Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Resident Alien (season 3)

Started by Famous Mortimer, February 25, 2024, 05:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

18 months after the end of season 2, this show is back.

The two kids had something of a growth spurt, leading me to wonder if they'd recast the boy, so it's lacking a little of the dynamic of before; looks like the girl is gone from the show after episode 1 (maybe she'll return in a bit). Revealing Harry's secret to D'Arcy was the only sensible move, and I thought she'd be able to be part of the main plots now, but it looks like they again can't figure out anything to do with her so she's going to get another alcoholism storyline. Also, nice to seen Enver Gjokaj back, although he also looks substantially older than he did in season 2.

I'm happy to see it return, but there's something just a little off about it. I wonder why Harry seems to have gotten more alien as the show's gone on, rather than less. Perhaps he's relaxing and isn't trying to blend in any more?

Is anyone else watching it?

Ant Farm Keyboard

Yes. The show hates refrigerator repairmen.

Oosp

Thank you! Been waiting for this to return. Cracking show. Will dive back in

Famous Mortimer

Episode 2 was much stronger, and it's kind of a bummer that
Spoiler alert
the grey has probably left town?
[close]
I liked their final interaction a lot.

Dex Sawash

Watched s1 e1 last night. Jokes are dumb but tolerable for now. First eps are usually hard to judge a series.

Mister Six

Not really interested in this, but as a concept it seems like a show that fell out of a time warp from 1997. That's not a criticism, just an observation.

Oosp

Where is everyone watching S3? Can't seem to find it but haven't tried VPN yet in fairness. Is it on US Netflix? Waited long enough for this to come back, pls help, kthanxbyeeeee

Dex Sawash

On US netflix has all, but I'm on S1 E2 and may stop watching but I watched at least 3 seasons of Wynonna Earp so you never know.

Oosp

I'm looking at US Netflix now and S3 hasn't been added... are you people actually watching fuckin Syfy on a TV?

Dex Sawash

There is no S3 on my NF. Fucked that one up, s3 is on syfy

Ant Farm Keyboard

Well, we indeed lost
Spoiler alert
the Grey as a foil to Harry, but we got a Blue Avian in exchange, and it looks like Edi Patterson will be at the center of the next couple of episodes. I hope that she will be involved in some human form after the cliffhanger.
[close]

Ant Farm Keyboard

The season is finished.

The episode order was reduced after a couple of months. Which resulted in 12 episodes being crammed into 8, the opposite of what happened with season 2, where they got an extended order and didn't know what to fill it with.
It made the show bonkers in a good way, losing sight of a few secondary plots in the process and rushing others (like the Alien Tracker), but providing a lot of comedy in unexpected areas.

Spoiler alert
Edi Paterson was, predictably, a delight, with a weird energy that mirrors and supports Tudyk's, but they actually got Joseph (the half-Grey alien) back, as they noticed that the actor also had great chemistry with Tudyk.
The writing for the sheriff has much improved, and it was a delight to see his romantic courtship being constantly interrupted by the dog poop issue in the finale.
[close]

There's a huge cliffhanger for a potential season 4. Anyway, even if the ratings have plummeted with the release of the second half of the second season (which was barely promoted by SyFy in the US), it may be saved through Netflix, as it's a hit there since the first two seasons landed.