Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:37:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Steve Wright in the afterlife

Started by Beagle 2, February 13, 2024, 05:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

I don't think we will, will we?  Mixed I think.

TommyTurnips

Wasn't he really protective over the big show format? Whenever he was off on holiday and other hosts covered for him they weren't allowed to use any of the sound effects or jingles. Where as Ken Bruce was fine with other hosts doing pop master when he was away.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: TommyTurnips on February 23, 2024, 09:22:30 AMWasn't he really protective over the big show format? Whenever he was off on holiday and other hosts covered for him they weren't allowed to use any of the sound effects or jingles. Where as Ken Bruce was fine with other hosts doing pop master when he was away.

I assumed for a lot of these shows the sit-in was expected to follow the standard format.

On 6 Music it was quite funny when Tom Ravenscroft had to sit in for people on the daytime shows with features as he did them in such a perfunctory fashion.

Senior Baiano

I get that Steve Wright has died, at a youngish age, and not being an actual monster, he gets this lap of honour. But ppl can fucking fuck the shit off with this rehabilitation of Moyles.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 14, 2024, 09:48:34 AMhe had a phase in 1986, when Depeche Mode released Stripped and A Question of Lust (two determinedly downbeat singles from their Black Celebration album), that he had a few on-air rants about the band, castigating them for their cheerlessness which no doubt went against every fibre of his relentlessly sunny disposition

Aw, they made up in 2015. (Warning: link contains a close-up photo of Dave Gahan looking so delicious you'll want to lick the screen) 

thr0b

Quote from: TommyTurnips on February 23, 2024, 09:22:30 AMWasn't he really protective over the big show format? Whenever he was off on holiday and other hosts covered for him they weren't allowed to use any of the sound effects or jingles. Where as Ken Bruce was fine with other hosts doing pop master when he was away.

Bruce (and other bloke) own Popmaster. Presumably it continuing to appear would be no different to a stand-in host on any other game show.

And to be fair, most radio shows until recently dropped features usually done by their regular hosts when cover was on. It's only in the last few years radio seems to have noticed that branding a show works, hence when Moyles is off, his show becomes "The Chris Moyles Show with Toby Tarrant".

(Who has made jokes when stepping in that with Roman Kemp on Capital, it's Nepo Babies at Breakfast)