Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grange Hill

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 18, 2024, 06:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

A thread for discussion of the TV show Grange Hill.

Most of it is up on itvx, not sure if you need premium though. It does get a bit sameish after Series 15.

I think we had a Grange Hill HS Art thread once where Trisha Yates tried to take the school giraffe.

Loved how much the other teachers thought Bronson was an arsehole.

prelektric

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 18, 2024, 06:19:45 PMTrisha Yates tried to take the school giraffe

Well, we had a school donkey later on... Not many giraffes around Elstree though...

Not sure where to start - it was completely omnipotent growing up in the 80s. No time to do more right now but I was a big fan - more to come.

Dr Rock

Butchers Blind

Never really watched Grange Hill. After a day of school the last thing I think I wanted to watch was a programme about school.

jamiefairlie

Gordon Jonah Jones was the great lost character of the show and his departure is the pivot from greatness to increasing shitness.

The writers wanted to kill him off but the actor wasn't having it and quit so they brought back one-off character Jeremy, his cousin, and made him a cunt and then drowned him.

Dr Rock

I once had an LSD induced vision of Scruffy McGuffy crawling along the floor.

That bit where Cathy Hargreaves jerked off Justin Bennett in return for him helping with her homework was too much.

Mr Banlon

Fresh 'n' Fly inventing UK Hip Hop

I loved that one time when that young-Michael-Jackson lookalike caught the sausage on the fork and threw it back.

Mr Banlon

The one where the American Football gang leader bought a speedboat

shiftwork2

When Trish Yates cracked a smile in S3E4 at 14'34"

Mr Banlon

Dr Rock

Which ones were gay? Bronson? Yeah. Gripper Stebson, Danny artist who drowned, er, Miss Dykesabout

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 18, 2024, 07:51:14 PMWhich ones were gay? Bronson? Yeah. Gripper Stebson, Danny artist who drowned, er, Miss Dykesabout

Gripper wasn't but he bummed Denny to keep him in line.

pigamus

The greatest era of Grange Hill was the Sunday morning repeats, that's the only bit of the nineties I'm nostalgic about

Gulftastic

Quote from: jamiefairlie on January 18, 2024, 08:01:57 PMGripper wasn't but he bummed Denny to keep him in line.

The school greenhouse scene is now cut from most repeats.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 18, 2024, 08:40:42 PMThe school greenhouse scene is now cut from most repeats.

Only this still from the beginning remains

jamiefairlie

Another from the uncut version with added Ro-land

copa

It's 1989. An iconic moment that symbolises freedom.
Not the falling of the Berlin Wall; the crashing down of the cake table.
The mighty Trevor Cleaver: "You've stepped in the jelly, mate"
As one, a nation of young oddballs stands and applauds.

Gulftastic

Quote from: jamiefairlie on January 18, 2024, 08:45:49 PMAnother from the uncut version with added Ro-land

I'm only trying to bum you Ro-land.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 18, 2024, 09:30:51 PMI'm only trying to bum you Ro-land.

Say what you like about Gripper but he had the decency to remove Ro-land's glasses first so they didn't steam up or get all spunk.

Mind you, on reflection, maybe Denny's shoved them up his arse.

kalowski

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 18, 2024, 06:19:45 PMA thread for discussion of the TV show Grange Hill.

Most of it is up on itvx, not sure if you need premium though. It does get a bit sameish after Series 15.

I think we had a Grange Hill HS Art thread once where Trisha Yates tried to take the school giraffe.

Loved how much the other teachers thought Bronson was an arsehole.
Bang my hat! ItvX? I'd have sworn it was a BBC show!!! Never trust my memory.

paddy72

Danny Kendall falling dead out of Bronson's car, Bullet Baxter personifying every PE teacher I ever hated (the terrible tracksuit, the authoritarian whistle) despite being one of the good guys really, Zammo on the smack.

Ah, halcyon days...

Glebe

"I really like you Ro-land you crisp-mad bully-magnet."

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: kalowski on January 18, 2024, 10:07:30 PMBang my hat! ItvX? I'd have sworn it was a BBC show!!! Never trust my memory.

It was a BBC show

Glebe

Sausage on fork to the sound of funky bass.

Gurke and Hare

35 years today since Danny Kendall died.

Sebastian Cobb

Watching this on ITV-X seems so wrong. Like when Sega games started becoming available on Nintendo.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 23, 2024, 12:17:30 PM35 years today since Danny Kendall died.

SOMETIME PUPIL OF THIS SCHOOL really is scraping the barrel isn't it?

kalowski

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 23, 2024, 12:17:30 PM35 years today since Danny Kendall died.

That was yesterday you heartless bastard.