Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:35:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2023 First-Round Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, July 09, 2023, 12:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Hello. Welcome to your official Wimblewrong 2023 first-round draw thread. Here is a reminder of the rules (including a new rule - which I've put in bold text - to cover the usage of AI in your wrongs):

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.

2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.

3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size, and must be still images.

4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours. In the event of a tie after the voting period has passed, the voting time will be extended by 12 hours, and if after that there is no winner, the next player to get a vote will win the tie.

5. Common sense prevails in image choice.

6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

7. In some cases it is necessary for one or more high-scoring losers to progress to the next round. High-scoring losers are simply those who get the most votes out of all the losing players in the round. If it comes down to two players who have the same number of votes, the player who lost by the smaller margin will progress as the high-scoring loser.

8. If players use AI to form any part of their images, they must declare that and post links to source images and the prompts they used to generate them, and also disclose which website/image generator they used.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

Right, so the draw:

Tie 1: @TheGingerAlien vs @hamfist
Tie 2: @Mr Farenheit vs @Lordofthefiles
Tie 3: @Ferris vs @Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse
Tie 4: @Cerys vs @billyandthecloneasaurus
Tie 5: @Spoon of Ploff vs @madhair60
Tie 6: @Dr Trouser vs @PlanktonSideburns
Tie 7: @DoesNotFollow vs @Clive Dogshit
Tie 8: @touchingcloth vs @Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

As usual, those named first in the ties will serve. I'm posting the draw a bit earlier than intended as I might not be available to do it tomorrow morning, so I'm going to set the deadline for the serves at 10:00 BST on Wednesday.

Right, have at it cunts.

PlanktonSideburns

selectivememory

Also, @Mr Farenheit, Lordofthefiles will not be available to play before the 15th, so you may take up until then to post your serve. I'll start the return clock at 10:00 on the 15th for them. So your match will probably take a little longer to complete. Cheers.

touchingcloth

Ferris

So I'm serving, and have 72hrs to submit something? I won't need all that time (I'm shit and am going out first round) but just wanted to check.

PlanktonSideburns

Man, yours is going to be the Wimblewrong equivalent of that Fleetwood mack album

Going to make a glebe post look like a rothko

selectivememory

Quote from: Ferris on July 09, 2023, 12:40:23 AMSo I'm serving, and have 72hrs to submit something? I won't need all that time (I'm shit and am going out first round) but just wanted to check.

👍

TheGingerAlien

Can we change the name of the sub-board to Wimblewrong 2023?

selectivememory

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on July 09, 2023, 05:08:09 PMCan we change the name of the sub-board to Wimblewrong 2023?

If you see this, @Barry Admin , could you change it for us please? Cheers

Fambo Number Mive

I love Wimblewrong so much, been looking forward to it for months. Thank you for umpiring selectivememory.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 09, 2023, 06:43:25 PMI love Wimblewrong so much, been looking forward to it for months. Thank you for umpiring selectivememory.
Seconded.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cerys

I suspect there's going to be a bit of a delay with my serve - we've got people in working on the flat.  With luck I'll be able to deliver within the time limit, but I thought I should give you a heads-up just in case.

madhair60

I'm going to be away from July 14th thru 19th so if I'm not voted out in round 1 I'm going to unavailable for those days