Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hair transplant

Started by The Bumlord, December 05, 2023, 07:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bumlord

Should be of interest to a few here.

My work chum had this done a while back. Cost three grand inclusive of the flight to Turkey and hotel.

After a few months of hilarity and scabby head bants I've met up with him again and...it looks good. I'm jealous.

Any former slapheads here?

Milo

Zero Gravitas

Shameful, being seen to be overpowered by vanity like that is far more contemptible than being a baldie slaphead.

The Bumlord

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on December 05, 2023, 07:58:00 PMShameful, being seen to be overpowered by vanity like that is far more contemptible than being a baldie slaphead.

Zero Gravitas

Milo

He could have spent the three grand on about thirty nice coats.

jobotic

My scalp is looking really thin, and it seems to have come on really quick. It's upsetting me.

However I don't have three grand to go to Turkey and if I did I'd have to take my family on holiday, not buy hair.

Fucking love to fill in the gaps though.

The Bumlord

The Bumlord

Quote from: Milo on December 05, 2023, 08:04:23 PMHe could have spent the three grand on about thirty nice coats.

And put them over his head?

Dex Sawash

Bobby Fingers gets goes to Turkey, gets a single arse hair transplanted to his head in this

Quote from: hamfist on November 18, 2023, 09:06:16 AM

So there's a new Bobby Fingers film in which he builds a remarkable rowing boat. Which is also Jeff Bezos. And it's not even the build that impresses me, the pure charm, the callbacks, the references, the sheer love. Fuck.

Incredible. This is the best thing on YT. The. Best.

Milo

I suppose it comes down to how much of an impact it was having on him. If he was born spiritually weak and couldn't cope with the ravages of nature and needed the procedure to function then so be it.

It's a bit like the bizarre large hard glandular lump on my right tit that's made me full of self-disgust for two decades but I've got the spiritual strength to just loathe myself rather than have surgery to alter it.

The Bumlord

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 05, 2023, 08:06:13 PMBobby Fingers gets goes to Turkey, gets a single arse hair transplanted to his head in this

I couldn't believe that when I first watched it, laughed out loud.

He has enough arse hair to feed a small country

Milo

Quote from: The Bumlord on December 05, 2023, 08:05:59 PMAnd put them over his head?

That's what hoods are for. We can't wear hats to conceal baldness because hats are not socially acceptable so hoods are the next best thing.

checkoutgirl

3 grand is good value. It would be 5 times that round our way. I'm on fin for over a year now and it seems to be working but my stressful job seems to be thinnin' me on top a bit.

Women have make up. Why can't men have hair transplants and that?

touchingcloth

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 05, 2023, 08:14:25 PM3 grand is good value. It would be 5 times that round our way. I'm on fin for over a year now and it seems to be working but my stressful job seems to be thinnin' me on top a bit.

Don't forget about the hidden costs. It's not just the initial outlay, it's the time and money you then lose to shampoo and haircuts.

Goldentony

nothing against anyone doing this but there hasn't been a single good one yet. I've seen enough episodes of First Dates UK and Ireland to be able to just instantly spot a hair trasplant and 100% of the time it's from the insanity of the hairline at the front rather than anything else. If they could somehow nail the hairline itd probably be fine but as it stands you might aswell have a hat on.

Lemming

The problem is that, unless your balding is slow and relatively minor, you'll just continue to go bald around your transplant and look like a maniac. Those of us who underwent all-out baldageddon as adolescents never even had the option, for our "donor hair" fucked off in large quantities too.

Best bet remains headgear, with a shitty wig (or "hair system" if you're a wanker) on standby for special occasions. Proper lace wigs bizarrely tend to look better than dodgy hair transplants too.

Small Man Big Horse

I photoshopped a picture of myself to see what I'd look like bald and there was a loud bang and then my laptop burst in to flames, which burnt not only the house I live in down but also the entire street. So I'm going to buy a wig.

ollyboro

There needs to be a campaign for more people to carry  hair donor cards. It must be a really difficult conversation for a doctor to have with the bereaved family.

Red82

The Bumlord

Quote from: Lemming on December 05, 2023, 08:43:35 PMThe problem is that, unless your balding is slow and relatively minor, you'll just continue to go bald around your transplant and look like a maniac.

How do you mean? The top transplanted bit remains while the back and sides go bald?

That's fine, it will replicate the medieval peasant look the young lads are into these days. Win/win.

FeederFan500

Quote from: The Bumlord on December 05, 2023, 09:02:28 PMHow do you mean? The top transplanted bit remains while the back and sides go bald?

That's fine, it will replicate the medieval peasant look the young lads are into these days. Win/win.

Yeah, you have to go again like Rooney or Ben Stokes.

If you start shedding in your twenties surely you know that one single transplant won't be enough, but Andy Goode is probably the funniest example because he had awful hair before the transplant. That said, post-op he looks a lot better for it.

Don't really know what the endgame is if you are having ops but only have the smallest band of 'natural' hair left. Do you just go for really thin all over or the Slaven Bilic look where it's oddly patchy?

Cuellar

Quote from: Lemming on December 05, 2023, 08:43:35 PM"hair system"

This phrase never ever fails to make me smile.

If someone said "hair" at you, you'd never in a million years think that the word "system" was coming next.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Why do they always go Turkey to get teeth and hair done, is it cheaper there? Do you have any legal recourse if they bollocks it all up?

Uncle TechTip

I've read a couple of articles on the process and it just makes me want to go to the toilet. The description of the pain in the initial stages. You can't put a T-shirt on in case you rip all your new follicles out. Your head bleeds during your sleep for weeks. It sounds appalling. And I can't imagine what it would be like to go through all that at great expense and it isn't 100% effective and invisible.

They just skin graft the hair from other places don't they? It's a no from me.

Cold Meat Platter

You can't transplant self-respect.

dead-ced-dead

I noticed I was thinning two years or so (coincidentally when I joined C&B. Coincidence.... yes, coincidence). I decided to take finasteride, which doesn't grow new hair except in small samples, but it does keep the hair you do have. That's about £15 a month. So it depends on how far along in thinning you are, but if you don't want to jump immediately to 4k hair transplant, you can try monthly finasteride and/or minoxidil first.

FeederFan500

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 05, 2023, 09:46:07 PMWhy do they always go Turkey to get teeth and hair done, is it cheaper there? Do you have any legal recourse if they bollocks it all up?

Much cheaper but still vaguely respectable. Not quite sure how it ended up being that way unless people assumed the nationality that cuts hair well must grow it well too.

The Bumlord

You never see a bald Turkish barber.

Butchers Blind

What was wrong with getting a nice syrup on your bonce if you were scared of bald?