like that whole gloomy women doing heavy rock genre (AA Williams, Emma Ruth Rundle, GGGOLDDD etc.)

lankyguy95

New Pearl Jam single. I'd be more into it if they'd thrown some harmonies on top.

selectivememory

New Jessica Pratt album coming out in May. Will probably start a thread nearer the time, if someone else doesn't, as I know I'm not the only fan of hers here. Think it was this place that put me onto her music in the first place.

Quote from: phantom_power on January 29, 2024, 10:01:31 AMFingers crossed for a new Joanna Newsom album this year. She is playing some live shows so it is a distinct possibility

Really hope so. Feels like it must have been a year or so since she was debuting new material at some live shows, so it's gotta be soon, right?

lankyguy95

Having a lovely time with the new Gaussian Curve track this morning:

And I'm excited for the new vitriolic noise from Couch Slut:

lankyguy95

New Nils Frahm album today. A lovely bit of breathing space.

https://nilsfrahm.bandcamp.com/album/day

How To Dress Well has released two new singles. This one has already slinked its way under my skin with all its infectious, groovy loveliness.

And the new Knocked Loose is nasty.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot the new Squarepusher album is also out. I'll listen to that in a bit.

iamcoop

New Pissed Jeans album out today.

It's fucking mint, as usual.

Calistan

https://markmulcahyhq.bandcamp.com/album/you-can-see-the-future

New Mark Mulcahy EP. He rarely puts a foot wrong and this is another lovely listen.

dontpaintyourteeth

New Waxahatchee is good. I see the new JAMC is out but I haven't been brave enough to listen to it yet in case it's shite. Excited for the new Shabaka album that is out next month

The latest COD3 QR comp (Laurent Garnier) is pretty great.

https://cod3qr.bandcamp.com/album/cod3-qr-016

Some highlights:

studpuppet

After seeing Tapir! live a few weeks back, I bought their album The Pilgrim, Their God & The King Of My Decrepit Mountain, which is a really nice gentle, beautiful collection of songs:

QuoteSouth-London-based 6-piece Tapir! present their debut album, The Pilgrim, Their God and the King of My Decrepit Mountain. The album follows a three-act structure – released by Heavenly Recordings as three four-track EPs – telling the story of a solitary traveller, an ambiguous red creature known as The Pilgrim, on a journey across a mythical landscape of eerie forests, stormy seas and unholy mountains populated by beasts, injured birds and idealised eidolons. A fantastical offbeat fable carried along by Gray's crisp, heartfelt vocals and the band's instinctive, idiosyncratic melodies, the project at times feels like the musical equivalent of the paintings of Henry Darger, Henri Rousseau or Philip Guston.

They're also unusual, which I like.

dontpaintyourteeth

oh also album of the year so far is probably CUNTROACHES for me, Clive.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on January 20, 2024, 03:32:57 AMNever believe the return to form lie.

Sonic Youth fans had to put up with this for the last decade of their existence.

Still House Plants have a new album out next month, the pre-release tracks sound beautiful.  I wish they'd play live more, they're only doing London and Salford so far.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: jamiefairlie on January 20, 2024, 03:32:57 AMNever believe the return to form lie.

I heard it was their best album since Scary Monsters

Egyptian Feast

Never thought I'd get massively into a Kim Gordon solo album, but I was intrigued by the track title 'Psychedelic Orgasm' when someone shared a brief clip on Twitter and really fell for it. The rest of it hasn't disappointed and she's also given me ideas for how to make something out of a sunk cost fallacy track I finally gave up on and chucked in a bin folder a couple of months ago, so cheers Kim.

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on March 23, 2024, 05:30:29 PMStill House Plants have a new album out next month, the pre-release tracks sound beautiful.  I wish they'd play live more, they're only doing London and Salford so far.

I love this band. Was going to strat a thread about them. Cheers for the heads up!

Quote from: Cleveland Steamer on March 23, 2024, 06:27:55 PMI love this band. Was going to strat a thread about them. Cheers for the heads up!

Pleasure - More More Faster's on it, I don't know if it's the (brilliant) original or if they've re-recorded it.

lankyguy95

Love love love this new Julie Christmas song. Her voice is right on the edge of breaking in the chorus towards the end and it's sodding perfect.

Bartholomew J Krishna

New album from Shabaka Hutchings (Sons of Kemet, The Comet Is Coming).
He's continuing his break from the saxophone and picking up flutes and clarinets instead. (Especially the shakuhachi. I love a bit of shakuhachi).
Youtube playlist here.

buttgammon

The new Skee Mask is great - a concentrated, intense hit of some of his more uptempo music. Ilian Tape is my favourite record label at the moment; they've been in seriously good form for the last few years.

Head Gardener

lankyguy95

^ Came across that one the other day. Lovely stuff.

lauraxsynthesis

Also picked up the Kim Gordon and this kiddie's album. 

It's on Heavenly Recordings which also does Kneecap which is a 2024 fave band for me so far.

Recently caught up with the new Allie X album Girl with No Face and it's already my favourite of hers (I say that after loving CollXtion I and Cape God). Modern popstar does homage to 80s synth / new romantic is hardly the most original idea, but this is one of the best examples of it.