Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Farmers are doing thier thing again

Started by RottonRaddish, February 22, 2024, 06:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bum Flaps

The farmers will be really moaning when Quorn start undercutting them with lab-grown milquetoast

edit: Get orf moi new page!

Blumf

Getting up at 5am makes you a hopeless Tory. Just need to get these farmers to have a lay in for a few weeks, they'll be in drum circles spreading the love in no time.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: SpiderChrist on February 23, 2024, 04:46:58 PMI went out with a farmer's daughter when I was about 15. He described her as having "child-bearing hips". Frightful cunt.
What was wrong with it?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Bently Sheds on February 23, 2024, 05:48:34 PMWhat was wrong with it?

Walked straight into that one.

No, that just makes things worse.

homesickalien

I always hear them bang on about 'no farmers, no food' but when it comes to sheep farming at least I don't know.  How much lamb do people really eat in this country?  Apart from the odd kebab I don't think I ever eat it. Could easily live on chicken kebabs and do away with the sheep farmers.

Memorex MP3

From a farming background, they're cunts and in generally spectacularly shit about being proactive in terms of even making their own lives easier let alone being receptive to mandates. The amount of ways farmers could utilize solar, wind and hydro to make aspects of their lives a lot easier with relatively little effort are massive but hardly any are interested enough in their own lifestyles to experiment.

But in terms of protesting we're ultimately talking about something very different to just stop oil or whatever. It's an industry that's protesting which a lot of people's jobs rely on in some manner or another so they have some pretty clear electoral power. In a lot of ways much closer to some kind of corporate lobby than a regular protest. Of course they're gonna be treated with a lot more respect than individuals who care about the future.

Blumf

What you city types don't get is that they're custodians of the land, holding it in safe keep for the next generation.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/apr/21/farmer-jailed-for-damaging-river-lugg-herefordshire

Yup.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: homesickalien on February 23, 2024, 06:13:17 PMI always hear them bang on about 'no farmers, no food' but when it comes to sheep farming at least I don't know.  How much lamb do people really eat in this country?  Apart from the odd kebab I don't think I ever eat it. Could easily live on chicken kebabs and do away with the sheep farmers.

I barely cook meat these days so a load of lamb from the middle Eastern/Persian places makes up a sizeable chunk of what meat I do eat.

Milo

Quote from: homesickalien on February 23, 2024, 06:13:17 PMI always hear them bang on about 'no farmers, no food' but when it comes to sheep farming at least I don't know.  How much lamb do people really eat in this country?  Apart from the odd kebab I don't think I ever eat it. Could easily live on chicken kebabs and do away with the sheep farmers.

Lamb is bastarding expensive. The tiniest bit available for purchase is generally about seven quid for a fragment. A useful piece is fifteen quid. It's just for the rich.

PlanktonSideburns

Never hear about bean farmers much do you?

Blumf

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 23, 2024, 08:41:40 PMNever hear about bean farmers much do you?

Need to keep your finger on the pulse to keep up with them.

PlanktonSideburns

Uncle TechTip

Nobody drives round slowly when hordes of tech workers or head office staff get laid off?

Post Brexit would have been the perfect opportunity to set things up the way you wanted and was even sold as such to many  so dunno what happened there.

jobotic

So who's filling the rivers full of chicken shit while these Farages are driving tractors slowly?

Sheep farming is (or at least was) more about wool than meat though, generally, although it seems that the price for fleeces is now so low that sheep farming for wool alone is no longer economically viable.

The F Bomb

Let's have your wool and then let's have your meat, sheep. Sorry. You were born to die for my The Simpsons jumper and lovely dinner.

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Kankurette on February 22, 2024, 09:11:42 PMWe all know that they feed beefburgers to swans.

And they make pigs smoke.

Mind you, the one farmer that I know is a decent sort who genuinely loves the work. He also voted Remain. Make of that what you will.