Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:41:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

is this poem good

Started by Mobius, March 26, 2024, 01:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cleveland Steamer on March 26, 2024, 07:19:08 AMI think the needle line is referring to the thin narrow streets rather than the wide avenues of Manhattan (is Manhattan wide? I've never been), or just a bit of fuck-it poetic imagery, which is alright, too.

If a van's a drug, then a thin narrow street is a huge needle injecting it into Manhattan.

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on March 26, 2024, 11:36:49 PMJust prose but the Word formatting fucked up.

I write 'poetry', and I've never won a prize for anything I've submitted (obviously) but to think I've lost out to something like that makes me sad.

Don't be sad.  Get a gold star, stick it to the paper.  Show it to people.  You won poetry.

bgmnts

It's not about the gold sticker, but deep down you want to know that someone appreciates you, what you feel, and how you express it, on some level.

Buelligan

Maybe.  Not convinced.  You feel it when your work is good.  It heals.  It makes you whole.  Other people cannot give you that.  Even if they want to.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Cleveland Steamer on March 26, 2024, 07:19:08 AMI think the needle line is referring to the thin narrow streets

Nah. She's saying she's been stitched up.

Mr Vegetables

Someone more talented than me could definitely do this poem as a version of Parklife

Underturd

It would probably be okay spoken, like a rap, in fact I reckon that's what it actually is.